Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube won't play while Mixbus is running
(01-03-2021, 04:30 PM)OzyMixbus Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 05:37 AM)Tassy Wrote: On win 7/64 MB and youtube both use the motherboard sound chip and both can be played at the same time
An old feature that in windows if no plug is pluged (jacks) in the motherboard audio in/out, windows does not "recognise" its audio interface.
Just suggestion
Tassy

So i should plug in a headphone jack? But then it'll play out of a separate place instead of the headphone jack on my interface.

In my setup I have a little mixer where the PC soundcard and the UR22 USB interface go in.
The mixer out goes to the studio monitors
If I want to listen on headphones I may use the mixer HP out for both.
Basically the PC sounds (youtube, media player etc...) sounds from the motherboard and Mixbus sounds from what I chose from its audio setup.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
IMO Harrison should have an option similar to the one in FL Studio:

Auto close - When selected, allows other applications to share the audio device when FL Studio loses focus (FL Studio is minimized or another application is selected). This option allows you to share your audio interface when your audio driver is not multi-client.
Had the same problem, this helped:

I had to dive into the Windows Sound Settings and find the (advanced) Device Settings* an match the default Sample Rate Setting there to my MB Project Setting. Win-default was 96k there which played fine until I opened MB with a 48k Session, which freezed Youtube and other Audio Playback. After changing the Win Device Setting to a matching 48k Mixbus and System play both simultaneous here. 

*german win-install here, maybe the screenshot helps:

(06-18-2021, 12:28 PM)Lars Wrote: Had the same problem, this helped:

I had to dive into the Windows Sound Settings and find the (advanced) Device Settings* an match the default Sample Rate Setting there to my MB Project Setting. Win-default was 96k there which played fine until I opened MB with a 48k Session, which freezed Youtube and other Audio Playback. After changing the Win Device Setting to a matching 48k Mixbus and System play both simultaneous here. 

*german win-install here, maybe the screenshot helps:

Thank You very very much, it works!!! Smile