Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus - v6.0 - Now Available!
Version 6 of Mixbus is now available!

Click here to buy Mixbus, or to try a demo!

Existing Mixbus customers should have received upgrade offers via email. The published upgrade price for Mixbus v5->6 is $19 from any prior version.

The new list price for Mixbus is $89, and the upgrade price policy has increased to $29 (this will apply for v7, not v6). This increase reflects the added value of applying our high-end features to Mixbus32C's smaller sibling.

What's New in Mixbus v6?

Mixbus v6 incorporates all of the deep improvements to the Mixbus32C engine, including comprehensive latency compensation, cue monitoring, unlimited pannable auxes, and foldback buses.

Mixbus v6 keeps the tried-and-true Mixbus knob-per-function mixer interface with a dedicated Sends and EQ section.

5th Generation Mixbus Engine
Mixbus v6 incorporates all of the improvements to the Mixbus32C v6 engine that were published last month.

Latency Compensation:
In addition to the Harrison Mixbus console (which has always been latency-compensated) it is now possible to add additional buses alongside the tracks, which can be used for additional grouping, fx sends, and other tasks. And these buses are now fully latency-compensated just like the regular mixbuses>master path.
Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC) can now be disabled when you want the shortest path from input to output (when playing through a virtual instrument, for example).

Cue-Monitoring:
By default, MIDI tracks will now monitor both the “Input” and “Disk” when they are in automatic mode. You may override this on a per-track basis and choose to monitor the Input or Disk, only.
Audio tracks can now monitor both the input and disk simultaneously, when rehearsing a punch-in, for example.

DAW-style "Aux" buses are now integrated in the Mixbus engine:
Create unlimited Aux Buses, and assign to them from any track(s).
Aux buses are now included in the main mixbus latency-compensation engine, allowing much more complicated routings.
Aux sends will now follow the main channel pan, or un-check the "Follow channel pan" to alow a separate stereo pan for that channel's send to the aux.

Foldback Buses
Foldback buses are used to create headphone mixes for your performers.
A foldback bus can combine any mixer strips, either pre- or post-fader, into a stereo cue feed.
Every foldback bus has its own plugins and fader, allowing you to create a complete custom sound for each artist.
It is possible to remotely control foldback mixes from a tablet or phone application running TouchOSC or Lemur. (pre-configured templates coming soon)

Enhanced transport syncing with varispeed recording
Mixbus can now record while chasing external timecode sources that are varispeeding (playing faster or slower than 100%).  All potential timecode sources are now displayed on a single window, each with its current timecode location. The active synchronization source can be selected on-the-fly.
NOTE: transport-sync features are temporarily disabled and will be enabled in the v6.1 update (free to existing v6 users)

“Cut” tool
In addition to the existing region splitting action (with the 's' key), a Cut/Scissor tool is provided similar to those used in other DAWs.

Region List
The “Region List” has been redesigned to show only the regions actually in use in the current snapshot  Selecting a region in the editor canvas will select it in the region-list, and vice-versa.  The ability to select a bunch of regions and "tag" them is especially useful for book-on-tape and other post-production tasks.

Source List
The “Source list” shows the file sources used by the session, whether they are used in the current snapshot or not.  Sources have a "Take ID", or timestamp, so you can locate and recover that great take from yesterday's session.

Tagging Regions and Sources
Regions and Sources may be “tagged” together, which can help in session management. For example you can tag all the regions that were part of a good overdub; or you can tag voiceover regions with the phrase they represent.

Virtual MIDI Keyboard
An on-screen keyboard is available to enter rhythms and melodies when you don’t have a physical MIDI keyboard available. The virtual keyboard maps your QWERTY keyboard into a note-input device. 

Native MP3 Import & Export on all platforms
In the past, only Mac could import mp3’s using the apple built-in decoder. Now Windows and Linux can also import mp3 directly.   All 3 platforms can also export .mp3 files directly from the Export window.

