Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-1268 "Interim Release"
Harrison was quick to send me the installer again. Excellent service. I couldn't ask for more.
After a little confusion during installation and vst scan, Mixbus 3 seems much more stable and responsive here. The only troublesome plugins I have are Izotope nectar 2 (+Elements) and Toontracks EZ Keys. All of the plugins that I would consider using during a mix are working fine. I wonder how much that Harrison control surface will cost and if a normal person with average income will be able to afford it.? I also wonder if it will work as a control surface for Sonar and other Daws?
Gotta start the mantra now...

"Must not buy more gear..., must not buy more gear..., must not buy more gear..., must buy Harrison control surface...DAMNIT..., must not buy more gear..." Big Grin
(07-24-2015, 11:30 AM)Ross Wrote: Thanks for the progress. Still having problems with the "freeze" function, crashes EVERY time on my main audio computer Windows 7...(and Windows 10 test computer). Sample rate changes still a little buggy but works after a restart of MB3. Using Focusrite Saffire Pro 40.

I wrote a mail to harrison support about this issue. This is what Ben replied:

Quote:Oops, that feature was not supposed to be shown. It is not practical to "freeze" tracks in Mixbus because the mixing engine must always run live. We have removed that feature and it won't appear in the upcoming versions

Best,
durfnap
(07-25-2015, 11:48 AM)dayvyg Wrote: Gotta start the mantra now...

"Must not buy more gear..., must not buy more gear..., must not buy more gear..., must buy Harrison control surface...DAMNIT..., must not buy more gear..." Big Grin

Hahaha! I have a real good feeling that the Harrison control surface will cost enough to make gas go away in a hurry.
Quote:Oops, that feature was not supposed to be shown. It is not practical to "freeze" tracks in Mixbus because the mixing engine must always run live. We have removed that feature and it won't appear in the upcoming versions

Haha, you are joking, aren't you ?
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
Again the midi is more of a bonus feature and not really the point of Mixbus 3. I will try to have that work done before getting to the mixing phase, but it's nice to have if I decide I need a cymbal crash or something. Mixing and Mastering with a beautifully sounding analog desk is what the Mixbus 3 concept is, and it's the best thing out there for that.
Mixbus3 (Interim Release) version crashes every single time when I try to export a song to Ogg or Flac formats. No issues if I export to WAV or AIFF.

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, 16 gb RAM
Mixbus 3 64bit
Working good here so far. Made some weird noise after stopping the transport the first couple of times I used it, checked silence plugins when transport is stopped in Pref/Audio/Plug-Ins, noise went away.
Other than that, working really well here. I am happy with MixBus
MacBook Pro 2.6GHz, Thunderbolt Display, OSX10.10.5, MixBus 3.1, UAD 8.5, Apollo Twin, UAD Satellite Thunderbolt Quad
Thanks so much! Purchased plugins are now loading in my 32bit Workstation!

You guys work very hard Smile

Cheers!
Joe Giampaoli
===============
Never tie a ship to a single anchor
nor life to a single hope...