Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus32C: v8.0.106 - Update Now Available
Fixes and improvements in v8.0.106  (since the original release) include:

• The XT-GV GVerb+  plugin license was not being recognized.  This has been fixed.
  • Fixed the tempo-map for sessions where initial meter (and therefore 1|0|0) was moved to non-zero location
  • Fixed behavior of the option 'move automation with regions'
  • Replace the missing tickmarks on faders
  • Fixed nudge-playhead-backward action
  • When switching to midi 'layered' region mode, the midi piano is now hidden since it does not align with the midi regions
  • Correctly restore the mixer-list pane sizes for the mixer window
  • Keep export-format dialog on top of export dialog
  • Fixed an issue with the mixer-sidebar treeview not listing VST3 user-presets
  • In the Add Track/Bus Dialog, change the default setting of the "Show On Cues" toggle button to OFF
  • Use terminology "time signature" instead of Meter everywhere  (meter is too easily confused with audio metering)
  • Fixed some graphical glitches when resizing tracks, and generally improve the speed of resizing tracks vertically
  • Improvement the speed of drawing & editing MIDI regions with lots of midi pitch-bend events
  • Optimize ACE High/Low-Pass Filter plugin dsp performance a bit
  • Fixed a crash when exporting multiple timespans with MIDI tracks
  • Clarify stop-at-session-end preference tooltip
  • Allow port-resampling (varispeed) to use all processor cores again
  • Video import/export overhaul and ffmpeg-5.0 compatibility
  •     Update command-line parameters for ffmpeg 5.0
  •     Simplify video-export GUI; allow only standard settings
  • Mackie MCU protocol fixes (thanks to Caleb Potter!)
  •    fixed an issue where monitor section gets stuck on mute
  •    fixed an issue where MCP controller strips got stranded switching banks
  •    add MCP button to toggle between master fader and monitor fader
  • Improvements to iCon Pro Audio control surface support (thanks to Caleb Potter):
  •    remap button handlers specific to iCon QCon ProG2
  •    add support for iCon QCon ProG2 controller
  •    add support for iCon Platform X+ extenders with iCon Platform M+
  •    add support for iCon Platform M+ controller

To get the latest software, visit the Harrison store and register for a Mixbus32C installer/demo:
https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspri...2c-v8-demo

Reminder: you can always get the latest version of AVA, Mixbus and Mixbus32C software from the Harrison Software Downloads page on our new website:

Harrison Software Downloads Page

Big thanks to all of our users who reported these issues!

-Ben
I'm so happy for this, thank you!
Especially the "automation move with region" part has been crucial for me.

But as I'm now starting to use v8, I notice quite immediately that even though Show Automation Lane On Touch is ticked (it's a feature I love), this does not work for Fader anymore (as opposed to v7). It works for other parameters I touch, but not Fader.
Is this on purpose, or is it a bug?

In case this isn't the case for everyone, I'm on Linux.
Hi Ben, I have received the offer to upgrade to version 8, but I am not sure I am ready yet. Is there a date this special pricing to upgrade for existing users will expire? I don't want to miss out, but I'm also not ready to seal the deal.
David
MacMini 2020 M1 Ventura 13.6 Upgraded to Sonoma 14.4.1 16GB 512GB + 8TB Ext Storage - Focusrite 18i20+ADA8200+AXE I/O One - SSL UF8+UC1 - MixBus 10
(04-16-2022, 08:19 PM)davidqp Wrote: Hi Ben, I have received the offer to upgrade to version 8, but I am not sure I am ready yet. Is there a date this special pricing to upgrade for existing users will expire? I don't want to miss out, but I'm also not ready to seal the deal.

So far, upgrade prices are forever.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Mac Users:
For Apple Mac ( 10.10 or newer ) click here (MacOS)
This package is for Mac versions: Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey

So lately Nathan said no more 32 bit,
I got 64 bit Macmini3,1s then, and MB32C v8 won't lounch on
these Minis with 10.9.5
but it should as stated in the eMail receipt above
???
And in the eMail from Fastspring it says
We will send full installation instructions (including additional download links for older 32bit computers) to your registered email address.

And here the crash log on launch...
Process: Mixbus32C-8 [826]
Path: /Applications/Mixbus32C-8.0.106 .app/Contents/MacOS/Mixbus32C-8
Identifier: com.harrisonconsoles.Mixbus32C-8
Version: 8.0.106 (8.0.106)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [155]
Responsible: Mixbus32C-8 [826]
User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2022-04-18 13:53:21.281 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 8BC35A40-F9D7-6831-1D11-142633F5D7FA

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _clock_gettime
Referenced from: /Applications/Mixbus32C-8.0.106 .app/Contents/MacOS/../lib/libpbd.dylib
Expected in: flat namespace

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 dyld 0x00007fff6b87309d dyld_fatal_error + 1
1 dyld 0x00007fff6b875df6 dyld::fastBindLazySymbol(ImageLoader**, unsigned long) + 171
2 libdyld.dylib 0x00007fff8ae642dd dyld_stub_binder_ + 13
3 ??? 0x0000000109406000 0 + 4450181120
4 libardour.dylib 0x000000010812e7f3 ARDOUR::AudioEngine::AudioEngine() + 1011
5 libardour.dylib 0x000000010812fc68 ARDOUR::AudioEngine::create() + 40
6 libardour.dylib 0x00000001082717a6 ARDOUR::init(bool, char const*, bool) + 2982
7 com.harrisonconsoles.Mixbus32C-8 0x0000000106edddd0 main + 1936
8 libdyld.dylib 0x00007fff8ae665fd start + 1
Sooo....
32 bit versions available too ?
Please fix and I'll be interested...

;-)
Thanks

Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
Ok, this upgrade introduces some new issues for me:

1/ As mentioned, moving the Fader doesn't make a fader automation lane even though Show Automation Lane on Touch is ticked.
Other parameters make lanes.

2/ The changes in ACE High/Low Pass FIlter make the lowpass filter work in left channel only. Right channel isn't filtered.
The highpass filter works as expected in both channels.

I'm a real Mixbus 32C fanboi, I truly love this software. It's where I spend my days.
But at the moment I feel like I'm (involuntarily) bugtracking Mixbus more than I'm enjoying it.
I bought v8 almost a month ago, and still haven't started using it, because of these new bugs keep on being introduced.

v7 (7.2.0) is such a stable release, I really hope we're getting there with v8 also.
thanks Klaus. I use Mixbus daily but there are some actions that I don't use all that often so its helpful to report bugs when you find them as you may use other features that I won't and therefore the team can get them fixed asap.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(04-18-2022, 04:58 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote: thanks Klaus.  I use Mixbus daily but there are some actions that I don't use all that often so its helpful to report bugs when you find them as you may use other features that I won't and therefore the team can get them fixed asap.

Yea, I'm sorry if I came out grumpy.
It doesn't suit me. Or anyone. Shy 

You're absolutely right, different workflows reveal different issues.
My way of working, my methods and tasks make me discover pretty quickly issues related to automation, and things like behaviour in large projects when moving around a mixture of midi regions and audio. Stuff like that.
While on the other hand, I wouldn't discover bugs in TapeX, which I still haven't come to use properly.

I guess my frustration with v8 comes from the feeling of "but this used to work just fine, and now it's broken".

I'll stick with v7 a little longer. And hopefully join in on v8 by the next crossroads. Smile
It has come to our attention that the 8.0.106 package has a random but frequent crash when zooming/scrolling in the editor.

Unfortunately we won't be able to fix this "zooming" crash today.

I encourage everyone to revert to the original 8.0.17 release until we resolve this.

I've updated the store links for the Mixbus32C demo/installer. If you click the link in your installation email, it should now provide the 0.17 build.

Or if you've discarded your installation email, you can get a new one from the Mixbus32C demo/installer product:
https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspri...2c-v8-demo

We'll get this sorted as quickly as possible and publish a new update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

-Ben
Hi there, it's been a while.... I just noticed V8 is out but I didn't receive the upgrade offer, could you please link me to it?

Thanks!
Dirk