Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(04-12-2023, 08:36 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2023, 06:35 AM)Rodi Wrote: [ -> ]I am hoping for some new hardware that peeps can afford Smile

Hmmmm SSL are not known for moderately priced hardware  Big Grin

MMM

Well, I have a SSL 12 at hand’s reach right now and it was pretty moderately priced when I bought it just a few months ago...

(There’s a problem with the SSL 360 software, though: as long if you don’t open Sonarworks SoundID Reference, everything works fine. If you do, SSL 360 freezes thereafter to ”Initialising... please wait”. So far, only remedy I’ve found is to uninstall and reinstall SSL 360.)
To be honest, what I fear is that hardware gets all the focus.
Two solid hardware companies doing what everyone knows they can.
But I don't need hardware. I'm here for the software, for the decades of hardware experience coming into my laptop as software, and I can bring it wherever I want.

I also fear iLok solutions. And subscription solutions. And Linux support losing its priority.

What I hope for, on the other hand, is more resources for more great integrated tools and plugins, more resources for making our beloved Mixbus 32C a rock solid DAW with a sound that blows everything else away.
I really hope it gets more priority, not less.
(04-13-2023, 02:59 AM)krans Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, what I fear is that hardware gets all the focus.
Two solid hardware companies doing what everyone knows they can.
But I don't need hardware. I'm here for the software, for the decades of hardware experience coming into my laptop as software, and I can bring it wherever I want.

I also fear iLok solutions. And subscription solutions. And Linux support losing its priority.

What I hope for, on the other hand, is more resources for more great integrated tools and plugins, more resources for making our beloved Mixbus 32C a rock solid DAW with a sound that blows everything else away.
I really hope it gets more priority, not less.

iLok, I wonder why anyone wants to use it. The whole system is from the devil. There is a third party between the parties (Supplier and customer) who, with his devilish agenda, will bill you if the stick breaks and you want to use your license. Would you give your car keys to a nasty neighbor because he has a special key cabinet?

I also want the licensing to remain unchanged and the pricing of updates as well. Otherwise, I feel like I've been the victim of a screw-up. I know Harrison wouldn't do that, but what is the SSL policy. Are they soldiers of light or of darkness?
Will be paying keen attention to what comes of this combination of industry titans.

Mixbus is pretty much my main DAW these days, so I'm pretty excited about the possibilities.
partnership with Icon done?
@whiskeynipple0088:  definitely not dead  Smile  Here's a pic from the NAMM floor:

[Image: 32Ci-namm-2023.jpg]

...more details coming soon.
(04-13-2023, 01:28 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]@whiskeynipple0088:  definitely not dead  Smile  Here's a pic from the NAMM floor:

32Ci ?!  Wow, that pic is what I call an answer!. So how many kidneys do I have to sell in order to get my hands on one?  :-)
(04-13-2023, 01:28 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]@whiskeynipple0088:  definitely not dead  Smile  Here's a pic from the NAMM floor:

[Image: 32Ci-namm-2023.jpg]

That looks neat! can't wait to see it published Smile 
any hints whether, will it be 'standalone', or its functionality will depend on other icon/other product? as an upgrade/add-on?
@dspasic:  moving the iCon+Harrison 32Ci to a new thread ....  https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-11318.html
(04-13-2023, 01:53 PM)Jostein Wrote: [ -> ]32Ci ?!  Wow, that pic is what I call an answer!. 
right! Ill just sit down now.... hahaha
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8