Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-1970 "Interim Release"
(09-25-2015, 10:15 AM)tunca Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 08:11 AM)x42 Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 07:50 AM)tunca Wrote: Still not working midi import option.

Could you be more specific? Which Operating System? How does it fail?

Menu > Session > Import .. select a .mid file .. works just fine.
Also drag/drop midi from a file-browser to the timelime works here (GNU/Linux and OSX).

Win 10 x64.I'm trying to import Groove Monkey midi files or my own midi files but it doesn't import.And not working drag&drop.
Just try Groove Monkey midi files with Win 8.1, drag and drop, just works fine.

(09-25-2015, 05:49 AM)x42 Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 04:34 AM)Ivanoff Wrote: Try the 3.0.1970 "interim release" .
One thing I notice is Mixbus crash sometimes when I shut it down.

1. Menu > Session > Import (show the dialog, close it again)
  2. Select a Track in the Editor
  3. Close the session (or quit) -> Crash

If so, you can work around this by de-selecting all tracks before close/quit.
This is already fixed and will be in the next interim.

The cause is the "Import to selected Track(s)" option in the Import Dialog.

All my imports are " on a new track".
Thanks for the workaround, but it's not every times.
Windows 8.1 32bit, SawStudioLite/Mixbus4, Echo Layla 3G.
(09-24-2015, 12:37 AM)Tassy Wrote: Thanks for doing a lot good to this release.

Strange that on my Win 7/64 hitting play when auto return playhead gets back makes a click sound whatever sound device is chosen.
It was not in the previous release
Thanks
Tassy

Hi Tassy, this is unrelated but I could not find the post where you were showing the modified themes you created. I just have a question regarding if it is possible to save the modified themes?
This version is working great, but i notice some strange characters when using the draw tool (see attachment)

Jouvert

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
Hi,

Maybe it's due to my settings, but;

1 On my laptop I can't get the mixer view filling the screen.
2 Every time I startup the same session, I need to reselect portaudio/Asio driver and click the start audio engine again...

Besides from a few crashes I have the impression of having it a lot more stable since this release.
I must say that I suspect my Edirol UA-25EX soundcard to have a very shitty driver for Win 8.1... I have to reïnstall it from time to time because of not being able to find the soundcard anywhere around the system (this includes all audio related apps).

Sincerely, Benny.
in my case, it happens when i create a new session, where it i get

Port audio default - Stopped

I will then have to start it up again whenever i start mixbus

The good news is that mixbus does not try to default back to the 44kh sample rate

jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
(09-25-2015, 04:26 AM)x42 Wrote:
(09-24-2015, 07:50 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME (YES , I'M SCREAMING).

I hope because of joy Tongue

(09-24-2015, 07:50 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: FYI.......BY CHANGING THE SECURITY SETTIINGS ON THE VST FOLDERS IN WIN 7 I AM NOW ABLE TO LOAD EVERY PLUGIN I HAVE.
I TOOK TOTAL CONTROL OF THE FOLDERS HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH PLUGINS (OWNERSHIP, AUDITING AND ALL PERMISSIONS).

Would you mind elaborating? What settings were there before?

By default Mixbus runs as normal user (not administrator) and it needs to be able to read and execute plugins. Write permissions and ownership are not required.

It sounds like some other DAWs on your system run with administrator privileges and hence did not have this problem. Or maybe some Antivirus software got in the way somehow... preventing Mixbus from accessing them.

(09-24-2015, 07:50 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: AND YES, THE WAVES PLUGINS WORK BEAUTIFULLY.

Cool. I'm glad you figured this out. It might help someone else down the road.

If it's just the files (.dll), Mixbus could print a warning ("lacking permissions to open ..") to prevent such cases in the future, but if it's the complete Folder things are murky. There is potential for false positives of "Access Denied" which may confuse more users than it'll help. It's very unusual to have restrictive settings for plugins.

I took full ownership of the VST folders. I kept getting "cannot get information" errors on the DLL's. I'm running this on a Protools 10
machine. This could be the major issue. By taking the control away from Protools I seem to have allowed MB3 to do it's job. Anyway.....
this new release works very well..........Thanks Folks
(09-25-2015, 06:06 PM)Jouvert Wrote: Port audio default - Stopped

I will then have to start it up again whenever i start mixbus

jouvert

"Port audio default - Stopped" I get the same thing
Everytime i start mixbus, I have to press start on the Audio/MIDI Setup page
Win 10 64 bit, intel core i7-8700, 16GB RAM, Mackie ONYX blackbird interface
Hi all, when loading 48K projects on OS X - 1970 build, they are detected as 44.1K, I ignore the warning and force load 48K anyway, they playback fine.
Tried setting the sample rate back to 48K, won't let me.

Reaktor 5 doesn't "load" any samples on opening a previous project. Midi playback is silent. Going into Reaktor, moving off the loaded preset and back again restores functionality but only for this session. Saving, closing and reloading breaks it again.
Quote:"Port audio default - Stopped" I get the same thing
Everytime i start mixbus, I have to press start on the Audio/MIDI Setup page

FYI, I get this too in the latest Interim Release. Is this the expected behavior going forward (need to press Start to get the audio drivers going each time)?

Cheers,

Billy Buck
No one has found this version on Windows sound differet than before?

I was using 3.0.15 before I updated.

1970 on Windows sound thinner and hasher.

Anyone found this?