Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synchronisation Mixbus/Jack/drum-machine
Hi,

Just installed my licensed version of Mixbus6 last week-end ... All worked fine for it ...

But I'm just surprised there no choice to deal with sync on the editor GUI : the "Int/MTC/Jack" button ( under the "click" icon ), isn't active . It seems to be "frozen" in "Int/Jack" mode, as I can see it right to the "Auto Return" button . The result : I'm unable to run my "slaved-throw Jack" drum-machine ( Hydrogen ), so easily done with Ardour ...

Lauching an old Ardour session in Mixbus let me see this button lighted in yellow with "JACK" written inside for a few seconds, while tracks are loaded, then shutdown and become inactive at least ...
And of course, starting to read tracks in Mixbus never launch the drum machine . Hydrogen is clearly slaved to jack, as jack-transport can handle the one of Hydrogen ...

What have I to do to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance for any help ...
My handmade guitar-amps web site : http://www.wunic.fr
I believe it is disabled in v6 at the moment. I have been following recent commits to Ardour on github and there seems to have been some changes going on under the hood with transport sync recently. Since Mixbus follows Ardour development we should see those changes/fixes in an update sometime soon (hopefully!) It is functional in v5 though if you need to use it.

Dell Optiplex 990 w/i7 2600 16gbRAM | UMC404HD and UMC1820+ADA8200
Ubuntu 20.04 w/Kxstudio repos and liquorix kernel | Mixbus v5/6

Nektar Impact LX25 | iPad2 w/touchosc | korgnanoKontrolstudio
Yeah ! I had an official private reply and i confirm this fact ! But I think that when you BUY a DAW, it have to be completly operational ...

I'm a patient person, and i can deal with Ardour for "live sessions with rhtymes" , then mix with mixbus, even if I'm not a big productive musician ...
So, I can wait for some weeks, or at least, a (very) few monthes this "detail" to be solved, but not several monthes ... so, no more years, even with my optimist character, i know it won't be case ..!!!

Yeah, I'm a bit expansive tonight, but exited by idea I could record, mix, compose with the ideal DAW, particulary including EQ on individual track, let me a bit bitter !!!

I know the Harrison's efforts to the Open-Source software, and more in Ardour one, contribution ( one of the reasons which convince me to buy Mixbus ), but I think a commercial software have to be completly operational in its basic fonctions ! And synchronicity with third parties seems to me essential, and more particulary, when this third party is JACK ...!!!
(05-19-2020, 02:37 PM)wunic Wrote: Yeah, I'm a bit expansive tonight, but exited by idea I could record, mix, compose with the ideal DAW, particulary including EQ on individual track, let me a bit bitter !!!

All the other goodies are working... and it worked perfectly in v5. But v6 has a completely different underlying time machine, allowing for universal latency compensation and perfect synchronicity between midi and audio time. This all works perfectly. I discovered the MMC bug while betatesting v6. It's promised to be fixed in v6.1 which you will receive for free. In the meantime it's switched off which I find is correct as opposed to being present but not working.
MMM
P.S. I wouldn't call Jack "third party", looking at Ardour's history Smile
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
You're right, Madmaxiller : I know Ardour a bit, as I use it since its first releases with GUI ( pré "1" if my reminds are OK ) ... And without Jack, we could produce not really more than nothing ... ;-)

About Mixbus, test version pre-installed on AVlinux was a V5,xx installed, and the few things I did with were done easily ...
But installing V6 uninstalled this prévious release ...

Are these 2 releases could be present on a system without conflict ? I could use V5, waiting V6.1 to be ready ...
Is there possibility to re-install V5 without uninstall V6 ?
And about License ? Am I wrong to think V5 one isn't the same as the one needed by V6 ?
(05-19-2020, 11:22 PM)wunic Wrote: About Mixbus, test version pre-installed on AVlinux was a V5,xx installed, and the few things I did with were done easily ...
But installing V6 uninstalled this prévious release ...
Are these 2 releases could be present on a system without conflict ? I could use V5, waiting V6.1 to be ready ...

Installing v6 should not have uninstalled v5.
I have versions 2,3,4,5 and 6 all on the one system.
When you upgrade to a point release: v6.0 to v6.1 you should get a prompt asking if you want to keep or delete the other, but you can maintain multiple point versions of a major release.

If you still have a v5 installer you can re-install that. If not contact support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com and they will send you a link for the latest v5 available for your system.

(05-19-2020, 11:22 PM)wunic Wrote: And about License ? Am I wrong to think V5 one isn't the same as the one needed by V6 ?

Version 6 is a major release so you will need a v6 license.
Point releases: v6.0 to 6.?? etc are free.... also the upgrade price: v5 to v6 will be much much cheaper than an outright v6 purchase.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-19-2020, 11:22 PM)wunic Wrote: Are these 2 releases could be present on a system without conflict ? I could use V5, waiting V6.1 to be ready ...
And about License ? Am I wrong to think V5 one isn't the same as the one needed by V6 ?

What Dingo said: releases coexist and when you installed v6 it should have asked if you want to uninstall v5.
v5 and v6 are separate versions and need separate licenses. The preinstalled v5 on AVLinux is just a demo version, you would need a license to kill the intermittent demo-noise.
If you can't get a v5 installer you can always save your home directory (with the settings in . files) and then reinstall AVLinux with v5 onboard. Keep your eye open for the message
"Previous version found. Do you want to uninstall v5?"
when you reinstall v6.

MMM
Linux throughout!

Ok, guys, and yeah, perhaps did I install V6 a bit fast too much, and replied "yes" to all questions, and among them, to the suppression of V5-demo ...

So now, I'm unable to reinstall it ... But, no, I wont reinstall completely AVlinux to get Mixbus 5 back : to much time lost, to much mistake sources I surely could commit ... No, my system is OK, now, and I'll modify it only when it will be obsolète ... Wink So question about a Mixbus V5 license is already solved ... !

I think I'll use Ardour for pre-recordings works with drum-machine, then use Mixbus for real-drums recordings & mixing ...

But perhaps is there other solution, an my question will seems idiot, as at now, I never had to deal with MIDI . But I know Hydrogen able to generate MIDI files ... So is there a way to read these in Mixbus 6 . I think to remenber some drumkits are included in V6... Perhaps in a MIDI track ?
(05-20-2020, 05:39 AM)wunic Wrote: But perhaps is there other solution, an my question will seems idiot, as at now, I never had to deal with MIDI . But I know Hydrogen able to generate MIDI files ... So is there a way to read these in Mixbus 6 . I think to remenber some drumkits are included in V6... Perhaps in a MIDI track ?

How does this look to you? Smile
https://libremusicproduction.com/tools/drmr.html

MMM
Linux throughout!

Quote:How does this look to you? Smile
https://libremusicproduction.com/tools/drmr.html

MMM

Yeah, it looks fine !

I installed successfully, and loaded successfully too, in a midi track ... But unable to understand how to deal with : I'm really a newbie in MIDI ... Sad