Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidechain Compressor
(08-13-2021, 06:51 PM)Andy76 Wrote: It's amazing how much was said for the return of this built-in sidechain function but Harrison seem to dismiss people`s requests.

On one hand, Harrison motivation could be correct.

On the other hand, so many people are frustrated and really want this feature back. And this trend is persistent.

Common sense calls for attention to this HUGE request but we are told there is a "better" way with more clicks.

Am I missing something?

I believe it's not many people but the handful make a lot of noise.
My opinion: a single sidechain bus as the only source for mixbus-compressors only is quite limited. You may want another mixbus or even a channel done with a different sidechain source.
Re-implementation of the old way might clash with other mechanisms, remember, v6 came with a whole new latency compensation engine.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(08-13-2021, 11:24 PM)Dingo Wrote: Background for those interested...

Thanks Dingo. My mistake, I thought you were suggesting that there was somehow a way to SC the built-in compressors.

In that case, I second amanamission's comment that a SC pin connection on the built-in compressors would be great.
(08-14-2021, 10:58 PM)johndev Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 11:24 PM)Dingo Wrote: Background for those interested...

Thanks Dingo. My mistake, I thought you were suggesting that there was somehow a way to SC the built-in compressors.

In that case, I second amanamission's comment that a SC pin connection on the built-in compressors would be great.

I would like that, too - of course I want to choose where the pin gets the sc signal from. Saves plugins. And those who want the "old" behaviour back, might be happy, too: they could collect all sends in a mixbus (or utility bus) and use that as the sidechain signal.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Quote:In that case, I second amanamission's comment that a SC pin connection on the built-in compressors would be great.

I would like that, too - of course I want to choose where the pin gets the sc signal from. Saves plugins. And those who want the "old" behaviour back, might be happy, too: they could collect all sends in a mixbus (or utility bus) and use that as the sidechain signal.

Sounds like a Feature Request
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
It would be a cool feature.

Just in case there are technical reasons it would be super difficult to access a side chain pinout on each channel compressor, and assuming there aren't technical hurdles to reinstating the single-click side chain utility, I'd still be thrilled with the V3-V5 feature added back in. For anything complicated we'll be using the V6 pinout feature anyway.

Can't remember exactly how it was implemented, but it felt like this huge kindness (and it was so fast to set up!) to have a DAW thoughtfully bake in one simple side chain utility channel ready to feed any of the built-in compressors and leave the rest up to us. IIRC it lived next to the metronome utility channel in the channel router but I may be wrong.

Maybe the product teams thought of it as a stepping stone. A few of us think you struck gold.