Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v7.0150 - Update Now Available
(05-11-2021, 08:39 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @jeff_sloan:  We never published a 7.0.140 of Mixbus32C.

Since Mixbus was launched a month after 32C, we were able to incorporate a few changes into that release, that didn't make it into the Mixbus32C release;  hence it has a higher build number (.140  compared to .0)

Now the 2 products are synced-up again,  and the release numbers will be the same throughout the v7.x series.

We typically only send emails for the .x feature releases, not the smaller hotfix releases:  so the next email you get will be for 7.1

-Ben

Hi Ben,
Thank you for the response.
So when MB (non 32C) was released, it came with the file name of 7.0.140 as the first publicly available?
I didn't download it, I don't know.

But as far as "hotfixes"....
Don't you think your loyal user and fanbase would want and deserve any issues "fixed" as soon as possible?
Not letting your customers know that there are fixes for issues available as soon as possible sounds like a very mis-thought policy, and would come across as not caring about your customers.

Even if I or someone else is not experiencing an issue now, I would rather apply the fix now, rather than have it pop up in the middle of a paying customer's time in my studio, and then later find out I could have prevented it in the first place had I known and applied the fix. We don't wait till we get a virus before we load any updates to our AV software, we update as often as possible to try and be pro-active.

I would think a more pro-active approach would help your customers, and your reputation.

Sorry to harp, I just want to help.
For anyone interested in keeping his/her keyboard shortcuts in the new version. I made a copy of “mixbus.keys” located in User/Library/Preferences/Mixbus7 and renamed it to “ardour.keys”. Then I replaced “ardour.keys” inside Mixbus32C-7.app/Contents/Resources (through Show Package Contents). This temporary solution is for advanced Mac users only and seems to work OK for my needs. I can’t verify 100% that everything will work for you and you should keep copies of original files just in case. YMMV
Harrison should inform all users via email when any update is available, that's a normal procedure all over the world.

- I need to download a Demo version to update?

- I have to login and fill out data you already got?

- I get new Welcome mails on every update, even through the fact that i am registred user?

- No update feature directly inside MB32C?

- Users will only be informed on "hole number" updates?

That's so 1992!

Please change this procedure, its LAME!

And yes! Jeff is right if you ask me.
(05-12-2021, 06:39 AM)Lese Wrote: For anyone interested in keeping his/her keyboard shortcuts in the new version. I made a copy of “mixbus.keys” located in User/Library/Preferences/Mixbus7 and renamed it to “ardour.keys”. Then I replaced “ardour.keys” inside Mixbus32C-7.app/Contents/Resources (through Show Package Contents). This temporary solution is for advanced Mac users only and seems to work OK for my needs. I can’t verify 100% that everything will work for you and you should keep copies of original files just in case. YMMV

I would not advise doing it this way. The ardour.keys file in the application package is the system restorer.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-12-2021, 02:22 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 06:39 AM)Lese Wrote: For anyone interested in keeping his/her keyboard shortcuts in the new version. I made a copy of “mixbus.keys” located in User/Library/Preferences/Mixbus7 and renamed it to “ardour.keys”. Then I replaced “ardour.keys” inside Mixbus32C-7.app/Contents/Resources (through Show Package Contents). This temporary solution is for advanced Mac users only and seems to work OK for my needs. I can’t verify 100% that everything will work for you and you should keep copies of original files just in case. YMMV

I would not advise doing this. The ardour.keys file in the application package is the system restorer. If you modify that and screw your system there is no way to get back to default.

I dare to say that you don't understand how it works.. You just replace the "damaged" app with a new copy from the .dmg, that's all. It's for advanced Mac users no doubt, but you have to be sort of "advanced" to work with Mixbus all these years I'm afraid
(05-12-2021, 01:01 PM)DannyBoy Wrote: Harrison should inform all users via email when any update is available, that's a normal procedure all over the world.

- I need to download a Demo version to update?

- I have to login and fill out data you already got?

- I get new Welcome mails on every update, even through the fact that i am registred user?

- No update feature directly inside MB32C?

- Users will only be informed on "hole number" updates?

That's so 1992!

Please change this procedure, its LAME!

And yes! Jeff is right if you ask me.

+1
Cool
(05-10-2021, 11:34 PM)TSTstudio Wrote: Sorry to say, but it still lagging on my Mac Mojave Sad

/Tom

Fast traslate
Icon translate
@TSTstudio what are the settings you have in "Signal processing users"? "all but one processor" or "all available processors"?
I used the "all available processors" configuration but had lagging problems in the GUI (the meters started not responding or getting slow after a while) and in reality it is not even recommended by default in the Mixbus user manual. I had changed that setting because I thought it was improving performance, but I was wrong. Since I changed it to "all but one processor" (default setting) I stopped having this problem (don't forget to restart Mixbus for this change to take effect, if this is also your problem).
BR
So is there a V7.0.150 for 32C with the PLUS Character Bundle? Or is this just a teaser for regular V7 users? Will we advanced users have to wait till the November sale? If anyone has a link (BEN?) for this I am sure many of us would appreciate it! Big Grin
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
Just upgraded to 7.0.150 Windows. Loaded up the last project I did. It seemed to load a bit faster and use less CPU. Not a big project but drums are Superior Drummer, 3 guitar tracks processed into AmpliTube 5 and bass is Brainworx SVT-VR, plus some outboard T-Racks processing for reverb and compressors. Also running IK ARC 3. 

It also looked better on the 4K 40" monitor I'm using.
(05-25-2021, 09:54 AM)jackterje Wrote: Does not the license for v7 work on .150??
I Just downloaded and installed it..... on a macbook

If you have already installed and activated V7 the upgrade just removes existing executable related pieces and then installs new version and runs as activated previously