Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracks Live
hmmm... Couldn't import more than 2 audio files at same time. FTM Tracks live has no interest for me.
(03-24-2015, 08:12 PM)PascalC Wrote: hmmm... Couldn't import more than 2 audio files at same time. FTM Tracks live has no interest for me.

Why are you importing into it? It's not aimed at being a daw. At least not yet. It's simply a tool to record and then playback tracks that have been recorded for "virtual" soundchecks. Something that can be done with most daws. But this one is stripped down and to the point.

So for me recording our church services it will be great. I can use it to record the tracks and mixbus to mix them. Especially since their session files are interchangeable, being as they're both based in ardour.
You're right and i'm probably wrong but as it's a new daw i"m actually beta testing that's all. It's a nice recorder for sure but nothing more. It crashes sometimes and freezes sometimes on my computer, probably too young Wink FTM sessions are not "fully" interchangeable with HB2.5 because it's Ardour3 based. HB is based on old version of Ardour. That's why we need now a new version of Mixbus. Great daw but to old. (Ardour changed a LOT since 2 years, IMo it's a complete new daw)

From 3.5 to 2.5 it doesn't work

- Ardour 3.5 25.03.2015: import all audio files from Andrew Cole session: it works
- export / stems export
- HM2.5: I can import audio files of course, but I can't load Ardour 3.5 session on HM2.5 as you can see on screenshot.So take care. Worst, I must now kill HM process.

you can try this :

- WTL recording
- stems export
- then import audio files/stems but don't open WTL sessions on HM, this won't work

From my short experience I can't load A4 sessions on HM2.5 (mist)

Should work from 2.5 to 3.5 and not from 3.5 to 2.5. Ben will say if I'm wrong or right because i'm not so sure, so tired Sad you'd better ask him before recording.

Best regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:From my short experience I can't load HM sessions on Ardour 3.5
Sure you can load a MB2.5 file in ardour3. And ardour will be even very polite to backup and rename the old session file in "XXX-2000.ardour" so you still can use it with MB2.5
But you can't open an a3 file with MB2.5.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
Sorry I wasn't clear in my statement. I know it will take Mixbus 3 to be compatible with Tracks Live. I didn't mean to imply that MB 2.5 was capable of using Tracks Live sessions. But it will be able to soon enough. Smile
(03-26-2015, 03:49 AM)sonik Wrote:
Quote:From my short experience I can't load HM sessions on Ardour 3.5
Sure you can load a MB2.5 file in ardour3. And ardour will be even very polite to backup and rename the old session file in "XXX-2000.ardour" so you still can use it with MB2.5
But you can't open an a3 file with MB2.5.

yes i'm wrong and a bit tired

2.5 to 3.5 ok
Had pbs from 3.5 to 2.5