Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus32C: v8.0.106 - Update Now Available
(04-28-2022, 02:42 AM)johne53 Wrote: Jeff - the zooming crash was a tricky one but it got fixed a couple of days ago (so should be back to normal in the next release...)

It seems the zooming crash was fixed more than 2 weeks ago.
Mixbus 32C v8 was released 1 month and 3 weeks ago.
I still haven't started to use it, as the versions so far have been to buggy for my daily use.
I just have a license collecting dust in my home folder.

Any news on when a new build will be released?
I also think it's time to get a more stable version. However, stable and fast often contradict each other.
I'd rather wait a little longer ;-)
Guys,

What is happening?

Many of us have paid for an upgrade to V8 that has proved to be an utterly unuseable disaster. I've had to abandon 32C, as I'm sure many have, because of many, many issues.
We've all waited quietly for an update - but there's not even been verbal updates, let alone a code update.

I'm a code developer, so understand the issues, however, the radio silence is not helping anyone!

(04-14-2022, 12:44 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Fixes and improvements in v8.0.106  (since the original release) include:

• The XT-GV GVerb+  plugin license was not being recognized.  This has been fixed.
  • Fixed the tempo-map for sessions where initial meter (and therefore 1|0|0) was moved to non-zero location
  • Fixed behavior of the option 'move automation with regions'
  • Replace the missing tickmarks on faders
  • Fixed nudge-playhead-backward action
  • When switching to midi 'layered' region mode, the midi piano is now hidden since it does not align with the midi regions
  • Correctly restore the mixer-list pane sizes for the mixer window
  • Keep export-format dialog on top of export dialog
  • Fixed an issue with the mixer-sidebar treeview not listing VST3 user-presets
  • In the Add Track/Bus Dialog, change the default setting of the "Show On Cues" toggle button to OFF
  • Use terminology "time signature" instead of Meter everywhere  (meter is too easily confused with audio metering)
  • Fixed some graphical glitches when resizing tracks, and generally improve the speed of resizing tracks vertically
  • Improvement the speed of drawing & editing MIDI regions with lots of midi pitch-bend events
  • Optimize ACE High/Low-Pass Filter plugin dsp performance a bit
  • Fixed a crash when exporting multiple timespans with MIDI tracks
  • Clarify stop-at-session-end preference tooltip
  • Allow port-resampling (varispeed) to use all processor cores again
  • Video import/export overhaul and ffmpeg-5.0 compatibility
  •     Update command-line parameters for ffmpeg 5.0
  •     Simplify video-export GUI; allow only standard settings
  • Mackie MCU protocol fixes (thanks to Caleb Potter!)
  •    fixed an issue where monitor section gets stuck on mute
  •    fixed an issue where MCP controller strips got stranded switching banks
  •    add MCP button to toggle between master fader and monitor fader
  • Improvements to iCon Pro Audio control surface support (thanks to Caleb Potter):
  •    remap button handlers specific to iCon QCon ProG2
  •    add support for iCon QCon ProG2 controller
  •    add support for iCon Platform X+ extenders with iCon Platform M+
  •    add support for iCon Platform M+ controller

To get the latest software, visit the Harrison store and register for a Mixbus32C installer/demo:
https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspri...2c-v8-demo

Reminder: you can always get the latest version of AVA, Mixbus and Mixbus32C software from the Harrison Software Downloads page on our new website:

Harrison Software Downloads Page

Big thanks to all of our users who reported these issues!

-Ben
@Mallory: I'm very sorry for the delay! We were a little embarrassed about the 8.0.106 hotfix having a major bug when zooming&scrolling, so we decided to un-publish that update and take our time with the next release.

The 8.0.17 release (the original 8.0 upgrade) was very well tested and we think that's the best solution for most people, despite the list of issues that were fixed in the hotfix.

We are working very fast to publish a well-tested and complete update.

Best,
-Ben
Hello, It seems that on the linux release of 8.0.17  once again the Groove Monkey content was not visible in Mixbus. 
When I checked my filesystem for it  I found the folder under /opt/Mixbus32C-8.0.17/share/media/
to be read only and owned by root:

It is a quick to solve issue by running 
Code:
chmod -R go+rx /opt/Mixbus.8.0.17/share/media/Groove\ Monkee\ MIDI\ Drums/ 

But it should not be there as not everyone is capable of finding and solving that.

Regards,
Erwin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey Ben.

Is there any news for the next update. I get a lot of marketing messages from Harrison, but nothing about this. I don't want to be mean, but I think it's been a long time. Are you all right there?
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

@Sojuzstudio

Yes, we are alright Smile

A big update is coming 'soon'. Sorry for the delay.

-Ben
(06-02-2022, 09:50 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Sojuzstudio

Yes, we are alright  Smile

A big update is coming 'soon'.  Sorry for the delay.

-Ben

Hi Guys,

Can we have a definition of what 'soon' means please. This statement is itself now getting quite old!
Wow. Today it's 3 months since v8 was released.
And I'm going into summer holiday still using v7, as the two builds so far have been too buggy in the wrong places for me (places where v7 is working flawlessly).

I really love Mixbus 32C, but I have to say that the release and handling of v8 hasn't been very elegant.
I'm pretty close to demanding my €83 upgrade fee back and wait for v9 instead. But then again, I'm a fanboy and I want to make sure you have the economy to develop Mixbus 32C further.
Just feel unsatisfying paying so much for something I still can't use.

I hope v8.1 will solve the issues and be a great one.
(06-23-2022, 03:52 AM)krans Wrote: Wow. Today it's 3 months since v8 was released.
And I'm going into summer holiday still using v7, as the two builds so far have been too buggy in the wrong places for me (places where v7 is working flawlessly).

I really love Mixbus 32C, but I have to say that the release and handling of v8 hasn't been very elegant.
I'm pretty close to demanding my €83 upgrade fee back and wait for v9 instead. But then again, I'm a fanboy and I want to make sure you have the economy to develop Mixbus 32C further.
Just feel unsatisfying paying so much for something I still can't use.

I hope v8.1 will solve the issues and be a great one.

Yes - I second that!!!