Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(04-13-2023, 01:53 PM)Jostein Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2023, 01:28 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]@whiskeynipple0088:  definitely not dead  Smile  Here's a pic from the NAMM floor:

...more details coming soon.

32Ci ?!  Wow, that pic is what I call an answer!. So how many kidneys do I have to sell in order to get my hands on one?  :-)

Four. That means you're screwed.
This is seriously awesome news for sure. I was very excited to see that SSL got involved. I use the SSL Native EQ on every mix. For years I was using the Harrison 32C EQ from UAD. I keep supporting every version of MixBus 32C even though I'm not yet using it in production. With version I'm finally starting to seriously look at it though. My mainstay for years has been Pro Tools. At some point I will fully make the jump to MB32C. Just have to hit a spot in my studio's workflow where I can make the transition.

The Harrison 32C console and the SSL 4000 E/G are my two favorite consoles. So, what a great situation this is.
(04-17-2023, 01:26 AM)audiosway Wrote: [ -> ]This is seriously awesome news for sure. I was very excited to see that SSL got involved. I use the SSL Native EQ on every mix. For years I was using the Harrison 32C EQ from UAD. I keep supporting every version of MixBus 32C even though I'm not yet using it in production. With version I'm finally starting to seriously look at it though. My mainstay for years has been Pro Tools. At some point I will fully make the jump to MB32C. Just have to hit a spot in my studio's workflow where I can make the transition.

The Harrison 32C console and the SSL 4000 E/G are my two favorite consoles. So, what a great situation this is.

imagine a world where Mixbus is the substrate and you can chose between SSL or Harrison 32C console components in each individual channel strip/busses/master/monitor.....
......where the UC1 works natively with Harrison channel strip components....
(04-16-2023, 02:12 AM)Stephane Morisse Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2023, 01:53 PM)Jostein Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2023, 01:28 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]@whiskeynipple0088:  definitely not dead  Smile  Here's a pic from the NAMM floor:

...more details coming soon.

32Ci ?!  Wow, that pic is what I call an answer!. So how many kidneys do I have to sell in order to get my hands on one?  :-)

Four. That means you're screwed.

As long as it is not four of your own it is a solvable problem… Wink
Yay, this has great possibilities!  I'm impressed with MixBus v 9, and am getting more familiar with each session.  A great combo of technology and support!
Could we "please" just get a good working profile for MixBus in the SSL 360 software for UF8?  I thought this would be a no brainer easy add following the merger, but just updated the SSL 360 software to the latest version and still nothing.  Please!!!!!!
(06-15-2023, 04:38 PM)nmdpa3 Wrote: [ -> ]Could we "please" just get a good working profile for MixBus in the SSL 360 software for UF8?  I thought this would be a no brainer easy add following the merger, but just updated the SSL 360 software to the latest version and still nothing.  Please!!!!!!

If they do anything, it will probably end up being a proprietary control format that can fully leverage what the UF8 can do, not just another profile for the ancient MCU protocol.
(06-15-2023, 04:38 PM)nmdpa3 Wrote: [ -> ]Could we "please" just get a good working profile for MixBus in the SSL 360 software for UF8?  I thought this would be a no brainer easy add following the merger, but just updated the SSL 360 software to the latest version and still nothing.  Please!!!!!!

patience my friend.  Smile
I dont know,
From what I read Mixbus was sold, and SSL now owns it.
So I dont feel comfortable that Mixbus will be useful for us Linux Audio Producers in the future.
My Linux audio setup is just so fantastic and solid as the rock of Gibraltar, and something i could never achieve with windo$e.

What makes Mixbus great for me, is that i could never achieve ~2ms Latency with no x-runs on any other DSP desk, and the best I got on windows was 8ms. I have realtime monitoring which is sooooo useful for run-ups and rehearsal and to hear interactions realtime on takes when recording. I recently bought more Motu gear as Motu had some good arguments  why I could get to sub 1ms with some of their new gear. That would put 2ms at Nyquist, which would be phenominal.

Then the devotion that Harrison had to Linux, was just absolutely a heavensent.
That is why I bought it and supported it.

Now I dont know anymore.
If Harrison was still at least in control of something it would be fine, but since it seems they are sold to SSL, eventually the great Mixbus environment, and therefore the Mixbus Legacy, will likely phase into something perpetually dumb as it usually does with a takeover.

Harrison was such an epic name in the industry and the Linux support was a heavensent.
Sad to see it sold off to the Windi$h world.
No good ever comes out of Wind$sh.

I honestly dont know who this is good news for. For me it is definitely not, but I understand business pressures and the consequences thereof.
No hard feeling toward the Harrison's, but I sure hope they have clauses in the contract to guarantee the legacy of Harrison. If not, that would be a brutal fail.
SSL is WIN only ?

Klaus
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8