Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracks Live
Sorry Pascal, but when you stopped using Linux switching to Mac for audio it was something like in 2008. Using Linux to make audio is maybe still not as easy as with Win or Mac, but since 2008 a lot of things changed. For example distros like AVLinux and KXStudio are really efficients. You talk like if you know the current state of Linux audio, but actually i think you don't.
Happy to read that. ^^
But the last time used Linux for music it was... maybe 2 years ago Wink And I had the same issues with soundcards and plugins.
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/hardware_matrix You have to take one of these interface and most of them are Ancient ones. (Echo stopped firewire audiocards production)
Quote:Behringer F-Control Audio FCA202 Full Support
ECHO AudioFire 2 Full Support
ECHO AudioFire 4 Full Support
ECHO AudioFire 8 Full Support
ECHO AudioFire 12 Full Support
Edirol FA-101 Full Support
Edirol FA-66 Full Support
ESI Quatafire 610 Full Support
Focusrite Saffire Full Support
Focusrite Saffire LE Full Support
Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 I/O Full Support
Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 I/O Full Support
Mackie Onyx Mixer FireWire Option Full Support
RME Fireface 800 Full Support
RME Fireface 400 Full Support
Terratec Producer Phase 88 Rack FireWire Full Support
TerraTec Producer Phase24 Full Support
TerraTec Producer Phase X24 Full Support
TerraTec Producer MIC 2/MIC 8 FireWire Full Support

source Ffado.Confused
(03-14-2015, 02:39 AM)kmsaudio Wrote: A new free DAW for tracking/recording based on Ardour.......give a try

Checking it out !

What makes it specific for live work ?
After First impression, i would not call it Live, but Track Record.

No monitor busses etc.

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
[/quote]

Checking it out !

What makes it specific for live work ?
After First impression, i would not call it Live, but Track Record.

No monitor busses etc.

Frank
[/quote]

Frank

I think it just runs in conjunction with a live mixer. Just for recording… that's why there is no monitor busses. I would compare it to Capture software that runs along side Presonus Studio Live Mixers.
Tracks Live looks great and it's supported by an AAA company as Harrison. Ardour needs more and more funds, and technical and commercial support. It's an open window to Ardour and Mixbus Harrison for newcomers. But for Ardour's users, it's not really interesting. It's a very lite version of Ardour with a new design, no more no less.

Whatever, Musicians (pros and non pros) needs now a challenger to Protools. I mean a real challenger, supported by a great Cy. (Who cares seriously about an PT 12 First ? It's a toy. And PT cost a lot of money for less features than all DAWs have for years. ) Samplitude (I use Sampro since Sam6) is one of the best for audio BUT works only on Windows. Logic ProX is also a great DAW but only for Apple Macs. Ardour 3 was clearly unusable last year with a lot of bugs, crashes etc but when I take a look and try A3.5 I can say it's the past. Things changed a lot since few months. Ardour 3.5 is near to be one of the best Daw ever. Still missing some features (and packs, why not selling MH3 with additionnal packs ? sounds, synths, loops ?). Devs did a great job. Smile
In case you missed it pascal. Metric halo has announced a usb 3.0 upgrade card for all of their interfaces. While it hasn't been released. When it is, it will be linux compatible. And in my humble opinion they make probably the best interfaces available. So there will finally be a solid interface option for linux. Smile
Metric Halo for Linux ? waoow Tongue
(03-17-2015, 03:35 PM)PascalC Wrote: Metric Halo for Linux ? waoow Tongue

I know. Epic right??!?! And windows to boot. Definitely a new world for them.
We can download now the new version of Tracks live (22.03.2015) on waves official web. V1.0.0-2742 - March 22, 2015

" What's New
V1.0.0-2742 - March 22, 2015
Error initializing some audio devices issue fixed.

V1.0.0-2740 - March 9, 2015
Tracks Live released
"
http://www.waves.com/downloads/tracks-live
Hey thanks pascal. I was just about to look into that. If I can get it running on the Mac at the church I'll be halfway to getting rid of pro tools. The other half of for mixbus v3 to be released. Then I can track in waves live and mix in mixbus. It will be epic. Can't wait. Smile