Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracks Live
A new free DAW for tracking/recording based on Ardour.......give a try
(03-14-2015, 02:39 AM)kmsaudio Wrote: A new free DAW for tracking/recording based on Ardour.......give a try

LOL really? Waves jumping on the train to sell more plugins? Oh Avid beware LOL
However they don't go the full distance: Linux is not supported, what a shame. That would be an excellent opportunity for Waves to sell their plugs into a new, growing market: Linux users.

MMM
Linux is not supported but this Daw is going to bring new users to Ardour and Mixbus.
Yes, Tracks is based on Ardour3; so you'll be able to use Tracks to record a live show, and then directly open the session (no conversion needed!) in Mixbus v3.

Combine this with RADAR hardware and you have a lot of different options that are optimized for their specific jobs, but are fully compatible with each other, and share the same development plans/goals. This is powerful medicine for the audio industry!!

-Ben
Only 1 feature is missing: AAF/OMF export.
(03-14-2015, 09:50 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Yes, Tracks is based on Ardour3; so you'll be able to use Tracks to record a live show, and then directly open the session (no conversion needed!) in Mixbus v3.

Combine this with RADAR hardware and you have a lot of different options that are optimized for their specific jobs, but are fully compatible with each other, and share the same development plans/goals. This is powerful medicine for the audio industry!!

-Ben

Really? I had no idea it was compatible with mixbus. That is fantastic news. I was plan on giving tracks live a try at church this weekend. But with this news I will absolutely use it. Talk about making life easier. Smile

Now if we only had Mixbus 3. Wink

And being that tracks live based on ardour. And waves own soundgrid system is running a linux based os (at least from my understanding), they should definitely make a linux version of tracks live.
(03-14-2015, 02:45 PM)Matt Wrote: And being that tracks live based on ardour. And waves own soundgrid system is running a linux based os (at least from my understanding), they should definitely make a linux version of tracks live.

Yeah let's dream on for a bit... Waves the first ones from the "conventional" world to compile their plugs for Linux, others follow...
Open formats for sessions, no vendor lock-in...
Controller surface formats open...
The one well known DAW vendor and the one fruity PC vendor don't dictate the market anymore...
Freedom to use what ever suits you...

Ok back to reality: Waves have developed a marketing tool.

MMM
I was just pointing out that it wouldn't be a huge undertaking for a linux version. And if someone could somehow convince them to make linux versions of their plugs..... Okay that's a huge dream. But it would be a true game changer.

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Wink
Well, if you make Windows VSTs it is asctually easy to compile Linux VSTs from the same source. The problem is, the vendor must *want* to do it! I could also imagine, that certain computer- and DAW vendor put pressure on plugin vendors *not* to supply for Linux.
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(03-14-2015, 02:45 PM)Matt Wrote:
(03-14-2015, 09:50 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Yes, Tracks is based on Ardour3; so you'll be able to use Tracks to record a live show, and then directly open the session (no conversion needed!) in Mixbus v3.

-Ben

Really? I had no idea it was compatible with mixbus. That is fantastic news. I was plan on giving tracks live a try at church this weekend. But with this news I will absolutely use it. Talk about making life easier. Smile

Now if we only had Mixbus 3. Wink

And being that tracks live based on ardour. And waves own soundgrid system is running a linux based os (at least from my understanding), they should definitely make a linux version of tracks live.

MH3 will be a killer app for sure. I'm actually testing Ardour 3.5 (nightly builds) with all my plugins (Waves, Slate Digital, IK multimedia T-Racks, Overtone, Eareckon, Tonebooster...) and it works FINE (GREAT) Tongue Only missing AAF/OMF import/export as already said(these features are very important in audio industry but even for home studio)
tried AA translator but had of lot of issues...

Tracks live for.. live
Mixbus Harrison 3 for recording and mixing MIDI/audio on studio