Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m trying Mixbus but audio files not converting.
Hello I was trying to see if I can get assistance. I’m trying to use mixbus demo to see if it will work for me. But I cannot. the wav files to convert to the DAW. I tried multiple wav file and the lane will show up. But the wav is not there. And I checked your error icon. And it just says that Session: Cannot use that location for session start/end. And ERROR: Session could not Allocate file.
Hello, and Welcome to the Mixbus Forum.
Interesting error... What steps are you using to "convert" your WAV file?
Normally, we (Mixbus Users) speak of Importing source (WAV and other type) files; "Converting files is usually an Export related activity.
Regardless... Issuing a "Cntl  + I" while in the Editor window brings up a tool that will provide a number of options for file importing.
I usually just use the browser path to select one (or more) WAV files that I have on my computer for the session.
I prefer to "Import to the start of Session" so all incoming files start at the same place.
There's lots more you can do there so play around with the features to see what suits you best.
Doesn't matter that you're using a DEMO of Mixbus; the DEMO version is the "FULL" version, in every way, plus an
annoying noise generation periodically to remind you to purchase a license for continued use.

Cheers!
Patrick
(01-27-2021, 08:15 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Hello, and Welcome to the Mixbus Forum.
Interesting error... What steps are you using to "convert" your WAV file?
Normally, we (Mixbus Users) speak of Importing source (WAV and other type) files; "Converting files is usually an Export related activity.
Regardless... Issuing a "Cntl  + I" while in the Editor window brings up a tool that will provide a number of options for file importing.
I usually just use the browser path to select one (or more) WAV files that I have on my computer for the session.
I prefer to "Import to the start of Session" so all incoming files start at the same place.
There's lots more you can do there so play around with the features to see what suits you best.
Doesn't matter that you're using a DEMO of Mixbus; the DEMO version is the "FULL" version, in every way, plus an
annoying noise generation periodically to remind you to purchase a license for continued use.

Cheers!
Patrick

Thank you for responding. Ive used two paths to import to Mixbus. I went to file and import and ive tried the drag and drop. I took 3 screenshots of errors I got when I uninstalled and reinstalled and tried to import audio again. And this was by trying any import that I can. And I also did as you suggested, which was Cntl +I. still the same thing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

To get closer to the issue try to play the wave you select in the import dialogue.
does it play or sends error too?
Also try to drag some other waves a song from a cd or record something just to see what happens then.
It may help to find the reason.
If nothing works send a direct mail to Harrison support
They are most helpful
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I agree with Tassy - Try to bring in some other standard WAV file to see if that works.
I see, from your screen shots, that your method of importing and the format of the file currently being loaded, are all correct.
What gets my attention is the fact that Mixbus complains about not being able to load your files as read/write.
This usually indicates there is an issue with that file and the workings of your OS and/or user area setup (ie, access/permissions).
I also see that there is a "%" character in the names of the files being rejected.
Try: Rename one of those files. Just eliminate the "%" character and see if the file loads into the session.

Cheers!
Patrick
Can be that your wave file is "write protected"?
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Weird... it almost looks like you don't have write access to you own home folder (or at least, Mixbus doesn't !!)

Does it make any difference if you right-click on your Mixbus icon and then choose Run as Administrator ?

BTW - those 6.2MB files with a % sign in their name suggests that you've got several channels record-enabled (i.e. they're empty stubs - waiting to be recorded. They're not yet real, playable wav files).
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(01-28-2021, 03:06 AM)Tassy Wrote: To get closer to the issue try to play the wave you select in the import dialogue.
does it play or sends error too?
Also try to drag some other waves  a song from a cd or record something just to see what happens then.
It may help to find the reason.
If nothing works send a direct mail to Harrison support
They are most helpful
Thank you for responding also. To answer your first question, yes all the files play in the import dialogue. But as soon as I import it just shows the track and no wav file. I have also tried to import a fulls song from a CD and a song that I have finished from a previous session that will pull up in my Reason.
(01-28-2021, 08:49 AM)PBuryk Wrote: I agree with Tassy - Try to bring in some other standard WAV file to see if that works.
I see, from your screen shots, that your method of importing and the format of the file currently being loaded, are all correct.
What gets my attention is the fact that Mixbus complains about not being able to load your files as read/write.
This usually indicates there is an issue with that file and the workings of your OS and/or user area setup (ie, access/permissions).
I also see that there is a "%" character in the names of the files being rejected.
Try: Rename one of those files. Just eliminate the "%" character and see if the file loads into the session.

Cheers!
Patrick
Thank you also for responding. The read/write error message you see is when I tried to actually record in Mixbus. The audio came through. I could hear everything. But what came up was warning bars. (I’ll take a picture later.) So it’s not only importing my audio, it’s not recording it either. I am using Apollo Twin USB if that helps. But I also did it on the MME and it did the same thing. 
What's the complete session path? Can you save and re-open sessions? Looks like it's as someone here said: you try to operate on a write protceted storage media.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths