Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32C v9 - New Mixer! New Sound! - Now Available
Upgraded to 9.... wonderful mixer redesign. I love the flat style. It would be nice if the levels meter of comp, gate,leveler are not led but the same of level's faders and cap's faders are more thin..... more stylus....
Harrison Mixbus 32c v9, Cubase 12, Reaper, Wavelab 11, macOS 13.3. Apple Mac mini M1 16GB Ram 512GB SSD. Many Plugins,Instruments and Gadgets.
Tongue 
Finally the justification for a second 4k screen  Big Grin
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
This is looking great! Smile
Is there a crossgrade offer for Mixbus users?
@ThomC:  I believe you can access the crossgrade by visiting our software downloads page and click "Account History".    Please tell me if that doesn't provide it for you.

Tomorrow we will be sending out emails to the prior Mixbus users.

Best,
-Ben
(03-22-2023, 06:08 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote:   Some of those ideas are on our 'potential changes' list for 9.1. 

Some things that seem annoying at first aren't a big deal once you get used to them.

Ben, I appreciate your attention and communication, thanks.

Re: The Comp inside the Fader. You have lost one of your main marketing points by removing it.

To work with the Comp is harder now.

1. Confusing upside down meters, short. Same color, two identical meters close to each other = much more brain energy spent to discern

2. On smaller screens one needs to click on TINY rectangular button (should be square) or use keyboard = much more muscle work + brain work

3. Fast and simple comp controls were replaced by extensive ones = gain in granularity of control, loss of speed and simplicity

4. I suggest to bring back the old rectangular cap on the comp threshhold lever to differentiate between Comp and Gate and to provide custom colors (update: ok, I found it, sorry) for the knobs because these two sections look too similar now = will result in less brain calculations = less fatigue

5. For usability benefit I would suggest to make the long rectangular knobs for Gate, Comp, Eq, Sends SQUARE in order to maximize the area for hitting it with the mouse cursor = less brain and muscle work

It is true that a man adapts easily, but is it correct to expect it nowdays? This is not a hardware domain, in digital UI developers must always strive for optimizing the interface because it is the main thing for the users. After all Mixbus is all about user experience, isn`t it?
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
(03-22-2023, 07:19 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @ThomC:  I believe you can access the crossgrade by visiting our software downloads page and click "Account History".    Please tell me if that doesn't provide it for you.

Tomorrow we will be sending out emails to the prior Mixbus users.

Best,

-Ben

It works Smile thanks a lot for your help Ben!
Hi Ben

I haven't gotten an e-mail for the $79 coupon. Every time there is an upgrade I have to mail you. There must be something wrong with the database.
Danny Miller
(03-22-2023, 07:25 PM)Andy76 Wrote: 5. For usability benefit I would suggest to make the long rectangular knobs for Gate, Comp, Eq, Sends SQUARE in order to maximize the area for hitting it with the mouse cursor = less brain and muscle work

@Andy76:   I agree that the 'switcher' buttons are pretty small.  Maybe we can tweak the size in a future update.  But for now, you can use the provided shortcuts (in the 'view' menu) to switch the elements on & off.
While still a big fan of the update, I agree that the compressor has become a bit less quick and accessible.
Could it be an option to keep the old Comp settings by the fader, and the open the Comp section for tweaking attack, release, emphasis when you need those?

I've always wondered about this, by the way: Is the compressor modelled from/inspired by/borrowed from somewhere, or is it entirely its own, built from scratch?
@krans, I had the same reaction when first testing v9, took about one mix before I changed my mind - the new layout makes mixing so fast and I can tell instantly what's happening on Comp and Gate at the same time. Try it for a while I think you will find that you get very quickly used to the change.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5