Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ssl 2+ [SOLVED]
Hi,
Does anybody have ssl2+/ssl2 on linux. I got mine today and I have
clicks during playback, although the product was recognized immediately form mixbus6.

I am ubuntu 18.04,
thank you in advance

[b]Edit: Issue solved with xanmod kernel 5.4 lts[ and on ubuntu 20.04/b]
Generally I'd ask at what buffersize...

...but there also seemed to be some issue in the USB audio driver with the SSL: https://mailman.alsa-project.org/piperma...68654.html

No idea if that has been fully solved by now - also don't own an SSL2 myself- just rememberd that ML thread.
I have tested all the buffers from 256 to 4096 and both at 44.1 and 48
and the issue persists on both mixbus6 and ardour6

just using a single stereo track and if i connect my 2i2 it just palys smoothly

thank you for the information

EDIT
I also tried it on a windows machine with the driver form SSl and it works as expected,
so the issue is on my ubuntu maschine

(06-26-2020, 02:51 PM)the C.L.A. Wrote: Generally I'd ask at what buffersize...

...but there also seemed to be some issue in the USB audio driver with the SSL: https://mailman.alsa-project.org/piperma...68654.html

No idea if that has been fully solved by now - also don't own an SSL2 myself- just rememberd that ML thread.
(06-26-2020, 03:17 PM)durutti Wrote: I also tried it on a windows machine with the driver form SSl and it works as expected,
so the issue is on my ubuntu maschine

Could be as the C.L.A. said...
Manufacturers hate Linux and increasingly they don't give a sh*t about class compliance anymore. They need to write drivers for the (stupid) Windows anyway and they please the totalitarians in Cupertino, that's it.
Happened to me with my MOTU: did a firmware upgrade and dang! Luckily they allow downgrades and (atm) provide older versions as downloads. I have 5 backups of the working fw in different places Cool

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(06-26-2020, 09:23 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Manufacturers hate Linux and increasingly they don't give a sh*t about class compliance anymore. They need to write drivers for the (stupid) Windows anyway and they please the totalitarians in Cupertino, that's it.
MMM

I am focussing more on music. So not very up to date. I believe all Windows run on a Hypervisor called Hyper-V and is actually a XEN Linux kernel. So the let the Linux community to develop drivers for them.

Most probably device driver developers are not (made) aware of that and they hodgepodge around.

I remember a guy from MS named Chris adapted the kernel to allow XEN aka Hyper-V.

Back to music

regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
There is a solution according to this post https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21629
but the question is how do I implement it on my maschine...