Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Mixbus 3.0-3146 "Interim Release"
"Interim Releases" are Mixbus packages that allow users to view the current state of Mixbus development between official releases. Interim releases are best-suited to technical users who are comfortable installing and managing multiple versions of software on their machines.

You can determine which version of Mixbus you are using by visiting the "About" page. If the version says 3.0-3146 then you are already using this release.

You should only download an "interim release" if it fixes an important bug for you. Interim releases allow us to fix specific issues for our users, or beta-test new features. They are not as thoroughly tested as official releases, so you may find that an interim release is not as stable as the official releases. They might even cause damage to your session files (although we test to avoid this), so please make a backup of any important sessions before opening them in an interim release.

Currently, we are providing these packages to our registered forum members. Mixbus v3 is still a very new product and we want to provide fast and free access to updates without the delays associated with an official release schedule. In the future, we expect Interim Releases to become an exclusive benefit of our "Plugged-In Membership" NOTE: official updates such as v3.1 will remain free to all users.

Please do not post these links outside our forum, because the links are not permanent, and they do not represent a finished state.

If you have questions or comments, please reach us at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Mac 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...x86_64.dmg

Mac 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...6-i386.dmg

Windows 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".

Windows 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/mb3/beta/mixbus-3.0.2871-w32-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".

Linux 64 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.3146.tar
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...6-gcc5.tar (for gcc5 distros)

Linux 32 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.3146.tar
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...6-gcc5.tar (for gcc5 distros)

Interim build 3146 includes over 2,000 changes since the initial 3.0 release. A selection of notable changes since the last interim 2872 is listed below:

New features:
Interim 3.0.3146 release notes

NEW!
FAVORITE PLUGINS SIDEBAR ( Experimental ! ):
Drag/drop plugins between the Favorites bar and track/buses.
Allow creating plugin-presets by dragging a plugin to the sidebar.
Allow to add a plugin or preset to all selected routes (double-click).
Save/restore custom order of favorite plugin list.
Manage favorites and delete presets from the sidebar’s right-click context menu.

MONITOR SECTION IMPROVEMENTS:
Monitoring section reduced to 75% original width
Allow showing/hiding the Monitor Section ( See new “Mon” button on the master bus)
Allow Plugins in the Monitor Section (for room eq/correction)
Fix monitor-section state restore (per channel solo/mute/dim/inv)
Change visible name from “Fader” to “Monitor Processor”

UI:
Stop trying to automatically scale the mixer strips. Warn the user if the scale doesn’t match their monitor, but allow the user to ignore the warning if they wish.
Add 140% strip scale, for those users with very large monitors.
Trigger small LEDs whenever scale is less than 100%. This avoids the issue where the LED size varies in a strip due to variations in individual button sizes.
Mixer mutes and solos now work just like the editor: middle-click for momentary operation; right-click mute & solo menus; ctrl+shift+click ( mute/solo all )

MIDI:
Fix overlapping note resolution (see issue #177)
Remove shortening inserted notes by one tick
Add midi-track mute automation

CONTROL SURFACES ( NOTE: Control surface features should be considered “experimental until the official 3.1 release)

OSC:
New OSC commands to support TouchOSC and Lemur (these apps always send float args, whether you want/need them or not. We’ve added redundant commands so TouchOSC and Lemur can trigger events)

MACKIE:
Allow basic access to channelstrip EQ and compression
Lots of basic functionality improvement ( entering & leaving different modes ), but still lots more to do.
Known issues:
On Mac w/XTouch(?), fader automation playback is very coarse.
The “Master” fader positionisn’t being updated when the session loads, but after moving it once, it works fine.

FADERPORT:
Off button is never lit, because this tells the Faderport to disable the fader entirely.
Fixed fader so it moves during automation playback.
Fixed Trim control range
Fixed “Shift” behavior so it is easier to hold shift & navigate the markers
Known issues:
disabling and immediately re-enabling the Faderport control protocol will cause a crash.

