Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about getting a Behringer X-Touch
While I was working on the NanoKontrol2 setup I came across the videos covering the Behringer X-Touch.

I have a question. The video was all about the $450 X-Touch with 8 faders. There's a single fader model for $150. I mostly record myself playing bass, guitars, synths, drums or doing vocals. 

Is anyone using the single fader version?. 

Is there a setup for it like the 8 fader one I saw in the video?

Should I just hang with my NanoKontrol2? - 

Thanks
I would rather have one motorized fader than a whole bank of unmotorized any day.

Make sure you also check out the PreSonus Faderport lineup. Great stuff and out-of-the-box integration with Mixbus.
i5-8400 - 16GB - Big SSD & HD - Win10 Pro - Mixbus - Studio One
UAD Apollo Quad Firewire - Quad FW satellite - PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8 - Console 1
Lots of guitars - I build all my own tube amps

Agree about the motorized fader. With the NanoKontrol2 you have to sort of guestimate where you had the fader to "sync" with Mixbus. I'll check out the PreSonus Faderport.
After researching control surfaces I'm leaning towards the X-Touch One.
I got the x-touch recently and it works like a charme with mixbus, so not a mistake at all Big Grin
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Hi Arthie,

Which model did you get? I'm definitely going to just get the single fader one but curious what others are getting
I got the big 9 fader version, very happy with it.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(01-11-2021, 01:22 PM)arthie Wrote: I got the big 9 fader version, very happy with it.

I think I'll start with the single fader and see how I make out, if I upgrade should be easy to sell later. 

I have a couple of Lenovo X230's built in 2012 with i5 3360, 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD's mounted on a quick lok stand with a Behringer UMC202HD and a powered 4 port hub. I run Cantabile Performer on them to play VST's live. Never a hiccup. I think Lenovo laptops are particularly good for music after all power management is disabled and CPU's are set not to throttle. I turn off WiFi, Bluetooth etc also.
I haven't pulled the trigger on the X-Touch yet - in "analysis paralysis" between single fader and 9 fader. My leaning toward single fader is if I get good at whatever shortcuts there are for jumping between tracks, bus and master (or monitor? read that thread!) then it won't slow me down. 

I watched the Mixbus YouTube video on the X-Touch 9 fader unit and liked what was demonstrated. I see that the 9 knobs can be mapped to a single strip's various functions such as eq. I'm not sure I would use that - has anyone with the 9 fader X-Touch used that functionality? Sometimes getting used to something like that is more work than staying with mouse on the screen operation.  

Any comments on this would be much appreciated. 
I have a question about the X-Touch. 

Is communication is two way? 

If I set record on a track on the X-Touch and it lights up as set to record both on the X-Touch and in Mixbus and then I go into the Mixbus interface and turn off record for that track does it send a message to the X-Touch to turn off the record light?