Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 32C v5 - Now Available!
Ben told me there was a bug and Mixbus V4 32C and all previous versions and on some systems looping was non functional...so Ben says to me I was expecting too much of Mixbus and to go back to Pro-Tools...so I did. But. I reluctantly tried 32C V5 demo. It worked. It continued to work...!!!!! Its great. Sorry Ben, you know a Limey has a nasty old temper when his computer won't work right, but no more moanin honest, V5 is seriously good, just can we have a Dynamic Transport same as PT and also a playlist function to easily comp multiple takes and that about wraps it up. Oh by the way I bought it :-)
Is there any ETA for Mixbus (non-32c) v5 release? Thank you very much for the great work that's been put into this release, I can't wait to upgrade.
Ben wrote "The published upgrade price for 32C is always $79; but this year we are providing a special bonus: a free copy of LegacyQ plugin with the v5 upgrade."

Got my email notice, but am not the finding the $79 upgrade price. Says $149, which seems to indicate that the plugin is NOT free with the upgrade. Or the upgrade price has doubled. Or something. Where do I go to find the upgrade for $79? Or is that a mistake in the quote?
@fleidt:

Please write our support email ( mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com ) and we will provide the correct pricing for you. It's possible that you bought Mixbus32C using a different email than your other purchases, and so we sent you the wrong email. Or it could be some other mistake on our part.

Best,
-Ben
(09-04-2018, 03:04 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @fleidt:

Please write our support email ( mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com ) and we will provide the correct pricing for you. It's possible that you bought Mixbus32C using a different email than your other purchases, and so we sent you the wrong email. Or it could be some other mistake on our part.

Best,
-Ben

Will do. Thanks, Ben.
Hi !

Upgrade is awesome. v4 was better than v3 and v5 is just awesome.

As an end user(customer), I'm always greedy, I want more. (It's good. But, I want more).

The only thing I noticed(wish/expect) is :
There is no scroll in master fader :p

Except that everything is wonderful.

ps :
it works great in my two 44" UHTV and small laptop(except master fader in laptop).

I actually bought two 44" UHTV for mixbus32c.
(Is not this a news).

Thanks for the wonderful work.
My thanks to all Harrison/mixbus32c team.

[Soon, I will find a way to upgrade.]
Win 7 x64(Desktop), Win 7 x32(two Laptops) and Win 8 x64(Laptop)

Audio-interface :
  1. Soundcraft analog mixer [USB]
  2. Komplete Audio 6 [USB]
  3. Roland Adirol [USB]

mixbus32c
doncolga
I see you also use Studio One 4. Do you like MixBus better?

Thx!
(11-24-2018, 12:40 PM)stresstour Wrote: doncolga
I see you also use Studio One 4. Do you like MixBus better?

Thx!

Hey,

I've not done any production yet at all on MixBus, only mixing, and I really love it for that, compared to Sonar and S1. I really love having immediate access to the most important tools, opening very few plug-in windows, and the bussing and the way it's designed with the 12 bus "limit". I think the polarity optimization is a "killer app" part of MixBus and I miss that on other DAWs.

But there is much to love about S1. Like here, they have a great community, I have very well respected friends who love it, I find it more stable, and there are some things it does faster and easier. For mixing, I've modeled my S1 mix template after my MixBus template, and that's been nice, combining things I really like from each one. So, really, I'd say it's a toss-up. Honestly, sometimes I prefer how things sound in MixBus, sometimes I prefer how they sound in S1.

I've learned a great deal using MixBus, after working first on DAWs where there were no "limitations". To me, other DAWs really open the door to make productions way more complicated than they need to be, and users need to be mindful of that. I think it's easy to have the mindset of "oh, look this complex thing I've created, all the plug-ins, all the busses, all the processing. I've made the most complex mix ever...woohoo! That makes me awesome at production!". I'm just not into that at all. It's very easy for the unlimited options to distract us from the real production, mixing, and the sound. MixBus really helps you stay focused on what's most important.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Hi Everyone

Bulk sending of Email isn't 100% reliable for a raft of reasons mostly because of international disagreement on standards. I have an industry mail list service been around since before DDN (was a Dialup system)
Out of 150,000 user emails average a day about 90,000 make it to the destination! mail can get "lost" during transport.

I didn't get one either regarding the update but I have received others offers subsequent

Best advice is to keep an eye on forums and websites for any updates your interested in
Hi all, just checking this forum after a long time away.
I'm incoporating 32C v4 into my workflow more and more and just realised there is a version 5.

Is there not a more reliable way than e-mail to inform existing users of upgrade prices etc? Can this not be done via a traditional user account system?