Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m trying Mixbus but audio files not converting.
I just took a look at some old sessions here and only 'record-enabled' wavs seem to have a % sign in their name - but for more recent sessions, it seems like even regular playable files can also contain a % sign now. Not sure if that's changed deliberately or accidentally (or even if it's relevant!!)  Sad

[Edit...] What happens of you create a brand new session in some different folder? Does the new one show the same problem? Or is it only affecting that one project?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Two thoughts here:
1) If the current session has tracks record-enabled, then there might be write-locks on those source files in the interchange folder - that is, those files are
only writable by the session engine.?
2) I'm wondering if there is a limitation to the number of characters in the names of session files - those filenames in the previously posted screen shot are quite long.

Cheers!
Patrick
(02-14-2021, 11:53 AM)PBuryk Wrote: Two thoughts here:
1) If the current session has tracks record-enabled, then there might be write-locks on those source files in the interchange folder - that is, those files are
only writable by the session engine.?
2) I'm wondering if there is a limitation to the number of characters in the names of session files - those filenames in the previously posted screen shot are quite long.

Cheers!
Patrick
Let’s dig more into number one. That’s sounds like there may be an issue in that.
(02-15-2021, 01:40 AM)Tassy Wrote: Interchange files can be deleted without any harm, MB recreates them at the next opening.
Interchage files are to save MB power not to recreate the waveform any second all the time while playing but can read the interchege wave it as it is easily.
This "zebra" line waves mean some corruption or any so geting rid of all the old interchange files may help
Tassy

CAUTION!

Better not act funny with any file in the Interchange/ directory, they are the actual content files used by your session, midifiles in the midifiles/ subdir and audio files in the audiofiles one.
If you remove them you'd better at the same time warm-up your instruments or prepare your bands to re-record their stuff again...
I suppose you were thinking of the peak files, they're another stuff Wink
Mixbus/32C 5.3.22, 6.2.407 and 7.1.92 on Manjaro midtower i5-6600K 3.5GHz and Manjaro or LibraZik3 on Lenovo X250 i5
Mixbus 5.3.22 and 6.2.407 on Win10x64/Lenovo T40 i7 and X250 i5
audiocards: Scarlett 2i4, Tascam US4x4HR
(02-15-2021, 08:39 AM)Harvey Stuart Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 01:40 AM)Tassy Wrote: Interchange files can be deleted without any harm, MB recreates them at the next opening.
Interchage files are to save MB power not to recreate the waveform any second all the time while playing but can read the interchege wave it as it is easily.
This "zebra" line waves mean some corruption or any so geting rid of all the old interchange files may help
Tassy

CAUTION!

Better not act funny with any file in the Interchange/ directory, they are the actual content files used by your session, midifiles in the midifiles/ subdir and audio files in the audiofiles one.
If you remove them you'd better at the same time warm-up your instruments or prepare your bands to re-record their stuff again...

jaja sorry I messed up the namesSad thought  about the "peak" files, so delated my mistake post
Thanks
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(02-15-2021, 08:39 AM)Harvey Stuart Wrote:
Tassy

CAUTION!

Problem is that there are no interchange files at all. It’s not letting me copy sessions in the interchange file nor is it letting me record in it as well. I know I have changed the file paths and they are still trying to record in the interchange folder.
(02-15-2021, 09:34 PM)Tyreebme Wrote: I have changed the file paths and they are still trying to record in the interchange folder.

Usually your interchange folder will have a sub-folder which has the same name as your session. And that subfolder should have its own subfolder (called audiofiles ) which is where the new recordings go. Are you seeing those folders?

Also, do you have any other drives on your system - or only your C: drive? Your screenshot suggests that you've 2 x USB drives on your system. Have you tried creating sessions on the USB drives?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!