Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA plugins not showing.
Hi Brian,

Quote:Went through the common process of updates from Microsoft, and manufacturer drivers. Have no problems with plugins. Might your issue be due to a certain combination of cpu, motherboard, hardware?
Anything is possible I suppose, but the manner in which the problem was only sorted by the installation of the redistributables points to that being the answer. Otherwise, there's no logical explanation. I think the difference with your build is that you performed the Microsoft updates, whereas my machine is permanently off-line, so a manual search and download was needed. Basically I don't do Windows updates because when I boot the PC I like it to be just as it was when I shut it down! It would be interesting to find out if the AVA plugins used Visual Studio C++ in part of the development, because as Johne pointed out, that would necessitate the installation of redistributable files.

Anyway, thanks for the useful input. It may be that we never know for sure, but if anyone else has the problem then it's worth giving this a try.
Cheers.