Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus32C v7 - Now Available!
The loss of my colors and the editor gradients is disappointing.
Great job Harrison.
Pyramix Pro / Mixbus 32C.
waiting for my Merging HAPI MKII for those virtual beauties now.
Mixbus 32C V10 Pro|Reaper 7|Ubuntu Studio 24.04|Mac os X|Merging HAPI MKII and Anubis|SSL Big Six| 01V96i|
@Clint: the removal of the "gradient" slider in the Appearance tab was an oversight... just a copy/paste error while moving all the buttons around on the Preferences panel. But I'm surprised that so many people like to adjust it! I guess we should hide each feature one-at-a-time and see which ones are noticed, and which ones aren't Smile
I also think that this is not a major release, but I just upgraded my license in order to support the development of a great product. I wish to see more fixes in the future, especially for the Linux platform Smile. I get a random crash on right-clicking tracks in the editor, since version 5 of Mixbus32C running on Linux Mint 20.1 (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS as base).
Audio Engineer @ Systeady Records
(03-26-2021, 12:47 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Clint:  the removal of the "gradient" slider in the Appearance tab was an oversight... just a copy/paste error while moving all the buttons around on the Preferences panel.  But I'm surprised that so many people like to adjust it!  I guess we should hide each feature one-at-a-time and see which ones are noticed, and which ones aren't  Smile

That would be a supreme way to test features, because as I severely proved, people are way quicker to complain than to praise!
I just like to have the colors and contrasts like I set them and not have to spend hours re-setting them, it's kinda like when someone comes in your kitchen and moves the silverware drawer and you can't find the cutting board because someone thought it would be improved somewhere else and guests are on their way!

Rolleyes

While you're in there, slap an "unspill" button someplace please, thanks!  (if only it were so easy!)
Hi, when to release a mixbus v7 version?( for my no interes version 32C v7 ) Thanks
Quote:Customized keybindings and theme colors are intentionally not carried forward between versions. You should write our support email if you need to convert those files from v6 to v7.... mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

So the good people @ Harrison think that customers customizing their keybindings and theme colors
do so just because they have too much time available or just like wasting time or...?

Or is it just a nice way of saying: Hey, we want your money now so you can finally use your waves plugins, but guess what,
if you still NEED Mixbus to look the way you want it to look and/or NEED it to function the way you want it to function you now will have to contact support first because we here @ Harrison can not be bothered because why should WE waste OUR precious time for the handful of people who think they NEED to customize their DAW - in the end it's their own fault, isn't it  ?

I have lost my settings twice last year while updating Mixbus because they were simply overwritten.
Interesting to read now that this is done "intentionally".

Well, thank you very much, Harrison !

Quote:Is there a tool tips to indicate what on the screen corresponds with the color in the preferences?  It's hard to know what I'm adjusting...

It is pretty obvious, that you have no idea what a time consuming and tedious process it is to customize your DAW.
Otherwise you wouldn't waste your customers time the way you do - or at least I do hope you wouldn't...

But regarding your lack of documentation and support concerning Midi Binding Maps I think this is just the way it is.
(03-26-2021, 09:48 PM)van Overhalen Wrote:
Quote:Customized keybindings and theme colors are intentionally not carried forward between versions. You should write our support email if you need to convert those files from v6 to v7.... mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

So the good people @ Harrison think that customers customizing their keybindings and theme colors
do so just because they have too much time available or just like wasting time or...?

Or is it just a nice way of saying: Hey, we want your money now so you can finally use your waves plugins, but guess what,
if you still NEED Mixbus to look the way you want it to look and/or NEED it to function the way you want it to function you now will have to contact support first because we here @ Harrison can not be bothered because why should WE waste OUR precious time for the handful of people who think they NEED to customize their DAW - in the end it's their own fault, isn't it  ?

I have lost my settings twice last year while updating Mixbus because they were simply overwritten.
Interesting to read now that this is done "intentionally".

Well, thank you very much, Harrison !

Quote:Is there a tool tips to indicate what on the screen corresponds with the color in the preferences?  It's hard to know what I'm adjusting...

It is pretty obvious, that you have no idea what a time consuming and tedious process it is to customize your DAW.
Otherwise you wouldn't waste your customers time the way you do - or at least I do hope you wouldn't...

But regarding your lack of documentation and support concerning Midi Binding Maps I think this is just the way it is.

I hope you are asking Microsoft/Apple the same questions.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(03-26-2021, 09:48 PM)van Overhalen Wrote: So the good people @ Harrison think that customers customizing their keybindings and theme colors

Perhaps I've not been exposed to a lot of DAW's, but in every other DAW I know the colour themes are Dark or Light or what you get.
The only other app I have that allows user modified key bindings is Izotope RX.
So I fail to understand just how bad Harrison are... at least they allow user modifications.

The email did say: You should write our support email if you need to convert those files from v6 to v7.... I don't know, there may be an engineering reason behind that decision.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
colors, sizes and plugin personal settings can be just overwritten (dragged into) the new wersion from the previous where your customized things wer set. SAppData/ local / mixbus. I always save the propersly working folder and simly overwtire the ne one after install
Keybindings cannot be done this way It has to be always new,y made. Sorry.
best
Tassy
win7/64
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,