Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-1610 "Interim Release"
(09-03-2015, 07:01 AM)billybk1 Wrote: ...but it seems something is seriously amiss in MB3 when is come to certain brands of plug-ins.

Hi Bill,
I think I "catch the point" here and I have the same opinion too...
Has to do with new partners also, which were involved in the "parent" software ...? Sad
(09-03-2015, 07:56 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: However we are working on the "Plugin Alliance" problem and hope to make some changes for the next interim release.

Best,
-Ben

like!

btw @Ben, on my 10.6.9 mac pro sytem the plugin alliance plugs doesnt work and on my mac mini with 10.9. PAs seem to work well!
Mac Pro 3.1 / OS 10.9.5 / 2x RME Fireface800 / Harrison Mixbus 32c / Logic Control / SPL Mixdream / Harrison Lineage /
I'm using this version in demo mode - I went to scan my plugins but there is no 'plugins' tab in Edit > Preferences. Any ideas?
There is no "demo" of Mixbus; the interim releases are only provided for existing users. You should not expect it to work without a license.

Best,
-Ben
Just as an FYI, Interim release #1610 introduced a few bugs with track ordering. I encourage most users to stay on 1508 for now, unless 1610 solves a specific problem for you.

We will resolve this mistake in an upcoming release.
(09-10-2015, 06:32 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: There is no "demo" of Mixbus; the interim releases are only provided for existing users. You should not expect it to work without a license.

Best,
-Ben

So the lack of a plugin tab is due to not having a license? Why does it give a choice of modes when you first start MB? I have a license for V2.5 - I guess I will have to purchase a V3 license to have full functionality. My reason for downloading the interim release was to see how it was working on my system before purchasing. Ardour 4 won't even let me select my soundcard - thus I can't get any further than that. I wanted to at least know if I could create a project before buying MB3!
(09-03-2015, 05:38 AM)manfreds Wrote: Thank you for the new version, what i found: Amplitube and Plugin alliance spectrum mapper still don't work, Amplitube just like before only on one side, in songs made with the mb version before this one Amplitube feedbacks on the other channel. spectrum mapper still mutes the channel where it is inserted.

There have been no changes regarding VST since the last interim release. See the release-notes that Ben posted. The situation is still unchanged.

(09-03-2015, 05:38 AM)manfreds Wrote: The Installer ist not able to uninstall MB when MB ist not installed in the Program files folder, which is not that important, just wanted to report.

Thanks for the heads up. This should work (again) in future versions.

There was a bug in how Mixbus remembered the install-dir (only relevant for 32bit versions on 32bit windows). The new/fixed version uses a different approach to remember it -- but the new un/installer does not check the old way Sad This will need to be resolved before 3.1 for users who will update 3.0 -> 3.1.
On a positive note, with the latest 1610 build I am now properly seeing my Apollo I/0 names and the ASIO implementation appears to be working as expected (using PortAudio) I had reported (see link below) in earlier releases that all of the I/O had generic names (capture_1, capture_2,capture_3, etc) and ASIO issues. It surely makes routing a whole lot easier. I know we'll get there eventually, but if I could only get my 100+ UAD plug-ins to pass/process audio, my MB3 experience would be complete. Wink

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...ml#pid8162

(09-10-2015, 11:05 AM)x42 Wrote: This will need to be resolved before 3.1 for users who will update 3.0 -> 3.1.

Will 3.0 - 3.1 be a paid update?
No, as far as i know all the updates for Mixbus 3 will be free.