Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-2257 "Interim Release"
Thank you x42, it works. May be I've got to change my disk for some thing better.
Greatings and Salivations Everybody!

First - Thank you all at Harrison for great work on Mixbus!!!!

I upgraded to Mixbus-3.0.2.257 a couple months ago (on computer "A") and, tonight,
just tried to revisit some sessions that I recorded earlier in the year with Mixbus 2.5
(from computer "B"). On Computer "A" I start up Mixbus 3 and traverse the previous
sessions branches with no problem. However, when I select the base folder of any of
my 2.5 sessions, I see nothing in the Select Session File window. Using computer "B"
(still running Mixbus 2.5), I can traverse into any previous session folder and select
a songname.ardour file to reopen that session. So, it appears that my installation of
Mixbus 3 does not like something about the 2.5 session structure. I'm sure there is
something basic that I missed in the installation or user manual but can't seem to
find it at this time. Can someone please set me straight here?

Thanks, muchly!!

Patrick
Wow... I hate it when schtuff just starts to work...

I was poking around the sessions branches looking for clues and config files
and such and, at one point, rebooted my OS (AV Linux 6.0.4). Now I can see
and startup my previous sessions. (Queue the theatre organ!)

Anyway... looks like things are working normally. I see that when I open up
2.5 session files, 3.0.2 IDs them as "old " files and creates a song-2000.ardour
file in the session folder... but a data checksum on the song.ardour and
song-2000.ardour files shows that they are identical. (WtF? Must be a good reason
for that?) I've also read that Mixbus 3+ gathers all of its config and preferences
files in ~/.Mixbus3 ? I don't see on my system... wonder why...

Oh well.. back to making music!

Patrick
(12-07-2015, 07:47 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Anyway... looks like things are working normally. I see that when I open up
2.5 session files, 3.0.2 IDs them as "old " files and creates a song-2000.ardour
file in the session folder... but a data checksum on the song.ardour and
song-2000.ardour files shows that they are identical. (WtF? Must be a good reason
for that?)

There are new features in Mixbus 3 which Mixbus2 does not know about. If you continue to work in MB3, the session may no longer open in MB2. So Mixbus makes a backup (just in case; besides it's good practice to do so anyway and the session files themselves are small)

There are also subtle differences between the session file format version 2000 and 3001 (current), most of them pertaining to automation data, and in some cases the files will also initially differ..

(12-07-2015, 07:47 PM)PBuryk Wrote: I've also read that Mixbus 3+ gathers all of its config and preferences
files in ~/.Mixbus3 ? I don't see on my system... wonder why...

On Linux, the config folder is $HOME/.config/mixbus3 (actually Mixbus follows the XDG specs, and you can change this if you want to, search the web for XDG_CONFIG_HOME).

(12-07-2015, 07:47 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Oh well.. back to making music!

Patrick

yep, have fun.