Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v6.2.200 Update now available (now 6.2.407)
(02-25-2021, 03:39 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: When you 'touch' a knob or slider with the mouse, its automation lane can be immediately displayed in the editor so you can draw an automation.  Enable this option from the main menu, "Edit->Show Automation Lane On Touch"

I think this is an absolute gem of a feature!

Yet I just want to report that it for some reason doesn't work with Calf plugins (in Linux).
Works perfectly with everything else I've tried.
Fantastic update! The automation addition is a real bonus - much like what I'm used to in Studio One and that is a real time saver!

Couple of early observations / questions:

Faderport still needs to be instantiated when opening project in which it was already actioned.

After MP3 export I notice a "tagging" dialogue briefly as the yellow band moves left and right for a second or two - is this a new feature and what is it adding tag wise?

Automation - right clicking on pan pot for example opens the automation lane. Subsequent right-clicking on say an EQ pot, replaces the pan pot automation lane - or at least it appears to. If I write some automation first this seems to be kept, then right-clicking on another parameter appears to change that lane to said parameter, but clicking "show existing automation" confirms that written pan pot is there.

Just a little confused about the way this is working under the hood -

A suggestion - instead of opening the lane set to manual - would it not make more sense that the lane is automatically in Touch or Write mode? After all, no reason to open the lane unless intending to write some auto...and that way one can move on to another parameter immediately with no break.

But this is going to be a fabulous workflow improvement, thanks team!
Great update. Thank you.
Automation lane by touch is really time saving.
It seems to work on most parameters, but not for fader and pan. At least on my system (MacOS Mojave). Bug or something on my system?
The other thing I noticed: After the update changing a parameter with the scroll wheel is somehow jumpy. One small move and the fader jumps down 6 dB. I'm still investigating ... Any ideas?
Johannes
I would prefer the automation line be shown all along the track without touching.
Automation makes drastic changes on the sound/plugin parameters etc.. so better to see what, where and how much change has been made.
See the line/changes at the first glance without additional anything is the practical uses of automation
Thanks
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Vastly faster to edit gain by drawing now!
Thanks for fixing something that I did not realize was broken until now!
So much better, it's made editing all day nearly fun!
Thanks for the nice comments!

We've also added an option that will leave lanes open&visible if you've drawn any lines ... rather than auto-hiding them when a new lane is selected. We haven't set a release date for a package with that feature, but it's ready to go in the next update.

-Ben
Hey,

I'm checking out the new automation lines feature, which I think is great. However, when I touch the fader, it's not making an automation line for that control. Should it be doing this?

Thanks,

Donny
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
@doncongola: thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've added faders (and trims) to the items that can pop open the automation line. It'll be available in a future update.
Hey Ben, I love mixbus for my production work, but now figured out, that the build in click spills to any recorded track (even with Instruments, that just go DI into the interface). The Error is even in the newest patch and you can listen to it, when doing highgain stuff (e.g. Ampsimulation for metal sounds and so on, but also when pushing trim knob to max). Perhaps fixing this could be on the list for next patch Wink
Best
Arne
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(03-16-2021, 03:45 AM)arthie Wrote: Hey Ben, I love mixbus for my production work, but now figured out, that the build in click spills to any recorded track (even with Instruments, that just go DI into the interface). The Error is even in the newest patch and you can listen to it, when doing highgain stuff (e.g. Ampsimulation for metal sounds and so on, but also when pushing trim knob to max). Perhaps fixing this could be on the list for next patch Wink
Best
Arne