Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus - v6.0 - Now Available!
@cluster: you should write our support email mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com to get your upgrade details. We can check to see if you are still subscribed to our list with the correct email address.

@sunrat: yes, you can sidechain a track from another track, or to plugins on an aux-bus.

@amanamission: I also miss the old, easy sidechain. The new way is better, though. Next step: make the new way as fast&accessible as the old way.

-Ben
Actually I don't miss old sidechain way anymore. I think it's more flexible way now to do it! I can finnaly sidechain my snare track to overheads without a whole stereobus.

Отправлено с моего AUM-L41 через Tapatalk
Changing the font size does not work in the mixer, the name of the sends, the scale value remain very small and poorly read compared to the fifth version. The LEDs have become smaller and poorly distinguishable, the equalizer knob and sends will appear smaller. The compression band was previously highlighted in a very stylish gradient smoothly from lighter to dark, now it is roughly solid. The feeling that a good mixer was painted with spray paint Smile It doesn’t look bad if you zoom in twice, but in a real size of 140% on a 29-inch monitor it looks a little dark. I remembered the feeling of switching from version 2.5 to version 3 Smile Have to get used to a couple of weeks Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-13-2020, 12:05 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Version 6 of Mixbus is now available!

Click here to buy Mixbus, or to try a demo!

Existing Mixbus customers should have received upgrade offers via email. The published upgrade price for Mixbus v5->6 is $19 from any prior version.

The new list price for Mixbus is $89, and the upgrade price policy has increased to $29 (this will apply for v7, not v6). This increase reflects the added value of applying our high-end features to Mixbus32C's smaller sibling.

What's New in Mixbus v6?

Mixbus v6 incorporates all of the deep improvements to the Mixbus32C engine, including comprehensive latency compensation, cue monitoring, unlimited pannable auxes, and foldback buses.

Mixbus v6 keeps the tried-and-true Mixbus knob-per-function mixer interface with a dedicated Sends and EQ section.

5th Generation Mixbus Engine
Mixbus v6 incorporates all of the improvements to the Mixbus32C v6 engine that were published last month.

Latency Compensation:
In addition to the Harrison Mixbus console (which has always been latency-compensated) it is now possible to add additional buses alongside the tracks, which can be used for additional grouping, fx sends, and other tasks. And these buses are now fully latency-compensated just like the regular mixbuses>master path.
Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC) can now be disabled when you want the shortest path from input to output (when playing through a virtual instrument, for example).

Cue-Monitoring:
By default, MIDI tracks will now monitor both the “Input” and “Disk” when they are in automatic mode. You may override this on a per-track basis and choose to monitor the Input or Disk, only.
Audio tracks can now monitor both the input and disk simultaneously, when rehearsing a punch-in, for example.

DAW-style "Aux" buses are now integrated in the Mixbus engine:
Create unlimited Aux Buses, and assign to them from any track(s).
Aux buses are now included in the main mixbus latency-compensation engine, allowing much more complicated routings.
Aux sends will now follow the main channel pan, or un-check the "Follow channel pan" to alow a separate stereo pan for that channel's send to the aux.

Foldback Buses
Foldback buses are used to create headphone mixes for your performers.
A foldback bus can combine any mixer strips, either pre- or post-fader, into a stereo cue feed.
Every foldback bus has its own plugins and fader, allowing you to create a complete custom sound for each artist.
It is possible to remotely control foldback mixes from a tablet or phone application running TouchOSC or Lemur. (pre-configured templates coming soon)

Enhanced transport syncing with varispeed recording
Mixbus can now record while chasing external timecode sources that are varispeeding (playing faster or slower than 100%).  All potential timecode sources are now displayed on a single window, each with its current timecode location. The active synchronization source can be selected on-the-fly.
NOTE: transport-sync features are temporarily disabled and will be enabled in the v6.1 update (free to existing v6 users)

“Cut” tool
In addition to the existing region splitting action (with the 's' key), a Cut/Scissor tool is provided similar to those used in other DAWs.

Region List
The “Region List” has been redesigned to show only the regions actually in use in the current snapshot  Selecting a region in the editor canvas will select it in the region-list, and vice-versa.  The ability to select a bunch of regions and "tag" them is especially useful for book-on-tape and other post-production tasks.

