Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synchronisation Mixbus/Jack/drum-machine
(05-20-2020, 09:32 AM)wunic Wrote:
Quote:How does this look to you? Smile
https://libremusicproduction.com/tools/drmr.html

MMM

Yeah, it looks fine !

I installed successfully, and loaded successfully too, in a midi track ... But unable to understand how to deal with : I'm really a newbie in MIDI ... Sad

Import the midi you exported from Hydrogen into this track. Choose the matching drum kit in drmr.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
OK guys ... I planned a bit on MIDI usages, then I solved the problem using a MIDI track with Red Zepplin drumkit ...

Seems to me AVLdrumkit were available with AVlinux and Mixbus, but I coundn't found it in LV2 plugin interface ...

EDIT :

Sorry, MMM, I just see your post, just after I wrote mine ... I tried DrMr just like you said, but just unable to get sound, and all beats on the same line/note ( an Hydrogen "bug" ? ) ... But just was my first tries with MIDI ... Blush Perhaps notes on MIDI score didn't match with the ones used by DrMr ... Huh
My handmade guitar-amps web site : http://www.wunic.fr
(05-20-2020, 04:47 PM)wunic Wrote: Sorry, MMM, I just see your post, just after I wrote mine ... I tried DrMr just like you said, but just unable to get sound, and all beats on the same line/note ( an Hydrogen "bug" ? ) ... But just was my first tries with MIDI ... Blush Perhaps notes on MIDI score didn't match with the ones used by DrMr ... Huh

But you found a solution. Hydrogen as a drum machine is of course more comfortable. With v6.1 MIDI sync will be back and this worked perfectly with Hydrogen in v5. If I have time I will check DrMr again tonight, I had it working before.

MMM
Linux throughout!

I just did two quick tests:

1) export MIDI from Hydrogen
2)
A - create MIDI track in Mixbus, choose "Drmr" as instrument or repleace the "Generic" with Drmr after creation
- open Drmr and choose kit
- import MIDI, choose "import to sources"
- drag imported MIDI from the sources (right hand side) into place
- it should play now

B - import MIDI and choose "create one track" per file and choose drmr as instrument
- open drmr and choose kit
- it should play now

Works like a charm and you get to set volume and pan of every instrument in drmr.

MMM

Linux throughout!

Thanks to you to verify ...

Perhaps did I export .mid file not correctly from Hydrogen : I had a look back on the ".mid" file with MuseScore, and yes, Hydrogen exported all instruments on the same note . That was the reason it don't work correctly in the Mixbus MIDI track ... It was a very simple pattern with only kick and snare I duplicated along the track ...

Thank you very much again ...
(05-23-2020, 08:37 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: I just did two quick tests:

1) export MIDI from Hydrogen
2)
A - create MIDI track in Mixbus, choose "Drmr" as instrument or repleace the "Generic" with Drmr after creation
- open Drmr and choose kit
- import MIDI, choose "import to sources"
- drag imported MIDI from the sources (right hand side) into place
- it should play now

B - import MIDI and choose "create one track" per file and choose drmr as instrument
- open drmr and choose kit
- it should play now

Works like a charm and you get to set volume and pan of every instrument in drmr.

MMM

Hi MMM !

I just try the tests you adviced me, so, what I could see :

1) Importing the .mid file produced by Hydrogen create only one instrument in the MIDI-track piano-roll ( I added some instruments in hydrogen like Cymbals, cow-bell, etc ... before exporting ) . So, surely I did something wrong when exporting from Hydrogen ... But I can't see what ... Huh

2) DrMr don't offer me any drumkit choice . It just show me (in the opened window which appears just after the plugin selection ) : "[No current kit]", then in the selection kit line : "No/Invalid kit selected", just before the selection button . A click on the button only give me choice to "main" ... Then, DrMr inserted in the tracks doesn't offer me more choice ...

