Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus32C v7 - Now Available!
(03-30-2021, 06:17 AM)sunrat Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 03:49 AM)Bejcon Wrote: Personally, I wouldn’t presume to tell other people how to express their frustrations.

I'm frustrated by people writing unconstructive posts which are never going to solve their problems. You seem to be telling me how to express my frustrations. Big Grin 
The main point of my post was the last half anyway, helpful and logical suggestions for smooth problem resolution.

How am I telling you how to express your frustrations?  
I merely said not everybody views it as whining, and asked if you considered that.
I wasn’t telling you anything. 
Besides, most people here whine about a product. You whine about people. Slight difference, no?

Also, who ever said a critical post had to be constructive? Sure, it would probably give you better help in the forum, but criticism and problem descriptions come in all forms, and if you understand the underlying core of what the whiner is talking about, it doesn’t really matter how he/she expresses that, does it?

I’d like to turn things around a little. Instead of demanding from people that they stop whining and start expressing themselves correctly, why don’t we all just try a little harder to understand each other in stead of judging?
Quote:- Completely separate main window (like Mixer and Editor) for busses, with easy overall change of background color.

This is interesting. + 1 vote.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
(03-30-2021, 02:26 PM)Andy76 Wrote:
Quote:- Completely separate main window (like Mixer and Editor) for busses, with easy overall change of background color.

This is interesting. + 1 vote.

Imo this would defeat the purpose of Mixbus.  Who needs another Windows?
I would rather they went back to where the most right bus was glued to the master track. 
I find it easy enough to hide/show them all with a key command, like B.
(03-29-2021, 04:25 PM)sunrat Wrote: There should be a special subforum for posts where people just like to whine about their problems and attack those to whom they attribute their problems rather than actually posting details and logs which may help to overcome said problems.
Today there are 7,306 members registered. About 7 of those currently like to just whine about things rather than try to fix them or understand why they can't be fixed in exactly the way they demand; that's ~0.001% of members.

Ask intelligent questions, be polite, explain your problem succinctly. You will find an answer or workaround. Submit an actual bug report if the forum doesn't come up with a solution.
You can catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.

+1
Yes, we need people like sunrat, not ones that mess up a helpful community.
We are here to help each other not fighting.
We have enough to fight in this present world already
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
That would be fine if Harrison/Ardour actually actioned many suggestions from their pro userbase. I have seen several of my suggestions already be implemented in
MB, but without any reference to me from anyone @ Harrison central. It's difficult to feel connected to a project without good communication. Sunrat - forums are for disscussion. You determine if you don't like the subject, but we're allowed to talk about it. If you don't like, don't read it. We're going to keep saying it, because it's actually true. On Win 10 if you push this code it falls over in any number of quite silly ways. It shouldn't, but it does. V7 seems a bit better I will say so far. Here's hoping.

g
(03-29-2021, 10:57 PM)Mixatorium Wrote: Word.

I'm starting to get the sour taste of Cubase chaotization. 

Good one !  Big Grin
This reminds me of Steinberg, too.

Today Harrison send me an e-mail.
It reads:
Mixbus32C v7 - Upgrade Price - Final Notice !  (Wow, final notice !)
Upgrade your software to V7-only 79$            (Yessir !)
You are receiving this email because you purchased a prior version of Harrison's Mixbus32C. (Aha !)
You are unsubscribed from our promotional email list, so this is the last upgrade notification you will receive. (LOL !)

Sorry, I just had to laugh, this strikes me as incredibly funny...this guys have a great sense of humor.

Another thing that shows the Harrison way of thinking:
I guess most people all over the world would agree that a device is switched "on" when it's light is "on", right ?
No light, the device is off.
Now in Mixbus when you have a plugin switched on the light in the mixer strip for this plugin is on.
In the plugin window the light is off.
Now when you toggle the plugin off the light in the mixer strip turns off, too.
In the plugin window however it turns on.
Interesting concept.
Helpful ?
Yeah, for sure !

And now for something completely different.

Some people in this forum seem to think they are in the majority and therefore right.
Furthermore they think they can use certain words and interpretations which they feel describe the behavior of a so called minority in this forum accurately.
IMHO it is rather unlikely that fanboyish toadying will make the product better and therefore more popular
which might be mighty good for Harrison in the long run.
(03-30-2021, 03:38 PM)Tassy Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 04:25 PM)sunrat Wrote: There should be a special subforum for posts where people just like to whine about their problems and attack those to whom they attribute their problems rather than actually posting details and logs which may help to overcome said problems.
Today there are 7,306 members registered. About 7 of those currently like to just whine about things rather than try to fix them or understand why they can't be fixed in exactly the way they demand; that's ~0.001% of members.

Ask intelligent questions, be polite, explain your problem succinctly. You will find an answer or workaround. Submit an actual bug report if the forum doesn't come up with a solution.
You can catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.

+1
Yes, we need people like sunrat, not ones that mess up a helpful community.
We are here to help each other not fighting.
We have enough to fight in this present world already
Tassy

I’d say we need all kinds of people, and all kinds of minds and ideas. No matter how they are expressed.
The problem is not the “whiner”. The problem is intolerance to different thinking and expression.
Group think never took anything anywhere. The greatest ideas come from those that think different.
Now, to get back to topic.

I just couldn’t help myself. Had to pull the trigger on v7.
If for nothing else, just to see what Harrison didn’t tell me.

The first thing I noticed was that I can view sends and EQ simultaneously on lower screen resolution.
That alone was worth part of the update cost.

But I have to say that the graphics on the TapeX is just aweful, and I didn’t look thoroughly yet, but it seems I cannot hide inputs I don’t use? So, it gets messy in a hurry. Maybe fixed in 7.1?
(03-31-2021, 01:38 AM)Bejcon Wrote: Now, to get back to topic.

I just couldn’t help myself. Had to pull the trigger on v7.
If for nothing else, just to see what Harrison didn’t tell me.

The first thing I noticed was that I can view sends and EQ simultaneously on lower screen resolution.
That alone was worth part of the update cost. 

But I have to say that the graphics on the TapeX is just aweful, and I didn’t look thoroughly yet, but it seems I cannot hide inputs I don’t use? So, it gets messy in a hurry. Maybe fixed in 7.1?
Show / Hide Input ports is currently not available, but take the time to try the Record page out. 
There are some great features in what looks like a simple UI at first.
Check the input metering, easy add track to this port with +, naming Inputs (carries over to new sessions) etc...
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-31-2021, 01:38 AM)Bejcon Wrote: The first thing I noticed was that I can view sends and EQ simultaneously on lower screen resolution.

That sounds like great news, but I can't figure out how you do it.
Preferences still says "requires 1200 pixels height", and I'm not able to get them both at the same time (on my 1920x1080 display).
Did you do a magic trick?