Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C; v6.1.22 Update now available
Tried downloading the current demo (I'm using Mixbus32C for years now), even with an all-permissive chromium browser, and no download is being made. And no errors reported.

The link is: https://harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus32c.html

No nothing. No download. Is the release put on hold for bug fixing/update ?

Thanks.

UPDATE: OK, the web page has a large 'download' button but, the download link is actually sent by email. No mention of this on the main web page. The clear impression given is that there's a 'Download' button. It's mentioned later on, using a small font in italics.
(08-21-2020, 10:35 AM)jonetsu Wrote: UPDATE: OK, the web page has a large 'download' button but, the download link is actually sent by email. No mention of this on the main web page. The clear impression given is that there's a 'Download' button. It's mentioned later on, using a small font in italics.

Yeah, while verification is normal, the info that the link is sent to the mailbox should be bigger.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Hey all,

First of all, great work to all involved in developing this awesome piece of software. I've been using it for about 6-9 months and am only just scratching the surface.
I'm currently sitting on the latest revision of 32c v5, and will be upgrading to v6 shortly. I am on a limited budget however so I'm having to choose which aspects of my studio I invest in slowly. For the most part v5 does everything I need it to, though there are a couple of issues which, if they've been addressed in v6, would make it a no-brainer for me to upgrade sooner rather than later. Both of them have to do with VST support- at this point in time I can't get a few of my VSTi's to show up despite them being compatible in theory- they would be AIR's Vacuum Pro and Hybrid.

I also have massive issues with iZotope's plugins, particularly Neutron Elements, which crashes MB32c reliably if I switch between Neutron and XT-ME. This is a pain in the arse as they work beautifully together, though I've stopped using the combination as it forces me to make an adjustment, save the project, switch plugins, wait for Mixbus to crash, open it up, make an adjustment... and so on and so forth.

Has there been significant work done on VST compatibility between v5 and 6? I understand it's a mammoth task and has a lot to do with the plugin developers themselves more than the Harrison/Ardour team, but if there's a chance I might be able to fully integrate the iZotope plugins in particular (my music production can take a back seat to the more immediate work of engineering for clients,) through a cheeky upgrade it would pay for itself in a week through time saved and quality of output.

Overall, I'm stoked with the results I get out of Mixbus32c, people who have received work from me are stoked with the results, the advanced analysis functions were a very happy surprise and I'm happy to have jumped on board with this as it just works for me in a way that no other DAW has. It'll take a while to get used to the new skin (is there a v5 skin? I must admit, the moody aesthetic really does it for me, though I might just have to jump in and make my own and put that out there Smile) but overall I'm looking forward to the upgrade. Just need a bit of a push I guess!
Hi All.
I had a computer crash which destroyed 2 drives on my computer. I have it back now from the shop, but now I need the instalation update for mixbus 6.1.22. Not 32c. I hope that you can help me with this. My e-mail is [removed by admin].
Thank You very much.

Danny Miller
Just download the demo from https://harrisonconsoles.com/site/softwa...loads.html and add your licence file to the correct location and it will detect it so you have the full version. Surely you have your licence file backed up somewhere safe.
And I advise you to edit your post and remove your email address - you should never post that on a public forum.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

WOW - THAT IS THE WORST WEBSITE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE... the links from the actual program "click here" DO NOT WORK AT ALL IN CHROME "W-T_F"??
they only HALF work in Edge browser... whihc gets me to an email page that CRASHES when I try to enter the data ( and incidentally will not take anything but a USA zip code!)
((AND STILL DOESNT WORK))

I have spent a LOT OF MONEY on MULTIPLE COPIES OF MIXBUS AND ALL THE PLUGINS - I don't expect such a garbage website when I am offered an upgrade...

"UNBELIEVABLE"

this page https://harrisonconsoles.com/site/softwa...loads.html doesnt work at all when you click in Chrome on any download button.

in FIREFOX, it gets me the email popup, whihc responds "Invalid or missing Zip/Postal code. Please select the payment method to try again.' WHEN I ENTER A REAL MANHATTAN ZIP CODE.

HOW ABOUT FIRING THE ENTIRE WEB TEAM FROM THE TOP DOWN?? You call yourself a SOFTWARE COMPANY??? I've never run into such a huge waste of time ( not to mention IRRITATION) in thirty years of internet

2nd try, the zip code error goes away, and there is a spinner, then NOTHING. No "Check your email for a download link"...

"UNBELIEVABLE"

OK, after MUCH fussing around I finally got it to acknowledge sending a link, in Opera. And only then when i changed the "detected" country from Canada ( where I am) - to USA - and entered a USA zip code.
Apparently "Web Team" over there never really tested the 'zip code" function to let it accept canadian postal codes from Canada...

IS THERE NO SHAME in your organization? NOT EVEN A LITTLE??
(10-14-2020, 01:26 AM)rockandroller Wrote: WOW - THAT IS THE WORST WEBSITE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE... the

HOW ABOUT FIRING THE ENTIRE WEB TEAM FROM THE TOP DOWN?? You call yourself a SOFTWARE COMPANY??? I've never run into such a huge waste of time ( not to mention IRRITATION) in thirty years of internet

IS THERE NO SHAME in your organization? NOT EVEN A LITTLE??

Speaking about shame related to what's on the web, do you have shame? Just a little bit? It's quite some newbie bashing here for one that has been on the 'Net for thirty years in my opinion.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
I don't recall ever seeing another post about problems just downloading Mixbus. It's always been a simple, straightforward process for me. If it was common, I'm sure at least a few of the many thousands of users may have mentioned it. All the huffing and puffing, shouting, WTFs and UNBELIEVABLEs just diminish your credibility and the likelihood another one of us mere users will have any sympathy.
If you have a legitimate grievance I suggest you gather your thoughts, lose the attitude, and place the facts of the problem in a polite email to Mixbus support.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Question 
Hi Ben, when I try to fill out the download form for the upgraded Mixbus it won't take my Canadian zip code (postal code) It doesnt take letters such as V7T1P6 in a postal code. Help please.

Doug

(07-23-2020, 07:45 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: We have published a new version of Mixbus32C, v6.1.22, with several improvements!

This software update is free for both "Demo" and "Licensed" users of Mixbus and Mixbus32C.

To download the latest software, please visit the appropriate product page, and click "Download":

* Mixbus

* Mixbus32C

V6.1.14 (this version was available on the store for a short time)
  • XT-TP would not accept the license text when pasted into the plugin window. This has been fixed
  • Fixed an occasional crash when showing the a-EQ plugin GUI
  • When manually "punching-in" tracks on a large session, there could be a delay from the time that you armed the master record button until Mixbus actually started recording. This has been fixed.
  • The import of MIDI files has been dramatically improved. Huge files with millions of notes and hundreds of tempo changes reduced importing time from 5 minutes to 20 seconds.

v6.1.22
  • Fixed a crash in Toontrack EZDrummer, maybe other plugins (Mac only)
  • Fixed an intermittent failure to export (“cannot prepare transport for exporting”), and reduced the time needed to locate the playhead, for sessions with a lot of automation points.
(10-14-2020, 06:43 PM)Doug B Wrote: Hi Ben, when I try to fill out the download form for the upgraded Mixbus it won't take my Canadian zip code (postal code) It doesnt take letters such as V7T1P6 in a postal code. Help please.

Doug
For fast resolution of your issue you should email mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com . This is a user forum and not constantly monitored by Mixbus staff.

And congratulations on asking politely. Nice questions get nice answers. WinkCool