Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidechain Compressor
I know it's been mentioned previously, but it's been a few months on Mixbus 6 without the built-in sidechaining, and I'd like to beg one more time for its return. Very useful feature that is difficult to do without. Please consider bringing it back for the next update.
Thank you very much.
I agree... I miss it a lot. If including the sidechain option imn a future version of Mixbus, I wish the Harrison plugin compressor would have a sidechain feature
I'd like to have it too !
In the templates you still have the podcast one that is configured with Sidechain, but doesn't work anymore like that..
Thought I was over it too but after adding 5000 instances of ACE compressor, having to click twice on the "pinout" context menu each time just to get it to show up, and clickety click click clickery clooney it gets old. That built in single channel of side chain key was so useful. And when it wasn't, ACE compressor was there with its clicks.
I've never really replaced it. I group everything to a bus for parallel sidechaining, but it's hard to dial in because, you know, it's everything at once. DSP prohibitive to use it on everything, I have an old system.
I wish they would bring it back, I just want a little love tap on everything to make room for the vocals.
You know, all we would need is to have pin connections on the compressor module, like any other plugin. If we could have that, then we could set up the SC and use the mixbus comp just like we used to. It would be even better, because we could also adjust the ratio, and the SC signal could be any track or bus, even another Mixbus.
Please?
It's amazing how much was said for the return of this built-in sidechain function but Harrison seem to dismiss people`s requests.

On one hand, Harrison motivation could be correct.

On the other hand, so many people are frustrated and really want this feature back. And this trend is persistent.

Common sense calls for attention to this HUGE request but we are told there is a "better" way with more clicks.

Am I missing something?
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
Whilst the 'old' way was fast it was limited to one side chain only and a lot of users wanted more than the one side chain.
It boils down to a solution that enables everyone to use SC.
If it was limited to the old way, then a large part of the users are locked out.
So it is about a solution that can function for all parties. 
The new way allows more flexibility and is not really a loss of function, just a change in how it is implemented.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
What is this "new way" mentioned in the previous two posts? I'm wondering if I'm missing an important trick.
(08-13-2021, 10:19 PM)johndev Wrote: What is this "new way" mentioned in the previous two posts? I'm wondering if I'm missing an important trick.

Background for those interested...

The way SC was implemented in v3 to v5 was a single SC with no control over relative levels thresholds etc.
It was selected clicking a red arrow on the fader and selecting an additional compression mode (sidechain) on a Mixbus.
Whilst quick it was rough as and only one instance.

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...ompression

In version 6 came the 'new' way...

Which involves linking a Side chain patch using the 'pin connection' function in a Side Chain enabled Plugin.
The ACE Compressor comes bundled and has such functionality.
You can then assign a single track or Mixbus to that SC input. An Orange SC Stub will appear on the source track allowing drive control.
If you want to send multiple tracks to one SC input, select tracks, right mouse in group bar from tracks selected 'create new aux bus pre / post' and this will add a send stub to every selected track giving you individual drive control over the SC sends.
Multiple side chain instances can be had.

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...ompression
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5