Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v5.3 update available FREE
Anyone on a 64-bit linux distro having issues with the install script? I tried to install twice yesterday and both times I got an error about some bad characters in the gcc5 file. I am trying again right now using the .tar from the link in the email as opposed to the download page post-phaser purchase to see if that helps. I'm also running a pretty dated version of UbuntuStudio... could that cause a problem?
(11-09-2019, 08:45 AM)drsaamah Wrote: Anyone on a 64-bit linux distro having issues with the install script? I tried to install twice yesterday and both times I got an error about some bad characters in the gcc5 file. I am trying again right now using the .tar from the link in the email as opposed to the download page post-phaser purchase to see if that helps. I'm also running a pretty dated version of UbuntuStudio... could that cause a problem?
Installed with no problem on AVLinux which is Debian Stretch based (gcc6).
Has your dated Ubuntu actually got gcc5 or later? If not you may need the older version of the installer. Although it would have to be very old for that, like more than 4 or 5 years.
Check with
Code:
gcc --version
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

It is a pretty old version, I am running UStudio 15.10 lol
Just that it works and I am not trying to wipe the studio computer in the middle of recording my album. But gcc is chill. I am on version 5.2.1. I just installed Mixbus 5.2 a few months ago and didn't have any issues. Let me see if this .tar works and I'll get back at you after I get off work.
(11-09-2019, 09:10 AM)drsaamah Wrote: It is a pretty old version, I am running UStudio 15.10 lol
Just that it works and I am not trying to wipe the studio computer in the middle of recording my album. But gcc is chill. I am on version 5.2.1. I just installed Mixbus 5.2 a few months ago and didn't have any issues. Let me see if this .tar works and I'll get back at you after I get off work.

No issues here on Ubuntu 16.04
Okay so like.. same thing with the .tar download from the email. The exact error that gedit gives me after an hour or so of running the install script is:
"There was a problem opening the file "/home/saam/Harrison Mixb...ixbus32C-5.3.0-x86_64.run". The file you opened has some invalid characters. If you continue editing this file you could corrupt this document. You can also choose another character encoding and try again."
ugh... okay so I got the install to work fine by just running the install script from the terminal. Which is a weird solution but whatever I'll take it. But now the launcher seems unresponsive. When I try to launch 5.3 from the terminal line I get the following error:

"/opt/Mixbus32C-5.3.0/bin/mixbus32c-5.3.0: error while loading shared libraries:
libmvec.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Huh

Could the problem be that both 5.2 and 5.3 use the same exact command path in the /usr/local/bin directory?
type in a terminal locate libmvec.so.1

In my system (ubuntu 16.04) it is found in
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmvec.so.1
/libx32/libmvec.so.1
/snap/core/7917/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmvec.so.1
/snap/core/8039/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmvec.so.1

have you tried installing it with sudo ./Mixbus ....

(11-09-2019, 11:22 PM)drsaamah Wrote: ugh... okay so I got the install to work fine by just running the install script from the terminal. Which is a weird solution but whatever I'll take it. But now the launcher seems unresponsive. When I try to launch 5.3 from the terminal line I get the following error:

"/opt/Mixbus32C-5.3.0/bin/mixbus32c-5.3.0: error while loading shared libraries:

Huh

Could the problem be that both 5.2 and 5.3 use the same exact command path in the /usr/local/bin directory?
I did install with sudo.
locate libmvec.so.1 pulls up a blank on this system. Now the question is how to install it, since the repos for 15.10 are no more...
(11-10-2019, 05:16 AM)durutti Wrote: type in a terminal locate libmvec.so.1

In my system (ubuntu 16.04) it is found in
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmvec.so.1
/libx32/libmvec.so.1
/snap/core/7917/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmvec.so.1
/snap/core/8039/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmvec.so.1

have you tried installing it with sudo ./Mixbus ....

(11-09-2019, 11:22 PM)drsaamah Wrote: ugh... okay so I got the install to work fine by just running the install script from the terminal. Which is a weird solution but whatever I'll take it. But now the launcher seems unresponsive. When I try to launch 5.3 from the terminal line I get the following error:

Huh

For locate, update the database first
Code:
sudo updatedb && locate libmvec.so.1

What output do you get from
Code:
$ dpkg -S libmvec.so.1
That library is provided by libc6 which is a core system file. Very strange if it's not there.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Hi,

Thanks Harrison for this great 5.3 upgrade Smile.

I have one question: does Dynomite plugin not free anymore since the 5.3 upgrade ? The plugin says that it is unlicensed and ask to copy paste a licence text. I can continue to use the plugin in Demo mode without problems though and when I close/open the plugin window, the licence message come back after a few time Smile.