Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-1268 "Interim Release"
I have to say that after I installed the new MB3 interim/beta and followed instructions
everything seems to be working fine at the moment. I was able to install some 3rd party plug-ins without any problems. I had one hiccup which caused a song to stop playing and say my processor couldn't keep up, but after I changed my DSP CPU utilization to 4 processors it's been running smoothly so far. I haven't loaded any waves plug-ins yet but the ones that I have loaded seem to be working fine.

Good work Guys
Win 10 64 bit, intel core i7-8700, 16GB RAM, Mackie ONYX blackbird interface
Great work Harrison !!!

Maybe this has been answered, but will this overwrite the standard 3.0 install directory ?
(07-23-2015, 09:45 AM)amsmarle Wrote: Thanks to the MB3 team.

I have followed instructions and loaded the new MB3 interim/beta.

I have everything that I need working fine. At the moment

Win 7 Ultimate, i5 quad core, 2340MhZ, 8 GB ram, everything loaded onto my PC, Adobe PS, Premiere, Office suite's, Cad systems, Reaper, Studio 1-2, using Asio set at 512 buffer

Cheers Guys

Alan Mullin

May I ask what your audio card / box is?
(07-23-2015, 02:26 PM)Fezzler Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 09:45 AM)amsmarle Wrote: Thanks to the MB3 team.

I have followed instructions and loaded the new MB3 interim/beta.

I have everything that I need working fine. At the moment

Win 7 Ultimate, i5 quad core, 2340MhZ, 8 GB ram, everything loaded onto my PC, Adobe PS, Premiere, Office suite's, Cad systems, Reaper, Studio 1-2, using Asio set at 512 buffer

Cheers Guys

Alan Mullin

May I ask what your audio card / box is?
Of course I should have included that info Audiobox 44VSL

Alan
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6
(07-23-2015, 09:33 AM)Summer2000 Wrote: Sadly, after trying out Mixbus 3.0-1268 "Interim Release", I am experiencing the same issue. I cannot see any of my VSTs after performing the scan for my plugins.

This is the process I took during testing:
1. Completely uninstalled the previous MB3 version.
2. Installed the interim release version
3. Cleared the VST cache and blacklist
4. All options enabled (always display plugin scan, scan for new VST plugins,, verbose plugin scan)
5. Added the path to my VST plugins (I pointed to one specific folder like "EQs" at a time during testing)
6. Pressed Scan for Plugins. Scan completed successfully with no errors.
7. Went to a track, right click, selected "New Plugin", and saw none of the plugins I added.
8. Closed MB3, restarted MB3
9. A scan for my plugins was automatically performed during startup.
10. Created a new song, added a track
11. Went to add a plugin and again found none of my VSTs

I was really hoping this issue would be resolved by now. Oh well.

Hey Summer2000. What is your VST path? I was having the same problem with my VST's. I had two paths - one was inside the Cakewalk folder because I use Sonar. The other inside the Steinberg folder of Cubase. I noticed that only the few VST's I had in C:/Program Files/VSTplugins showed up. So I moved everything to that folder and they all showed up. Now some of them have to be reinstalled because you can't just moved them like that but they showed up. So maybe just like the license file has to be on the home folder, so does the VST folder. Hope that helps.
(07-23-2015, 09:33 AM)Summer2000 Wrote: Sadly, after trying out Mixbus 3.0-1268 "Interim Release", I am experiencing the same issue. I cannot see any of my VSTs after performing the scan for my plugins.

Apart from keeping separate indices for 32 and 64bit, the only change to VST so far was to add more verbose logging (menu > window > log) during scanning to get information to understand the issues on some systems.

When you say "my plugins", do you mean you're the author? Would you mind adding debug information or make them available to Mixbus devs for testing?

(07-23-2015, 01:23 PM)Jay Gilb Wrote: Maybe this has been answered, but will this overwrite the standard 3.0 install directory ?

Windows: yes. (in fact, an uninstaller should come when installing the new version). 32 and 64bit variants can be installed in parallel but only one version of each at a time. To downgrade, (reboot and) simply run the installer of the original version.

Linux: no. (Mixbus goes to /opt/Mixbus-<VERSION>, multiple versions can be installed in parallel, but the Desktop-launch icon will point to the latest and the installer will ask to uninstall older versions, you can choose "no")

OSX: n/a (you can drag the .app bundle to any location)
(07-23-2015, 04:59 PM)tinoroho Wrote: Hey Summer2000. What is your VST path? I was having the same problem with my VST's. I had two paths - one was inside the Cakewalk folder because I use Sonar. The other inside the Steinberg folder of Cubase. I noticed that only the few VST's I had in C:/Program Files/VSTplugins showed up. So I moved everything to that folder and they all showed up. Now some of them have to be reinstalled because you can't just moved them like that but they showed up. So maybe just like the license file has to be on the home folder, so does the VST folder. Hope that helps.

I do have a custom VST folder on my system. I tried moving some over to C:/Program Files/VSTplugins directory. They still don't show up from there either.
Ok.... Here's an Update ... I was previously having problems using UAD/Plugin Alliance/SONNOX plugins.... as in that the plugins would show but upon choosing any one of them then changing any of the parameters yielded no results. You wouldn't hear any sound changes.. In other words the plugins act like there's no signal going through them... Now in this interim version of Mixbus, the problem still exists... However, upon trying a suggestion by a fellow MB3 user, I tried JBRIDGE... and this has worked and is working well in this interim version of mixbus... For me, i did try JBRIDGE in the original MB3 but it would crash when i try to load a JBridged plugin.... However, in this Interim version I can report that it IS Working now. All UAD/PLUGIN ALLIANCE/SONNOX plugins are now working with JBRDIGE.... (However, i would like that they work natively like they should but i'm grateful for this alternative and appreciate the Harrison dudes for the quick updates)
MB: Gigabyte EX-58-Ud3r
CPU: Intel i7 920 (3.8ghz)
Ram: 6 Gigs
SSD: Samsung 250 evo (C DRIVE)
HDD: 2 Terabytes/500gig HDD's
Audio Interface: 3 Yamaha N8 Mixers (the mixer equivalent of 3 MR816x's)
Daw: Cubase 8 & Mixbus 2.5/3.0
(07-23-2015, 05:58 PM)x42 Wrote:

Apart from keeping separate indices for 32 and 64bit, the only change to VST so far was to add more verbose logging (menu > window > log) during scanning to get information to understand the issues on some systems.

When you say "my plugins", do you mean you're the author? Would you mind adding debug information or make them available to Mixbus devs for testing?

"My plugins" was a reference to the 3rd party VSTs as opposed to Harrison plugins that come with MB3.
I've contacted support by email and sent them the log file. Ben is currently working the case with me.

C.J. - I tried the JBridge option too but that didn't work for me either

I'm willing to try anything at this point to make this thing work.
(07-23-2015, 07:21 PM)Summer2000 Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 05:58 PM)x42 Wrote:

"My plugins" was a reference to the 3rd party VSTs as opposed to Harrison plugins that come with MB3.
I've contacted support by email and sent them the log file. Ben is currently working the case with me.

C.J. - I tried the JBridge option too but that didn't work for me either

I'm willing to try anything at this point to make this thing work.

Dang bro... i was now gonna send you a message to try Jbridge......... Sorry that it ain't working bro....Sad

I can understand how frustrating that could be..... But it's really a weird problem though..... I'm taxing my brain trying to figure out what could cause Mb3 to not see the plugins even though you scanned them...........Huh
MB: Gigabyte EX-58-Ud3r
CPU: Intel i7 920 (3.8ghz)
Ram: 6 Gigs
SSD: Samsung 250 evo (C DRIVE)
HDD: 2 Terabytes/500gig HDD's
Audio Interface: 3 Yamaha N8 Mixers (the mixer equivalent of 3 MR816x's)
Daw: Cubase 8 & Mixbus 2.5/3.0