Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about getting a Behringer X-Touch
the comunication goes both ways. And I use often the potis mapped to one chanel, it is the fastest way to adjust your chanel EQ and Comp, that was the main reason for the 9 Fader version, not the 9 faders Big Grin Hope that helps
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Hi Arthie,

Your response was a big help. I was thinking exactly the same thing. The 9 pots across assigned to EQ or other things would be helpful. Especially if the LCD scribble strip shows you that knob's function. Otherwise I think the single fader model is good.

I found a 9 fader X-Touch Compact for sale for $94 new on what looks like an overstock type website.  It has no scribble strips or jog wheel. I guess it's the first version of the X-Touch?

I've been using the NanoKontrol2 successfully as a means to sit where my guitars and basses are away from the computer desk and do takes. I have to look over at the computer display to see the red record lights are lit but otherwise I can just run it like a tape recorder from days gone by. 

In reaper I used a big Samsung Note (retired from phone duty) running it's web interface as a control surface. Was a little fiddly because of it being a touch screen.
That seams to be the x-touch mini. I thought about that model, too, but decided for the normal one, yes it costs more, but I think the mini displays and having more knobs for all the functions one wants tells one to take the normal x-touch. My final decision was 9-fader x-touch or 1-fader version and that came down to making EQ adjustments and Compressor adjustments with mouse or x-touch. Therefore everyone has to answer himself, which way of controling do I prefer.
Glad if I could help ya Big Grin
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2