Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DMG Limitless crashing projects on load
Hey all,

I wrote to Harrison support, but would like to see whether others have the same experience:

I'm currently demoing Mixbus 32C V.7 and am highly impressed. Unfortunately though, there's a bug: When I insert DMG Limitless as VST2 or VST3 [EDIT: VST2 actually works, only VST3 is affected] on any channel or bus, everything seems to work perfectly. However, when I save the project, close it and open it again, Mixbus silently crashes. I can only open it in "safe mode" (with ctrl pressed while opening), then delete Limitless, save, close and open again. But of course I've lost all my Limitless settings.

This happens on both my laptops with a virgin Mixbus 32C install. Limitless works flawlessly in any other DAW (just tested again with Reaper and Ableton).

I'm on Windows 10, with an RME Fireface UCX interface. I tried it both with 48khz and 96khz. Both systems are quite powerful (6 and 8 Core Intel/AMD, 32gb/16gb RAM etc.), have plenty of free disk space and are VERY stable otherwise.

Since this is happening on both my machines, I wonder whether others have the same experience? I do plan to purchase Mixbus 32C, but it is kind of a deal-breaker for me, since Limitless is my go-to mastering limiter.
I just downloaded their demo version and yes, I'm seeing the same problem here.

Interestingly... just once I saw a message saying that the Limitless plugin couldn't be found - and when that happened, the session then went on to open normally. So if you uninstall the Limitless plugin (or rename it temporarily) hopefully that might also allow you to open the session.

[Edit...] I just realised that it's only the VST3 version which crashes here - VST2 seems to be okay.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(03-28-2021, 08:58 AM)johne53 Wrote: I just downloaded their demo version and yes, I'm seeing the same problem here.

Interestingly... just once I saw a message saying that the Limitless plugin couldn't be found - and when that happened, the session then went on to open normally. So if you uninstall the Limitless plugin (or rename it temporarily) hopefully that might also allow you to open the session.

[Edit...] I just realised that it's only the VST3 version which crashes here - VST2 seems to be okay.

Oh, I just tried the VST2 again, and indeed it works! Must have accidentally added the VST3 before..?

So - it's still a bug, but that's a very decent workaround for now  Smile Thanks for taking the time to test it! (I also edited my original post above.)
Strictly speaking this is a bug in the plugin but it affects other plugins too - so a workaround has just been added in Ardour. Hopefully it'll be in the next release of Mixbus...  Thanks for flagging it up!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!