Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Mixbus 3.0-3146 "Interim Release"
Thanks for the improvements, Great you apply some of our practical wishes like the favorite plugin box. Works fine.

Sorry to say that the mono solo buttons still cannot be made the same color
http://screencast.com/t/WYPuZw8PUVX
Please, in next release maybe?
Thanks
Tassy
(01-12-2016, 03:46 AM)Frank Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 02:56 AM)Arionas Wrote: However there are still some issues on 3nd party plugins that make my mixing job very difficult and I'm talking for the slow response on the graphics. Knobs, vu-meters on compressors, everything is moving with a "slow motion" feel. I wonder if that affects only my system (mac-pro 2009, Yosemite) or if it is a general issue for everybody.

Hi Arionas

I noticed the slow motion feel too at Yosemite: I noticed that Apple mentioned that processing and graphics have improved considerably in El Capitain. So i took the plunge, updated to El Capitain and slow refresh of graphics is gone.

I hate the way Apple is trying to make a mobile or Pad out of the desktops. So i am considering to try if the server version of OSX gives us back the plain machine which allows to run an application, with doing its best to to integrate everything into clouds and tunes.

I tried to find how to switch off hyperthreading in El: but did not find that (yet).

I noticed some magic : when i run Mixbus (and most software which i can switch of in off position) that only the four cores are used. When i run photo software for image correction (DXO) i see all 8 threads active.

When nothing runs : No apps i see the system activity is only on the first core..

back to tests

Kind regards

Frank

Thanks Frank, yes really Yosemite is slow on graphics speed but here I think the problem is related to the plugins track chainer of mixbus engine. I've noticed that when using BC patchwork or DDMF metaplugin to load plugins the things are a little bit better but still slowly.
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
(01-11-2016, 03:38 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: CONTROL SURFACES ( NOTE: Control surface features should be considered “experimental until the official 3.1 release)
MACKIE:
Allow basic access to channelstrip EQ and compression

I like the compressor access and also the Mixbusses quick access. Trim access is nice, too. Didn't find out about the EQ yet.
Is there actually a "map" for the MCU?

Cheers,
MMM
(01-12-2016, 04:51 AM)Arionas Wrote: Thanks Frank, yes really Yosemite is slow on graphics speed but here I think the problem is related to the plugins track chainer of mixbus engine. I've noticed that when using BC patchwork or DDMF metaplugin to load plugins the things are a little bit better but still slowly.

Let me share my observations: it might give you insight.

I noticed in a project that graphics slowed down, the refresh on the mixer window f.i. when i opened two instances of XT-3Ddelay with the graphical window open. I opened a XT-MC and it got worse : solo on a band on the XT-MC would halt the update of the graphics of the edit and Mixer window. No problem with sound. closing the XT-delay got the graphics running again.

I upgraded to El Capitain, and problems were over: I could open 7 graphically active XT plugins (XT-MC, XT-BC and XTVC etc) without artifacts. I did not test more plugin windows open.

I also noticed DSP load was lower In one project from 50% to 20- 25%.

Kind regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(01-12-2016, 05:55 AM)Frank Wrote: Let me share my observations: it might give you insight.

I noticed in a project that graphics slowed down, the refresh on the mixer window f.i. when i opened two instances of XT-3Ddelay with the graphical window open. I opened a XT-MC and it got worse : solo on a band on the XT-MC would halt the update of the graphics of the edit and Mixer window. No problem with sound. closing the XT-delay got the graphics running again.

I upgraded to El Capitain, and problems were over: I could open 7 graphically active XT plugins (XT-MC, XT-BC and XTVC etc) without artifacts. I did not test more plugin windows open.

I also noticed DSP load was lower In one project from 50% to 20- 25%.

Kind regards

Frank
Basically the slow response of the graphics in my system has to do with the GUI of 3nd party plugins as Uad, Softube etc. Harrison's XT plugins run very smoothly and right here.

Kind regards
Nikos
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
I also have the slow reponse of the graphics. Also the levelmeters of the faders are slow. I hope this will be fixed soon. But I am glad that I can delete tracks now, without crashing the program.
Nomad factory and ik still they crash mixbus up on removal not a big deal I first save project before I remove anything from those developers.

Harrison plugin is so smooth. I haven't had any issue.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Love the Monitor allowing plugins. The ability to put a room corrector after the Monitor section and Magic A/B before it (without making a new bus, re-routing stuff, and dealing the feedback thing every time I opened a project) is everything I hoped it would be.
Hiding and showing the Monitor easily is a nice extra touch.

I'm liking the plugins favorites list always visible - I never really thought of the old menu system as a problem, but the new system is even better. Well done.

I did crash MB when right clicking on a favorite in the list and selecting delete. I didn't try again, and I know you've listed that feature as experimental.
I also crashed MB when right clicking on a plugin in the Monitor section. I tried again after re-starting MB and the right click worked.
Windows 8.1, 32bit MB.
In retina resolution on Macbook Pro graphics are slower, than in a not retina resolution on the same macbook pro.
Good work Harrison!
the panel with the chosen plug-ins excellent realization. Mackie the controler is already close to an ideal, remained very little for ideal use. Thanks for your work! I have a question to users of BCF2000 How to receive a response of parameters of management to BCFhack? When opening the project, data are shown originally, but then the signal to the display doesn't arrive

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)