Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-1970 "Interim Release"
"Interim Releases" are Mixbus packages that allow users to view the current state of Mixbus development between official releases. Interim releases are best-suited to technical users who are comfortable installing and managing multiple versions of software on their machines.

You can determine which version of Mixbus you are using by visiting the "About" page. If the version says 3.0-1970 then you are already using this release.

You should only download an "interim release" if it fixes an important bug for you. Interim releases allow us to fix specific issues for our users, or beta-test new features. They are not as thoroughly tested as official releases, so you may find that an interim release is not as stable as the official releases. They might even cause damage to your session files (although we test to avoid this), so please make a backup of any important sessions before opening them in an interim release.

Currently, we are providing these packages to our registered forum members. Mixbus v3 is still a very new product and we want to provide fast and free access to updates without the delays associated with an official release schedule.

In the future, we expect Interim Releases to become an exclusive benefit of our "Plugged-In Membership"
NOTE: official updates such as v3.1 will remain free to all users.

Please do not post these links outside our forum, because the links are not permanent, and they do not represent a finished state.

If you have questions or comments, please reach us at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Mac 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...x86_64.dmg

Mac 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0-i386.dmg

Windows 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".
NOTE 2: If you are using an ASIO device, please select the setup:
Audio System: PortAudio (default)
Driver: ASIO
Input&Output Device: {your device}

Windows 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".
NOTE 2: If you are using an ASIO device, please select the setup:
Audio System: PortAudio (default)
Driver: ASIO
Input&Output Device: {your device}

Linux 64 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.1970.tar

Linux 32 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.1970.tar

Interim build 1970 includes over 1,000 changes since the initial 3.0 release. A selection of notable changes is listed below:

Windows-specific fixes:
Fixed VST "PinConnected" feature; this fixes Plugin Alliance and probably other plugins that weren't processing audio.
Improved the accuracy of DSP% calculation by catching short "peaks" caused by operating-system latency ( readings will be higher than before )

Mac OSX-specific fixes:
Fixed AudioUnit port counting - this fixes a crash bug in NI Reaktor5, and probably others
Solved a problem with non-english accented characters which would cause following tracks and buses to be invisible.

General fixes:
Fixed a crash when reordering tracks that was introduced in interim 1610
Tweaked scroll-wheel sensitivity for channelstrip knobs
Added columns for audio file format and date to the Recent Sessions list
Allow snapshots to display update time, and be sorted by date
When moving a region up/down in layers, the change was not immediately audible; this has been fixed.
Several fixes and improvements to "Silence detection"
Tweaked some Group-creation and group management UI elements to be more consistent.
Tweaked the Import and Audio Setup dialog to avoid ambiguous "OK" buttons
Prevent "deactivate all" from affecting the channelstrip EQ and compressor; this fixes a problem where compressor gain redux is stuck showing "all red" and does not work.
Several fixes for copy/pasted midi-notes
Several fixes for re-rendering the waveform views in the background when they are missing or corrupted.
Fixed a problem where the mixer-strip hide/show checkboxes would steal keyboard focus from the mixer window.

… and fixed approximately 100 smaller bugs that were reported by users.
Thumbs Up 
(09-22-2015, 05:46 PM)Support@Harrison Wrote: Windows-specific fixes:
Fixed VST "PinConnected" feature; this fixes Plugin Alliance and probably other plugins that weren't processing audio.

FYI, this specific fix also solved the same issue with UAD-2 plug-ins as well! Woohoo!
A BIG thanks goes out to the Harrison MB3 Team!

Cheers,

Billy Buck
I was able to load both UAD and Plugin Alliance. And they worked.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

β€œIt did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Spacebar (roll/stop) in Mixer works great (focus not stolen by other mixer elements). Thank You!!
This new update is legendary. The graphics stability smoother than ever. Now I can proudly advice anybody to purchase it.
(09-23-2015, 12:21 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: Now I can proudly advice anybody to purchase it.

On Mac OSX 10.10 it's still very buggy with NI Kontakt or BFD.

Well, yes - it's NOT crashing anymore when loading Kontakt, but: Changes are not saved and "Parse errors" all over the place.
(09-23-2015, 06:42 AM)StromGTR Wrote:
(09-23-2015, 12:21 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: Now I can proudly advice anybody to purchase it.

On Mac OSX 10.10 it's still very buggy with NI Kontakt or BFD.

Well, yes - it's NOT crashing anymore when loading Kontakt, but: Changes are not saved and "Parse errors" all over the place.

Me too...
I tried on Mac OSX 10.7 and 10.8 and I had the same problem.

Have a nice day Smile
Lorenzo
It's getting better and better .. good job !!

but I will proudly advice anybody to purchase it only when it will be controllable from midi devices..

soooonnn i hope !!!
I installed all of the interim releases, except for 1610 (for some strange reason), then i read about the bug.
I have a good feeling about this release.

Jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
Bravo! The Mixbus3 1970 - Windows (x86) release seems really good.

best, john