Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 32C v5 - Now Available!
Pluged in members receice mail on updates. If you are and did not get, mail Harrison to check your mail settings
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(01-04-2019, 03:52 PM)Adji Wrote: Hi all, just checking this forum after a long time away.
I'm incoporating 32C v4 into my workflow more and more and just realised there is a version 5.

Is there not a more reliable way than e-mail to inform existing users of upgrade prices etc? Can this not be done via a traditional user account system?

When you launch MB/32C v 4 or 5.0 there is an update notification showing in the top of the Session Setup window and it scrolls in once. (This works so long as your system is internet enabled).

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(01-04-2019, 08:38 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 03:52 PM)Adji Wrote: Hi all, just checking this forum after a long time away.
I'm incoporating 32C v4 into my workflow more and more and just realised there is a version 5.

Is there not a more reliable way than e-mail to inform existing users of upgrade prices etc? Can this not be done via a traditional user account system?

When you launch MB/32C v 4 or 5.0 there is an update notification showing in the top of the Session Setup window and it scrolls in once. (This works so long as your system is internet enabled).

Excellent information thankyou. By default I have the internet turned off so hadn't noticed this (or maybe I had just overlooked it).

I like that it at least tells you the price now too for upgrade (which is very reasonable and much better than most DAW companies).

I may have received the e-mail, and deleted it. I'm sure you are all in the same boat with hundreds of mails a day you sometimes miss the good stuff. I'll mail Harrison about the upgrade 'promo' code.

Whilst this is all great (and thanks again) I still struggle to understand why a promo code system is used rather than a much more efficient (and less time consuming for the Harrison team) login / account based system.
Normal emails are often considered by google or what the heck as spam and sent there, so it is worth to chek the spam forder before deleting blind.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Question 
Purchased Mixbus v5.1 (standard) and all I can say is WOW! I want more. Big Grin

Is there an upgrade from Mixbus v5.1 to Mixbus32C v5.1 available?
You should be receiving emails with an upgrade offer once in a while. If you just bought it, it may take a while, but I got one just 3 days ago. If you contact Harrison they will help I am sure.
(01-08-2019, 04:08 PM)Black Jacque Shellac Wrote: You should be receiving emails with an upgrade offer once in a while. If you just bought it, it may take a while, but I got one just 3 days ago. If you contact Harrison they will help I am sure.

Thanks, Black Jacque Shellac!
I'll send them an email.