Source List
The “Source list” shows the file sources used by the session, whether they are used in the current snapshot or not.  Sources have a "Take ID", or timestamp, so you can locate and recover that great take from yesterday's session.

Tagging Regions and Sources
Regions and Sources may be “tagged” together, which can help in session management. For example you can tag all the regions that were part of a good overdub; or you can tag voiceover regions with the phrase they represent.

Virtual MIDI Keyboard
An on-screen keyboard is available to enter rhythms and melodies when you don’t have a physical MIDI keyboard available. The virtual keyboard maps your QWERTY keyboard into a note-input device. 

Native MP3 Import & Export on all platforms
In the past, only Mac could import mp3’s using the apple built-in decoder. Now Windows and Linux can also import mp3 directly.   All 3 platforms can also export .mp3 files directly from the Export window.

But wait, there's still more!
Mixbus v6 includes several of our most popular user-requested features, including:
  • Channel Name Slates now show the track number turns red if the track is record-armed, and use a larger, higher-contrast font.
  • Channel VCA and phase (polarity) switches have been returned to the main channel strip.
  • When creating a new session, the name is auto-filled with a temporary name.  This allows you to create a session and then decide later if you want to name and save it.  You'll be prompted to save the session when you quit (if you haven't already saved it).
  • You can now solo a track, and a reverb mixbus, and hear only the "wet" sound (reverted to v4 operation)
  • Track Direct Outputs: a stereo channel's Direct Out now follows the main channel panner knob (reverted to v4 operation)
  • View->Automation->Toggle all automation: shows/hides all automation tracks at once
  • View->Toggle Layer display:  toggles all {selected} tracks between layered and stacked region view
Hi Ben. This is now the third time that I have to send an e-mail for the upgrade price. I only got the e-mail for the new price of $89.00. Would you please check into this for me? My e-mail address is: XXXXX. Thank you in advance.
(04-13-2020, 02:01 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @English Guy:

We really like the "knob per feature" layout of the original Mixbus design, and Mixbus already fits pretty well on smaller monitors. So we do not plan to let people hide the sends and EQ. Those are the main selling points of Mixbus.

-Ben

Have to say, for anyone looking at this, that on my modest laptop (and with my not very good eyes) I am finding the mixer labels in v6 far easier to read.

This is a very nice upgrade anyway but that is a real bonus.
(04-14-2020, 09:05 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @cluster: you should write our support email mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com to get your upgrade details. We can check to see if you are still subscribed to our list with the correct email address.

@sunrat: yes, you can sidechain a track from another track, or to plugins on an aux-bus.

@amanamission: I also miss the old, easy sidechain. The new way is better, though. Next step: make the new way as fast&accessible as the old way.

-Ben

Is there a way to set up the slider to control the threshold on the plugin? Cause I don't really use the compressor module on mixbuses except for the sidechain.
@amanamission: Yes! Right-click on the plugin and choose "Show Controls", then pick the controls you'd like to display beneath the plugin.
I see. That's not really what I meant, but that's what I'd seen reference to. Well, that's a little better, so I don't have to open the plugin all the time, but this way also eats up a lot of real estate in the insert/plugin box and, for me wastes the built-in compressor (I usually do regular compression at the track level). So this is a pretty serious mess from where I sit. It's taking up the space of FOUR plug-ins on each bus it's used on, and two more slots on the send. Not sure I want to go down this road.
The plug-in's fine as an option, I see why some people prefer it, but I'm not sure I really want to mix like this. Kind of gives me a headache to turn my view sideways, and it's hard to relate the meter to the other levels. I kind of feel it goes against a lot of the old verbage about avoiding plug-in approaches and DAW-style workflows. I hate to get left behind, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do any mixes with this version. I might just use the update for editing and mix with the old version.
I really don't understand why the old way was done away. It was one of the best parts of this software.
Loving the new version so far! Is there any documentation for the OSC controls on the new foldback buses? Can't seem to find anything in the manual. Thanks!

Dell Optiplex 990 w/i7 2600 16gbRAM | UMC404HD and UMC1820+ADA8200
Ubuntu 20.04 w/Kxstudio repos and liquorix kernel | Mixbus v5/6

Nektar Impact LX25 | iPad2 w/touchosc | korgnanoKontrolstudio
@wreckcenterstudio: please ask this question in the "customization and remote control" subforum, and let's have a discussion about the available controls and start documenting it.