MISCELLANEOUS IMPROVEMENTS:
Updated German, Russian & Chinese translations
Fixed some window titles ( some said "gui" instead of Mixbus )
“Backspace” key was not working in the mixer window to delete plugins. This is fixed.
Default the value of the save-snapshot entry with current snapshot name
Video file playback: Use video-duration from the container if stream duration is n/a
Fix possibly stuck mute/solo buttons (context menu)
Disable threaded waveview rendering. ( fixes some crashes during startup, but will slow down rendering slightly, for now )
Explicitly disallow looping when External-sync is engaged
Fix a problem with LV2 plugin UI updates when the plugin does not have output control ports
Use LV2 port symbols, not index, when plugin version changes. ( fixes bugs with Calf plugins on linux, maybe others )

SESSION SETTINGS:
Mixbus EQs were using the wrong frequencies at sample rates other than 44k. This has been fixed.
In the case where a session has multiple sub-folders for Audio or MIDI files, open a Finder/Explorer/File-manager to help the user resolve the ambiguity.
Save/restore plugin state with track-templates.
Properly copy plugin state when Duplicating a track.

CRASH FIXES:
Fix a potential crash when discovering control surface libraries.
Fix a potential crash when removing track.
Fix some shutdown crashes, especially for control surface users.
Fix a crash when scroll-wheeling past the bottom of fader travel.

MAC OSX:
Keep AU cache in cache-dir
Re-add AU cache/blacklist management controls to the Preferences->Plugins tab

WINDOWS:
Ship both blocking and callback PA backends (for debug purposes)
Keep VST path editor on top of preferences.

LINUX:
Uninstall all icon files (linux)
Install 256px icon file (hi-dpi)
LinuxVST window re-sizing: forward event to child window.
Mind blowing how much it is getting better and better and better Thank you Harrison. You are adding new stuff like cookies. I want more cookies then. Damn its free
Downloading now.
The improvements to the Monitor Section sounds like everything I've wanted and more.
The plugin favorites bar will be nice though it's lack wasn't a deal-breaker.

Will test and report any issues.

Thank you guys.

(01-11-2016, 03:48 PM)BHBstudio Wrote: Mind blowing how much it is getting better and better and better Thank you Harrison. You are adding new stuff like cookies. I want more cookies then. Damn its free

The forums do download a few cookies...
Even my old project kind of smoother right now much smoother after I passed over 50% DSP power. Man I can't thank u enough. Who's idea is to put my favorite signal processors like that ? I can't thank you enough. Easy going

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
(01-11-2016, 03:57 PM)BHBstudio Wrote: Who's idea is to put my favorite signal processors like that ? I can't thank you enough. Easy going

Tracing the "idea" is hard. It was inspired by two forum threads: http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-1951.html and http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...13227.html
I did the planning and implementation. There are still some rough edges, but I am glad you like it.
Whoooopie. Step by Step.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Duplicate tracks, plugins side-bar, monitoring section, i really apreciate all these improvements ! Smile Thanks a lot !
Congratulations to Harrison for the add-ons in this new interim release!
The updated monitor section with the ability to use room correction, analyser plugins etc, it is a huge improvement.
However there are still some issues on 3nd party plugins that make my mixing job very difficult and I'm talking for the slow response on the graphics. Knobs, vu-meters on compressors, everything is moving with a "slow motion" feel. I wonder if that affects only my system (mac-pro 2009, Yosemite) or if it is a general issue for everybody.
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
(01-12-2016, 02:56 AM)Arionas Wrote: However there are still some issues on 3nd party plugins that make my mixing job very difficult and I'm talking for the slow response on the graphics. Knobs, vu-meters on compressors, everything is moving with a "slow motion" feel. I wonder if that affects only my system (mac-pro 2009, Yosemite) or if it is a general issue for everybody.

Hi Arionas

I noticed the slow motion feel too at Yosemite: I noticed that Apple mentioned that processing and graphics have improved considerably in El Capitain. So i took the plunge, updated to El Capitain and slow refresh of graphics is gone.

I hate the way Apple is trying to make a mobile or Pad out of the desktops. So i am considering to try if the server version of OSX gives us back the plain machine which allows to run an application, with doing its best to to integrate everything into clouds and tunes.

I tried to find how to switch off hyperthreading in El: but did not find that (yet).

I noticed some magic : when i run Mixbus (and most software which i can switch of in off position) that only the four cores are used. When i run photo software for image correction (DXO) i see all 8 threads active.

When nothing runs : No apps i see the system activity is only on the first core..

back to tests

Kind regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
The slow motion thing also exists in El. However, that only happens if I reach above 60% DSP power. That is on my wish list to. But this release has improved it a little bit. Mixbus 2 works until DSP power reach 100. Hope it will be fixed

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk