Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32C v9 - New Mixer! New Sound! - Now Available
This is an amazing upgrade! Great work!
(03-23-2023, 01:16 AM)kmsaudio Wrote: This is an amazing upgrade! Great work!

Just played  with this in demo mode.
It's everything I like !
Gate and comp inline, love it.
Will be upgrading asp.
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.
Works great. This is a really big bang. I already upgrared. However, the license is just on the way, because I paid by wire transfer. Big Grin
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

Lightbulb 
upgraded, loaded an old session, stupid question: where are the Eq s? The channel is populated with mixbus routing and dynamics (compressor , gate, etc) but nowhere to click to find the equalizer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yeah, Harrison-People! Congrats and thanks, what a nice update!!

Upgraded and did two mixes (one from scratch one with a basic v8 Layout), impressions so far:
- Installation/Update worked flawless and so far v9 is rock solid.
- I was afraid of all the new engine-stuff would come with higher cpu load, but it's absolutely fine und I'd say same as before. Yay! (Win10, intel i5 System)
- Sad but true (for me): I don't think mixing in v9 as it's intended to be works on a Full HD Screen anymore, constant switching of the processor-"windows" is like the opposite of what "flow" is meant to be (Key-Commands work well though and technically it's possible!). My Studio-Workstation is a trusty Full HD Height System and I was rather disappointed first because "everything is hidden alle the time?" until I saw it on my 4K Notebook. System Requirements say Height of 1200 (I'd say: 1600px) is highly recommended, so: fair enough...

- Love the orange Drive Option with it's literally quite exciting character. Very nice to have both options!
- new Channel Filter is smooth, really like the new shape/voicing
- EQ is Gold, still amazing how good it reacts to fine adjustments!

- my biggest 'real' complaint is the new Comp GR-Meter. As mentioned here before the old layout with the threshold-fader next to the the Channel-meter just worked sooo good but why is the GR-Meter halved in it's resolution? "Is it -1dB, is it -3dB? One can only guess!" Please, please, bring back the good-old 1dB-stepped GR-Meter. (there is space enough when the (sufficient!) Gate-Meter moves down a bit)

- And one question: is there a way old Comp-Settings are converted to the v9 Comps when opening older session in v9? Like "deafult values equals old behaviour" or do old sessions need to be treated/readjusted completely?
(03-23-2023, 06:10 AM)calimerox Wrote: upgraded, loaded an old session, stupid question: where are the Eq s? The channel is populated with mixbus routing and dynamics (compressor , gate, etc) but nowhere to click to find the equalizer.

Click the "32C EQ" Field next to the Pan-Pot or Key Command "Shift-E"
Really great news! Finally vst3 multi out is here, and all the other things looks really promising. Though I'm waiting for the release of the "regular" Mixbus version. I hope it will also have everything that is new to 32C. Is there an approximate release date for plain Mixbus?
Congrats on the release!
First day of work in v9.
So far so great. Really!
And @Dingo, I'm sure you're right about the compressor section. That it simply takes a little time getting used to, and then it's just as quick as before. Shift+C is already getting into my hands.

But could we please have back the "3,1db@658hz" in the 32C eq?
I think it's really handy.
Now it says 3,1 db. And then the other button says 658 hz.
I keep on going back and forth to check my frequencies.
Just one more thing. For a moment I got really excited, because I clicked on the link "Software download page" that is in the first post of this thread, and on that page the Mixbus description says: "The current version of Mixbus is 9.0.1". But unfortunately it is not. It's v8.2.184. Maybe you should correct it, guys.
bought it yesterday but still no confirmation mail in my inbox. Is the mail lost?
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2