Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mid/side mixing?
okay it works fine, thank you everybody. I was focused on the mixer window, turns out the problem was the copied region snapped to god-knows-what and was unaligned by .02 seconds.
how do you guys use copy/paste in Mixbus? Regardless of where the playhead is placed, the region always seems to paste to the Start of the session and then has to be dragged over to where I want it.
(07-08-2022, 03:29 PM)drsaamah Wrote: okay it works fine, thank you everybody.  I was focused on the mixer window, turns out the problem was the copied region snapped to god-knows-what and was unaligned by .02 seconds.
how do you guys use copy/paste in Mixbus?  Regardless of where the playhead is placed, the region always seems to paste to the Start of the session and then has to be dragged over to where I want it.

hmmmm,
Seems like someone mentioned this to you earlier...Smile

jeff_sloan Wrote: Wrote:I am interested and will try this myself once I get back to the studio.

Have you made sure that the track's transients line up PERFECTLY?
May have to fix some timing?

yes yes. i appreciate the thoroughness but mid/side mixing is not something I am new to. i have triple and quadruple checked my implentation.  Works fine in Ardour not in Mixbus.
you absolutely did. its definitely my fault. with that said, I have never had to open the properties of a region in ardour to make sure the position of two regions was identical. copy and paste should be the easiest thing to do in the editor.
(07-08-2022, 03:29 PM)drsaamah Wrote: how do you guys use copy/paste in Mixbus? 

I normally duplicate the track I want to copy.

Or... Edit Mode set to Lock, grab a region + CONTROL drag to another track or to the area under the Master fader which will create a new track and drop copy in place....

Or ...Edit point set to Playhead not Mouse.
Use CONTROL+SHIFT+Left OR right Arrow to skip the playhead to the top of the region to be copied.
Grab tool to highlight the region, copy...
Select the track header of the track you want to paste to and paste.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
@Dingo bless you. that Ctrl+drag is the way to go! No more stupid alignment problems for me Smile