Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v6.2.200 Update now available (now 6.2.407)
@Scardanelli, @JoeW: you can write our support email to get an updated package that fixes the Faderport issue.
Smile 
(02-18-2021, 09:14 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Scardanelli,  @JoeW:  you can write our support email to get an updated package that fixes the Faderport issue.

Thanks, Ben
Just got a new Faderport. Only some buttons work and Mixbus keeps crashing.
The Faderport wants to be set up for one of five different DAWs at power up. Which one is configured the same as Mixbus? Three are MCU, Logic, Live and Cubase.
@JB Berg: you should use the Presonus Studio One mode, for Mixbus. They shared the protocol to us so we can operate all the features as they are labeled on the device.

Please note that 6.2.270 has a known bug with the faderport devices. We are working to fix it and publish an update soon.
I'm having some issues since the update. I'm using a bus-powered interface, a Focusrite, and all my inputs get reset if I go to sleep. This creates gltchy behavior on my buses, maybe some sort of latency compensation error from the sound of things. I'm still trying to understand the issue, which seems to resolve if I disconnect and reset the routing, but I didn't notice this until the most recent update.
I put the computer to sleep quite a lot, this will be a hassle if it continues.
Is is pretty much universally considered "best practice" to disable sleep mode on your DAW computer because of just that type of issue. Every single performance/setup guide will tell you to do that.
i5-8400 - 16GB - Big SSD & HD - Win10 Pro - Mixbus - Studio One
UAD Apollo Quad Firewire - Quad FW satellite - PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8 - Console 1
Lots of guitars - I build all my own tube amps

A computer tech for UPS once told me " Never let your computer go to sleep because when it wakes up it doesn't know why."
Computers do not need to sleep.
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
Mixbus and Mixbus32C  version 6.2.407 are now available at our store.

You can download it from our Software Downloads page

Changes from 6.2.270 to 6.2.407:
  • When you 'touch' a knob or slider with the mouse, its automation lane can be immediately displayed in the editor so you can draw an automation.  Enable this option from the main menu, "Edit->Show Automation Lane On Touch"
  • Soundcard dropouts (xruns) are now stored in the Source-file.  The location is marked in the audio region, and moves with the region.  (xrun markers in the ruler are now disabled by default)
  • Added MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard) to ACE fluidsynth, to allow alternate tunings
  • Added an example Lua script to send 12TET tuning as MTS messages to any instrument that supports MTS
  • Clicking in an automation track in Object (Grab) mode should also create a point, just like in "internal Edit' mode
  • Clearing note selection (ESC) in internal edit should also deselect the region
  • When selecting a MIDI note, deselect other objects
  • Fix drawing glitch in the automation lane for "toggled" parameters
  • Several graphical improvements to the grid/rulers:
     Show more ruler lines (with user-configurable granularity in Preferences->Editor->Snap)
     Fixed snapping to odd time signatures 3,5,7
  • Fixed Presonus Faderport connection issue
  • You can now Close and Save a session when the audio engine is Stopped
  • Fixed occasional blurry text in buttons
  • Fixed an occasional crash when adding an AU instrument to a track
(02-25-2021, 03:39 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Changes from 6.2.270 to 6.2.407:
  • When you 'touch' a knob or slider with the mouse, its automation lane can be immediately displayed in the editor so you can draw an automation.  Enable this option from the main menu, "Edit->Show Automation Lane On Touch"
Wow, thank you Ben and the rest of the team for listening, this sounds great! 
any info about improving pitch modulation value (example, instead of 81xy, can we have semitones displayed or some alternative instead doing math?) Thank you once again!
What a great update this is!
That automation lane by touch will be a real timesaver for me.
Thank you so much!