Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v7.0150 - Update Now Available
The license for MB v7 will work for -all- v7 updates and point-level releases (eg, 7.1, 7.2, etc.).
Additionally, "MB" licenses only work for "MB" releases and "MB32C" licenses only work for "MB32C" releases.
It's not clear whether v7.0.150 is your first v7 installation or if you were already running an earlier v7

Have you tried contacting Harrison Support ?

[Edit...] Or have you accidentally installed 32C when you only have a license for non-32C ?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Hmmm... so were your previous licenses for a Windows machine but you've installed the software onto a Mac now? If that's the case I'm pretty sure it's allowed under the license - except that your licenses will be on the other machine. It sounds like something that'll be easy to resolve. Just email support:- support@harrisonconsoles.com
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(05-26-2021, 06:11 AM)jackterje Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 01:51 AM)johne53 Wrote: It's not clear whether v7.0.150 is your first v7 installation or if you were already running an earlier v7

Have you tried contacting Harrison Support ?

[Edit...] Or have you accidentally installed 32C when you only have a license for non-32C ?Hi, 
Hello again Smile

I have installed mixbus32c-7 earlier, (when they gave us mixbus users a good deal).
Now i got both mixbus and mixbus32c-7 on my macbook.I have license for both.

I use the link up in front of this forum thread to download my "upgrade" til mixbus32c-7.0.150. They dont charge me for any money, so i assumed that this was an upgrade.

When i double click on the Mixbus-7.0.150-MacOS-(10.6.9_or_newer)-64bit.dmg packet it mount an disc, then i could "move" the application mixbus-7 to the "application folder" on the Macbook ( im a windows guy, so just do what i been told in the macworld) after few moments i could find the program and just click on a new Mixbus-7 icon.... so now i got Three mixbus Daw on my macbook... (mixbus icon white, mixbus32c-7 icon gold/brown and mixbus7 icon white)  it was no "upgrade" or replacing of any files.... and yes i understand that Harrison want me to buy an license for the "new" mixbus7.

Is it anything wrong i do when it should upgrade the mixbus32c-7??

Thanks for replies Wink

You can have Mixbus on as many devices as you own in parallel. It's a personal license, it's tied to you as person, not to a specific computer. Hence you copy the license file into your personal folder and that's it. You can do this even on a machine you don't own - as long as it's you who's using the software - and to get away clean i would delete the license file when the work is done.
It's that liberal - trust into the user instead of restrictions. In my day job more than half of the IT problems are caused by licensing and restrictions mechanisms clashing...

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(05-12-2021, 01:01 PM)DannyBoy Wrote: Harrison should inform all users via email when any update is available, that's a normal procedure all over the world.

- I need to download a Demo version to update?

- I have to login and fill out data you already got?

- I get new Welcome mails on every update, even through the fact that i am registred user?

- No update feature directly inside MB32C?

- Users will only be informed on "hole number" updates?

That's so 1992!

Please change this procedure, its LAME!

And yes! Jeff is right if you ask me.

I´ve found out for myself that the download links Harrison sent me after upgrading to version 7 still can be used to download even the latest version 
of Mixbus/Mixbus 32c. If one still got this email (I´ve have saved it myself as a PDF on my backup drive once) which contained the download link for the license 
as well as 3 download links (for Mac/Windows/Linux) for the version you had bought at that time, he can use it again to download even the current version. 

It has to be the right main version though. You cannot use the links from version 6 to download the latest version of 7. However I think that is quite obvious. 

So no need to download the Demo and fill out any data again. 

Update feature inside of Mixbus/Mixbus 32c would be a nice thing to have though indeed. 

Cheers.
...and thanks guys, its a really good update again! 

Even more stability on two different Mac-systems (High Sierra, Big Sur) and all the Universal Audio plugins are working like a charm. 

Unlike on other systems on both of mine even my own key commands survived. 

Anyway. Great job, guys! Thanks.
Considering that the Rec window is the only real new stuff for me (I don't use Waves plugins anymore for years now) I must say I bought version more to support the company than for features. I hope we will have some real evolutions soon, because the upgrade fee is steep compared to the software evolution.
Supporting the company is great of course - but I certainly wouldn't say the upgrade fee is steep - have you seen the price for upgrading Cubase? Or Studio One? Or Pro Tools? All of which I've owned and paid for since they came into existence! I'm sticking at 8.5 for Cubase (which I only keep for clients) as they want nearly 160 € to upgrade (though 95 in the sale at the moment) and Studio One is 147€, so Mixbus is an absolute bargain.
There was little in it for me, too, this time. But perhaps a lot for others. Next time around it may be different. That's the way it is but I never question supporting an overall positive development. As Scardanelli said: it's a bargain anyway.

Cheers, MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(07-08-2021, 06:58 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: There was little in it for me, too, this time. But perhaps a lot for others. Next time around it may be different. That's the way it is but I never question supporting an overall positive development. As Scardanelli said: it's a bargain anyway.

Cheers, MMM

My comparison was based on Reaper's policy...
Not sure about the "bargain" as Mixbus has crashed with a live recording in the rec window, and I was supposed to use it for video editing.