Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus32C v7 - Now Available!
Is there a way to hide some of the input strips in Recorder page?

My Metric Halo interfaces ( 2 x ULN2) automatically create 18 inputs each in an aggregate set up, only 12 of which are actually physical inputs. Mixbus sees them all so I have 6 redundant (8 really as I don't use the SPDIF inputs) in the Recorder page.

I'll be upgrading to the 3 D card soon and will have all 24 ADAT inputs on the one interface, so I expect that'll show up differently, but for now - and for others using aggregate devices - it'd be good to know how customisable the Recorder page (should we be calling it TapeX - keep thinking Elon Musk will pop up...) is or will be.

Thanks
(03-25-2021, 01:31 PM)Scardanelli Wrote: Is there a way to hide some of the input strips in Recorder page?

My Metric Halo interfaces ( 2 x ULN2) automatically create 18 inputs each in an aggregate set up, only 12 of which are actually physical inputs. Mixbus sees them all so I have 6 redundant (8 really as I don't use the SPDIF inputs) in the Recorder page.

I'll be upgrading to the 3 D card soon and will have all 24 ADAT inputs on the one interface, so I expect that'll show up differently, but for now - and for others using aggregate devices - it'd be good to know how customisable the Recorder page (should we be calling it TapeX - keep thinking Elon Musk will pop up...) is or will be.

Thanks

(a) The short answer is no:  we don't provide a mechanism to hide some of the soundcard inputs.

(b) The medium answer is maybe:  we  "could" provide a mechanism to hide the extra inputs.  In my experience, this can cause more confusion than it's worth because:

© If you are talking about an Aggregate device on mac,  I think you can individually hide & show ports using the checkboxes in the Aggregate setup window.

-Ben
Thanks Ben - just looked at Audio Midi setup in OSX and I did not find a way to hide or disable inputs.

Googling suggested there are some codey type of solutions to this - way beyond my skills with Terminal so I guess I'll wait until I get my 3D card and then with luck, as it won't be an aggregate device, it'll show all the physical inputs correctly.
OK,  you're right.  You can 'label' the little boxes in the Aggregate setup, but you can't disable/hide them.
Hey everyone! 

I've updated Mixbus (not 32C) to the latest update Smile 
Thanks a lot to the Harrison team for the frequent updates! 

I'm still having an issue with PSP's InfiniStrip after many Mixbus updates though... (still blacklisted after many attempts / cache clearing / contacting support etc...)
Is there a new way to adjust the gradient in the editor?  I cannot find it.  Also, is there a way to transfer my color pallet from V6 to V7?  Is there a tool tips to indicate what on the screen corresponds with the color in the preferences?  It's hard to know what I'm adjusting amid the many scores of items, and the single thing I have been attempting to change, the color of the slider under the mixer and mixbus windows, seems to be the single thing that cannot be changed?s
Thank you for another fantastic upgrade and your commitment. Long live Mixbus!
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
(03-25-2021, 10:28 PM)Clint Wrote: Is there a new way to adjust the gradient in the editor?  I cannot find it.  Also, is there a way to transfer my color pallet from V6 to V7?  Is there a tool tips to indicate what on the screen corresponds with the color in the preferences?  It's hard to know what I'm adjusting amid the many scores of items, and the single thing I have been attempting to change, the color of the slider under the mixer and mixbus windows, seems to be the single thing that cannot be changed?s

At the very bottom of the upgrade notification email:

Customized keybindings and theme colors are intentionally not carried forward between versions. You should write our support email if you need to convert those files from v6 to v7.... mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-25-2021, 12:53 PM)Scardanelli Wrote: Is there a comprehensive breakdown of these new features as well as a proper updated manual Ben?

So I 'd say the upgrade price for Mixbus is very good value for money. You can spend a lot more than that on a plugin that you'd forget you owned and use twice a year....

I would be interested in seeing that list as well, but thinking it might not be ready yet, being how new the update is.

As for the price of the update, Im not disputing the value of this. Its a good price in comparison to other Daws.
What gets me the most is the fact that I have to pay to get the fix for Waves plugins. It is simply not warranted imo. 
Such important fix should not have to be paid for (hence the "money grab" comment made earlier) 
The TapeX does nothing for me, but thats just a matter of needs and wishes, which differ of course.
As for my own wants in this otherwise beautiful DAW, I guess I have to wait a bit longer. V7 does not fulfill any of those.
Definitely the number 7 went wasted. Now they'll have to create hype for something like 7.1 or maybe switch to a yearly number like the Samsung Galaxy phones, S21.