Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA Plugs crashing MB and Studio One
Yes JUCE has been around for a while and has pretty wide support in the plugin community, both professional and DIY developers.

I was poking around the JUCE forums (I was in software development in a past career) and there apparently is an issue on how to identify whether or not a system has OpenGL support and if you are not correctly handling potential errors that result if you try and start it then it will cause crashes. Additionally, from what I could gather the errors only surface if your system does NOT support OpenGL or if your graphics card drivers are buggy.

So... yeah it is possible, but I honestly have no idea if Harrison even uses JUCE. If they did it would not surprise me because in addition to the "big 3" (AAX VST AU) you CAN also use it to generate LV2 plugins - which is what the Mixbus XT programs are.

But, like I said, support has told me they have already identified and fixed it... they just need to get the release done and out there. When that happens, we will see if that fixes things.
i5-8400 - 16GB - Big SSD & HD - Win10 Pro - Mixbus - Studio One
UAD Apollo Quad Firewire - Quad FW satellite - PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8 - Console 1
Lots of guitars - I build all my own tube amps

(01-04-2021, 12:32 AM)MakerDP Wrote: support has told me they have already identified and fixed it... they just need to get the release done and out there.

Ah, that's good to know! FWIW I tested the AVA plugins on 3 different machines, running 3 different versions of OpenGL and even 3 different OS's (Win7, Win8.1 and Win10). Two of the systems were 64-bit and one was 32-bit. For me, absolutely every combination failed but as far as I could tell, OpenGL was NOT a factor in the crash.

The really confusing thing is that it works fine for some users - yet some of those users are saying that the original (LV2 format) plugins now crash for them!! It'll be great if it's been found at last Smile
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I finally got around to updating to the latest AVA and MixBus32C versions today to try and sort this all out and....

1) AVA Plugins now work 100% OK in Mixbus32C - cool!

2) AVA Plugins still crash Studio One 5 to the desktop instantly when closing the AVA GUI - bummer I really want to use the de-esser in SO5!

3) Still a major problem with Console 1: I can insert the Console 1 plugin to all tracks and buses 1-8 without any issues at all. However, upon trying to insert the Console 1 plugin on buses 9-12 then Mixbus32C hangs and requires a force-quit.

This is all on my Windows 10 Professional with onboard Intel graphics in my i5-8400 system.

Until I get the Console 1 issue resolved, I am not using Mixbus... It is integral to my workflow and I won't work without it and I don't want to go to the custom MB mapping for Console 1... want to use the native C1 channel strips.
i5-8400 - 16GB - Big SSD & HD - Win10 Pro - Mixbus - Studio One
UAD Apollo Quad Firewire - Quad FW satellite - PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8 - Console 1
Lots of guitars - I build all my own tube amps

Solution which I use is switch plugin GUI from normal "nice" to generic UI before closing window. It works for me.
Windows 10 Reaper