Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-1610 "Interim Release"
"Interim Releases" are Mixbus packages that allow users to view the current state of Mixbus development between official releases. Interim releases are best-suited to technical users who are comfortable installing and managing multiple versions of software on their machines.

You can determine which version of Mixbus you are using by visiting the "About" page. If the version says 3.0-1610 then you are already using this release.

You should only download an "interim release" if it fixes an important bug for you. Interim releases allow us to fix specific issues for our users, or beta-test new features. They are not as thoroughly tested as official releases, so you may find that an interim release is not as stable as the official releases. They might even cause damage to your session files (although we test to avoid this), so please make a backup of any important sessions before opening them in an interim release.

Currently, we are providing these packages to our registered forum members. Mixbus v3 is still a very new product and we want to provide fast and free access to updates without the delays associated with an official release schedule.

In the future, we expect Interim Releases to become an exclusive benefit of our "Plugged-In Membership"
NOTE: official updates such as v3.1 will remain free to all users.

Please do not post these links outside our forum, because the links are not permanent, and they do not represent a finished state.

If you have questions or comments, please reach us at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Mac 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...x86_64.dmg

Mac 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0-i386.dmg

Windows 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".
NOTE 2: If you are using an ASIO device, please select the setup:
Audio System: PortAudio (default)
Driver: ASIO
Input&Output Device: {your device}

Windows 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".
NOTE 2: If you are using an ASIO device, please select the setup:
Audio System: PortAudio (default)
Driver: ASIO
Input&Output Device: {your device}

Linux 64 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.1610.tar

Linux 32 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.1610.tar

Interim build 1610 includes 800+ changes since the initial 3.0 release. A selection of notable changes is listed below:

Windows-specific fixes:
In the channelstrip's "input" pulldown, audio input names could be truncated. This has been fixed.
“Select All” wasn’t working on some systems - this has been fixed.

General fixes:
Mixbus now makes it much clearer when a needed plugin is not installed on your system, and it keeps a “placeholder” in the mixer strip which preserves all the settings, so you can replace the plugin later.
Show Mixbuses and Master in the normal Editor and Mixer side panels. This allows the user to change the name more easily, and it displays the correct name in the list.
Fix undo/redo … undo/redo stack could get corrupted when a fade-length was changed.
On MIDI tracks, the Mixer-strip input button sometimes didn’t update to show the MIDI input when it was changed; this has been fixed.
Fix a display problem when trying to show automation lanes for the mix- and master- buses.
Fix a bug in resampling, during import and file-auditioning, which could cause the file to be truncated.
Updated Russian (from Alexandre Prokoudine) and German translations (from Edgar Aichinger)
… and fixed approximately 50 small crashing, freezing and minor bugs that were reported by users.
It's cool! When the UAD will give us without problems? I really hope.
Thanks Harrison for your work!
Amazing how you guys are pumping out these updates. Great work.
I think Mixbus 3 is great. It has such a great sound. Just wanted to let you know that unfortunately when I try and use ezidrummer with the latest interim release mixbus still locks up when I try and load an existing ezidrummer project.

This is no biggie I can work around it. I just hope that other plugins I like to use will work when it comes time to use them. I bought Mixbus 3 because it was advertised that it is VST compatible, I hope this turns out to be the case.

Thanks for the great product and all the hard work the mixbus team is putting into it. I really hope the VST issues are fixed in an upcoming release, if they are Mixbus would easily become my go to DAW.
Bravo. This is how the things are going on!
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
Quote:I bought Mixbus 3 because it was advertised that it is VST compatible

At the same time, this is also stated in the manual on the "known issues" page :

Quote:Some third-party plug-ins may cause crashes, strange noises, or other problems. We strive to support plug-ins as thoroughly as possible but due to the many variables (Computer platform, OS version, Mixbus version, plug-in version, licensing mechanisms, etc.) it is not possible to guarantee that all 3rd-party plug-ins will work as expected on your system.
Downloaded and installed.Working good for me.But i can't import midi files.Import or drag&drop not working.
Thank you for the new version, what i found: Amplitube and Plugin alliance spectrum mapper still don't work, Amplitube just like before only on one side, in songs made with the mb version before this one Amplitube feedbacks on the other channel. spectrum mapper still mutes the channel where it is inserted. The Installer ist not able to uninstall MB when MB ist not installed in the Program files folder, which is not that important, just wanted to report.
VST plugin support has been an issue for years in V2. Even worse in v3!
I think the use and normal work of third party plugs must be the next to be fixed for ever.

True that MB does not need as many plugs as other daws but sure needs a lot that users spent money on, like, love and have been using with success, need it in their work flow and for the sound and micbus does not have it.

So what can I do with midi and video a lot more options if a simple EQ I cannot insert to work, that worked in v2 using not 5% but 0.5 % DSP per channel with one core.

All other daws I tried used any plugs without any problem. So not the plugin manufacturers but the host is to be fixed.
Please, concentrate on that and if the present algorithm or program seems not working for 3rd parties for years, maybe it ought to be put on another base or theory.
Sometimes sticking to existing things is the only problem and a brand new is easier to make working than repairing the old for ages.
I appreciate the great work of you all and doing all efforts to meet our, often crazy and useless, wishes but I cannot get rid of the feeling that V3 developing is running fast beside the main road.
My UAD & Plugin Alliance plug-ins continue to mute the audio when inserted. They all scan and show up properly. You can successfully instantiate them in MB3, but as soon as you do the audio gets muted. Engaging the "Bypass" button on the plug-in shell or simply deleting the plug-in brings the audio back. These plug-ins work fine in MB2.5. I am not a programmer, but it seems something is seriously amiss in MB3 when is come to certain brands of plug-ins.

Cheers,

Billy Buck