Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching from plugin window to MixBus window for playback
(05-11-2021, 05:42 PM)Mixbususer33 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 06:14 AM)Pi_K Wrote: Agreed in this last post.
Dingo always answering nicely and knownledgly (?)

About topic, yes its annoying but instead of buying a fadeport or whatever just get use to do an extra click to the background after pressing spacebar when you're tweaking a plugin and you will be fine.
But I hear your point, coming from other DAWs to Mixbuss sometimes shows you this kind of things that we need to get used to from scratch.

Like the lacking of undo when you tweak the Mixbuss eq on 32c for example. I miss the Ctrl-Z hehe

Hi Pi K,
as you say, life goes on  ... but it is a rather strange issue as it also affects Harrison's own plugins here on Windows and in general other DAWs I work with don't have this problem either with 99,9% of the many plugins I own. So hopefully they will address this....
regards

Yeah just tested with the brand new Drum Flow under Linux, same behaviour. I usually don't use the keyboard as I have transport knobs on my Midi keys and before that I had a MCU so I didn't notice.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Im not a coder, but it has to be something with Ardour itself
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
Hi
Although Dino says it works fine on MacOS, it doesn't with Melodyne. Just tested this again in MB7 with Melodyne 5.1.1. It doesn't matter if you have the green keyboard switch on or off, after editing a note in Melodyne you always have to click in a Mixbus main window, otherwise pressing spacebar won't result in play.

For me this means that, although I like Mixbus a lot, I don't use it a lot; whenever I need Melodyne, I use Pro Tools.

Just like others I hoped that this would have been fixed in v7. But it seems to be a difficult problem to solve.

Pitty.

Daniel