But wait, there's still more!
Mixbus v6 includes several of our most popular user-requested features, including:
  • Channel Name Slates now show the track number turns red if the track is record-armed, and use a larger, higher-contrast font.
  • Channel VCA and phase (polarity) switches have been returned to the main channel strip.
  • When creating a new session, the name is auto-filled with a temporary name.  This allows you to create a session and then decide later if you want to name and save it.  You'll be prompted to save the session when you quit (if you haven't already saved it).
  • You can now solo a track, and a reverb mixbus, and hear only the "wet" sound (reverted to v4 operation)
  • Track Direct Outputs: a stereo channel's Direct Out now follows the main channel panner knob (reverted to v4 operation)
  • View->Automation->Toggle all automation: shows/hides all automation tracks at once
  • View->Toggle Layer display:  toggles all {selected} tracks between layered and stacked region view
Thanks! Great!
On 32c 6 there was a new feature to hide/show sections of the mixer. Is this on plain 6 as well please?
@English Guy:

We really like the "knob per feature" layout of the original Mixbus design, and Mixbus already fits pretty well on smaller monitors. So we do not plan to let people hide the sends and EQ. Those are the main selling points of Mixbus.

-Ben
Hi Ben,many thanks for this new upgrade for a little price. I have a buy upgrade to recive for email and testing on gnu linux mx linux 19.1 ( debian buster based + repo kx studio) on studio music 64 other remix distro debian buster based + repo kx studio and on windows 10 ( On desktop computer hp elite 8200 sff and laptop computer asus x54c) . It' a very great and work perfect for me !!! Smile Best regards from Naples ( italy)

gennaro

[img][Image: GBkJjD0.jpg][/img]
HP ELITE 8200 - 16 Giga Ram - HD 2 Terabyte - WIndows 10 - Mx Linux 21 (Debian Bullseye + kx studio based)-  Mixbus 7.2 32c
Notebook Asus x54c - dual boot Windows 10 pro- Mixbus 7.2 (32c) - Ubuntu Studio 20.04  (Mixbus 7.2 32c)
http://gennarogiugliano.altervista.org/S...enuto.html
So I'm confused about the sidechain and what has happened to it. At first, I saw the track send keys and red compressor options were gone, but then I opened the "Podcast" template, and it seems to be there. The note on the template says the compressor is configured for ducking, but I don't see any way to set the send from tracks, nor any way other than building off this template to select sidechain from the compressor menu.
?
@amanamission: oops! We need to update the "Podcast" template to use the plugin-based sidechaining. Please write our email support mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com and we can help develop a new template to test.

-Ben
Okay, but I don't really understand how this plugin-based sidechain works. I traditionally set a sidechain from each of the vocal tracks to each mixbus. So I'd have to set it from the vocal bus instead? Okay, but I'd really rather not. I don't really need the podcast template; I need to be able to use my existing mixes. All of which are based on this lovely, super-convenient sidechain capability that for some reason has evaporated. I don't suppose you could put it back? I'm afraid I won't have the DSP for an extra compressor plugin on each mixbus. And it's not great for the workflow.
I don't think it will come back. It now works in a much more flexible way and is more similar to other DAWs. Insert the plugin you want into a bus, send your sidechain from whatever you want as source (not all plugins are sidechain capable but the most useful ones are).
If you have existing mixes from earlier MB versions it would be better to finish them in the same version you started with.

Side question - can sidechains sends go to plugins in other channels, or must they go to a plugin in a bus?
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

thank you guys, I would like to upgrade but I haven't received an order email yet.
Manjaro KDE linux-rt-56 FX-8350, 16GB, GT 630 (nvidia-440), Multiscreen (2x 22", 1x 15"), Mixbus 5.3.22 64-bit, Interface: Tascam US-16x08, ControlSurface: Tascam US-2400, Monitors: JBL 4412A, Tascam VL-S3 & Alesis Elevate 3 mkII