Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus Midi Issues with controllers.
(06-25-2020, 02:08 PM)zimbodel Wrote: The problem can be solved by:
1) a2j developers assing a devce ignore config file so that it not just grabs everything exclusively when it starts. I contacted them.
2) Mixbus needs explicit jack routable midi ports for interface control to circumvent the use of a2j.

3) Bitwig give up their proprietary behaviour and accept devices from providers like a2jmidid

Bitwig even "sees" the devices when a2jmidid is on, it just choses to not access them.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(06-25-2020, 02:08 PM)zimbodel Wrote: The point is that a2j cuts off by default all the other controllers that are connected to Bitwig and other applications.

Therefore either you use Mixbus +Controller (a2j on) and Bitwig loses it's controller , or you use Bitwig + Controller (a2j off) and mixbus loses it's controller (since mixbus can only be controlled through a2j given jack is running.
the problem is not the amount of devices or device displayed in a2j. a2j cuts all communication between applications and their direct connection to controller pads if a2j is active. That is the problem.
I tested in my system, a2jmidid running.

Connected my controller to qmidiroute in alsa midi (with qjackctl). Can be connected, but no events shown in qmidiroute.

Killed a2jmidid, killed qmidiroute, plugged off keyboard.

Then plugged in keyboard, started qmidiroute. Receives events ok.
Started a2jmidid, and started Mixbus6. Midi events flow nicely to both Mixbus and qmidiroute.

So maybe that might be possible for you also?
Linux veteran and music novice
Follow inspiration, not trends!