Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-1970 "Interim Release"
I did have a weird thing happen on first opening a project.

The waveform for a track was completely gone even though the track was playing. I could even solo it an of course the meter was registering.

After closing and reopening, the waveform was there. Only did two more opens and closes and the waveform was there. No saves between any of the closes/re-opens.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

β€œIt did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
This release works great so far, thanks !
You're welcome!
Yes, i must say that so far (fingers crossed), This release works great. VST plugins which i could not use before, are now possible.
I think that interim releases with real world users should be the way to go in all of harrison's future endeavours regarding mixbus.We make a great teamBig Grin

Here's to all of the hard working people at Harrison!

Jpuvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
All P.A. plugs working well here.
Well done HMB. Smile
Thanks for doing a lot good to this release.

Strange that on my Win 7/64 hitting play when auto return playhead gets back makes a click sound whatever sound device is chosen.
It was not in the previous release
Thanks
Tassy
(09-23-2015, 12:40 PM)bapu Wrote: I did have a weird thing happen on first opening a project.

The waveform for a track was completely gone even though the track was playing. I could even solo it an of course the meter was registering.

After closing and reopening, the waveform was there. Only did two more opens and closes and the waveform was there. No saves between any of the closes/re-opens.

This is not unexpected. Waveforms are pre-rendered in the background and will appear when they're ready.
Audio I/O takes priority over visual display.

Details:
MixBus caches waveform data. The location where this data is cached has changed in 3.0.1970 to accommodate issues with non-english characters and external files. For some systems/sessions it can become necessary to re-create this cache (it's a one time operation).
In which case Mixbus will read all audio files present in the session (which may or may not take some time) and during that period the region on the timeline is empty and has a visual checker pattern.

You do not need to restart MixBus, just wait a bit. You can currently manually trigger this as well: Menu > Session > Cleanup > Reset Peak Files
Is anybody else now having problems with there Waves plugins are not working with this "Interim Release" ..?
Win 10 64 bit, intel core i7-8700, 16GB RAM, Mackie ONYX blackbird interface
(09-24-2015, 12:31 PM)Breeze007 Wrote: Is anybody else now having problems with there Waves plugins are not working with this "Interim Release" ..?

all Waves plug-ins work for me.. ( 32 and 64 versions)
Ben
(09-24-2015, 12:31 PM)Breeze007 Wrote: Is anybody else now having problems with there Waves plugins are not working with this "Interim Release" ..?

nope, everything working fine