But nevermind : Paul Davis just announced yesterday, the Ardour 6th version publication!!! So, Mixbus V6.1 wouldn't late, now ??? Wink ... Perhaps just a few days waiting ? Or weeks ?
(05-25-2020, 02:25 AM)wunic Wrote: 1) Importing the .mid file produced by Hydrogen create only one instrument in the MIDI-track piano-roll ( I added some instruments in hydrogen like Cymbals, cow-bell, etc ... before exporting ) . So, surely I did something wrong when exporting from Hydrogen ... But I can't see what ... Huh

Of course it's only one instrument track. The drums, cymbals etc are represented as "notes". Your track should look something like this:

Play some "notes" on the keyboard on the left Smile

(05-25-2020, 02:25 AM)wunic Wrote: 2) DrMr don't offer me any drumkit choice . It just show me (in the opened window which appears just after the plugin selection ) : "[No current kit]", then in the selection kit line : "No/Invalid kit selected", just before the selection button . A click on the button only give me choice to "main" ... Then, DrMr inserted in the tracks doesn't offer me more choice ...

Do you have the Hydrogen kits installed correctly? Which distro are you running? After clickin on the drop-down field right of the "No/Invalid kit" message you should see something like this:

(05-25-2020, 02:25 AM)wunic Wrote: But nevermind : Paul Davis just announced yesterday, the Ardour 6th version publication!!! So, Mixbus V6.1 wouldn't late, now ??? Wink ... Perhaps just a few days waiting ? Or weeks ?

Nobody will tell... the philosophy is: "It's ready when it's ready". Not marketing driven. I have tried Ardour 6 last night, and guess what: no MMC sync.

You are so close to it, check your Hydrogen installation. With DrMr you can change kits on the fly while playing back, it's fun!

MMM
Linux throughout!

(05-25-2020, 08:59 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Of course it's only one instrument track. The drums, cymbals etc are represented as "notes". Your track should look something like this:

Play some "notes" on the keyboard on the left Smile

Ok ... H2O plays a number of instruments, each one is attached to a "note" . When exporting, it normally have to keep these height of notes . So what happens, is it export correctly all instruments played along the timeline, but just attach them to the same note ( or line ) ... Yeah, piano roll, with a drumkit loaded plays correct instrument when I play some notes on the keyboard with the mouse . So with H2o kind of .mid files, all beats played are there, but only attached to just one note ... So I get just one "line" in the piano-roll grid

(05-25-2020, 08:59 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Do you have the Hydrogen kits installed correctly? Which distro are you running? After clickin on the drop-down field right of the "No/Invalid kit" message you should see something like this:

I don't know if Hydrogen have problem install with drumkits as I can load each one I want ... The distro is AVlinux . Not last release, but it's recent one ( about 6 to 12 monthes ... )
But it seem there are some folders missing about DrMr : as we could see in the "readme" file on the http://https://github.com/nicklan/drmr page, it give folders they have to scanned to find drumkits . But 2 of them are missing :
- /usr/share/drmr/drumkits/ ( No drmr folder in the /usr/share one )
- ~/.drmr/drumkits/ (no /.drmr folder in my home, but just a /drmr-master one (without point before))

(05-25-2020, 02:25 AM)wunic Wrote: But nevermind : Paul Davis just announced yesterday, the Ardour 6th version publication!!! So, Mixbus V6.1 wouldn't late, now ??? Wink ... Perhaps just a few days waiting ? Or weeks ?
(05-25-2020, 08:59 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Nobody will tell... the philosophy is: "It's ready when it's ready". Not marketing driven. I have tried Ardour 6 last night, and guess what: no MMC sync.
You are so close to it, check your Hydrogen installation. With DrMr you can change kits on the fly while playing back, it's fun!

Ooooh ! Sh ... t !!!
It's so easier to write pattern in H2O than in these fuc...ing MIDI tracks ! Even if changing a drumkit on the fly could be fun ... Sad

But thanks you very much MMM for your efforts to help me ... Wink
(05-25-2020, 05:29 PM)wunic Wrote: But thanks you very much MMM for your efforts to help me ... Wink

No worries... I just got some laptops in my computer business for checking... I can as well use AVLinux for that Tongue
So which version do you have? 2019.4.10?

Cheers,
MMM
Linux throughout!

Yes ! AVlinux release installed is this one ( 2019-04-10 ) ...