Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C; v6.1.22 Update now available
(08-06-2020, 12:51 AM)fmiller Wrote: Hi,
I think I got the same issue.
Snare sent to a drum bus. When soloing this bus, I could ear snare + guitar whereas the "Spill" button confirmed that only snare was assigned. No "Master" or any send engaged on guitars.
I solved the issue by clicking randomly on "Isolated" or "Soloing" buttons on the monitor section...

@parabellumartstudio and @fmiller it seems as though you have solo isolated a track by mistake.
Have a look at the Solo Isolate section of the manual.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(08-06-2020, 02:40 AM)Dingo Wrote:
Snare sent to a drum bus. When soloing this bus, I could ear snare + guitar whereas the "Spill" button confirmed that only snare was assigned. No "Master" or any send engaged on guitars.
I solved the issue by clicking randomly on "Isolated" or "Soloing" buttons on the monitor section...

@parabellumartstudio and @fmiller it seems as though you have solo isolated a track by mistake.

I was rather confused by the solo options when first using MB. Couldn't work out why effects/busses would be soloed along with a channel. Turned out that's what SIP (Solo In Place) does. To hear just the channel you need to switch to PFL/AFL. Only applies if you use Monitor section.
I'm as bad as anyone when it comes to reading the manual as a last resort, but the extensive Mixbus manual is well worth consulting first.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(08-06-2020, 02:40 AM)Dingo Wrote:

Yes, I'll have a look at the manual, but I'm pretty sure that during my issue the blue "Isolated" button was not blinking as it does when one of the tracks is Solo isolated.
Anyway, I got the problem only one time. It must be my bad.
Got this in the email TODAY. Aug 11/2020
Install works perfectly! No bumps or bruises! LOL

Dingo edited to remove server links

Note: Although Mixbus32C can open prior Mixbus sessions, we highly encourage you to finish old projects using the version of Mixbus that you started them in.

Thanks for your interest in Mixbus32C!

We are committed to providing a great experience for all of our users! You can ask questions about Mixbus at our User Forum, or through our support email address (mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com).

Connect with us online through popular social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube) to stay up-to-date on the latest Mixbus developments."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
I compared the drums to the grid using the Rhythm Ferret function and now I'm trying to combine the regions. After calling the Combine function, the Mixbus falls to the desktop.

Edit: So I figured it out. The tracks must be combined one after the other, each separately. A little tedious ...

Mixbus/Mixbus32C v6, UA Apollo Twin MkII, Faderport 8, Win10x64, i5-6300HQ, 16 GB RAM, BM6A, NS-10M...
JiRir! Yes!
Some months ago I reported that bug myself.
Also, at least in my computer, once I start working on a full song making the separations of about 10 drum tracks, the first section of the song lets say works ok...
But once I move forward with other sections making of course the whole project with a lot of regions I get a reeeeallly slaggy almost unusable system...
Every youtube video tutorial of R. Ferret shows of course how to use it in small sections...
Harrysin replied that the couldnt reproduce the issues in their computers but your post proves my point...
The combine issue is tedious yes and is funnt because at least I see how the system becomes more operational once Im combining the last 3 or 4 tracks. So has to be the code and how handles I dont know, memory, resources, Im not sure...
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
And that's not all. After performing Combine, waves draw error curves at different magnifications. It is still the same place in the arrangement. Sound is everything is fine. I deleted the "peak" folder to recreate the waveforms, but the bug still appears in many places.

Mixbus/Mixbus32C v6, UA Apollo Twin MkII, Faderport 8, Win10x64, i5-6300HQ, 16 GB RAM, BM6A, NS-10M...
But you zoom in and you start to see it correctly?
It happens to me as well.
I started with V6 and it persist apparently.
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
(08-15-2020, 07:23 AM)Pi_K Wrote: But you zoom in and you start to see it correctly?
It happens to me as well.
I started with V6 and it persist apparently.

It's only right in the first picture. All other images show an error when magnified.
And yes, with the track zoomed in vertically, it's correct for a while until the time zoom changes.

Next, let's say the peculiarity of v6 - when zooming, the load of all 4 processors (!) Flies up to 90% for a while.
I have i5-6300HQ processors. Am I wrong about something? For example, in Presonus Studio One, nothing like this happens.
It has to be the coding...
both things: the Ferret regions beeing combined and this kind of non-working wave graph issue I detected in V6, that is my first one.
Im using Mixbus now with the option "every processor except one" but apparently no mather what PC you have, the bug still persists (see my signature, I have an old computer but we are having the same behaviour)
I really hope Ben or someone from Harrison's can read and make some patch for us...

But (Im not a software engenieer) if this is in the code, as I read were rewriten in Version 6, we're in trouble Confused
Estudio Dream Big
Nothing can go wrong!