Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching from plugin window to MixBus window for playback
Look for a button with a keboard on it.

(12-03-2020, 09:29 AM)Stephane Morisse Wrote: Where's that green button ? I must be blind, I can't see it.

(11-21-2020, 02:59 PM)Dingo Wrote: That should only happen when you have the green keyboard lock on (to allow text entry into a field).
I tend to use the mouse / control surface to adjust values rather than typing in numbers, that way I can leave the plugin open and still use the space bar and numeric transport key shortcuts.
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
Hi,
this issue still doesn't seem to be fixed in M6 or M7 (demo) Windows ?!
This is really, really awkward.
Has a developer ever replied on this issue in another thread?

regards
@Mixbususer33 -

Yes, the developer has indeed answered the question.
Please read through the previous page of posts on this thread to come up to date.

Additionally, a suitable "workaround" was also described - add an external piece of hardware
to map the transport controls to it. This will work in all cases of window focus.
Should actually be a "given" that one purchase such an add-on for running a DAW,
same as back in the olden days of computing - you needed to buy a mouse for certain "conveniences".

Cheers!
Patrick
(05-10-2021, 12:54 PM)PBuryk Wrote: @Mixbususer33 -

Yes, the developer has indeed answered the question.
Please read through the previous page of posts on this thread to come up to date.

Additionally, a suitable "workaround" was also described - add an external piece of hardware
to map the transport controls to it. This will work in all cases of window focus.
Should actually be a "given" that one purchase such an add-on for running a DAW,
same as back in the olden days of computing - you needed to buy a mouse for certain "conveniences".

Cheers!
Patrick

Hi Patrick,
thanks for your reply! I went back to previous page and you are right there is the recommendation of something like a Faderport or something programmable. Ok, I might have to look into something like that then as a workaround.
But: I think you refer to Dingo as the developer ( I'm new on this forum) and as he said it should actually work if the "green keyboard lock" is not set to "on", right? This would also be my understanding: unless we explicitly tell Mixbus to let the plugin window intercept my key strokes ...keycommands should actually work in an open plugin window. 

Thanks again :o)regards

Hi mixbususer33... I am not a dev, just one of the janitors of this forum.
However you are right, when the keyboard lock is not on (not green) transport commands should pass.
This is the behaviour I get using macOS.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-10-2021, 04:08 PM)Dingo Wrote: Hi mixbususer33... I am not a dev, just one of the janitors of this forum.
However you are right, when the keyboard lock is not on (not green) transport commands should pass.
This is the behaviour I get using macOS.

Hi Dingo, thanks for replying! Good to know that Mixbus on an Apple seems to work alright then in that regard. Lucky you :o)

ah, a janitor :o) , then x42 is being referred to as the dev and I followed the link to his reply :"Some plugin UIs just grab all events in a way that Mixbus does not even know that a key was pressed. That'll require trickery to work around."
I might have to ask him in that thread as it seems to affect also Mixbuses own plugins on Windows.
Mixbus-plugins passing through the keycommands is really important I would think...

Thanks and regards
@Mixbususer33 -

Yup! X42 is the developer I was referring to.
BTW... X42 is THE authority over on the Ardour Development side so you will NOT get a BS answer from him!
Also... Dingo is probably THE best person to discuss MB/MB32C on a MAC with.

Cheers!
Patrick
Agreed in this last post.
Dingo always answering nicely and knownledgly (?)

About topic, yes its annoying but instead of buying a fadeport or whatever just get use to do an extra click to the background after pressing spacebar when you're tweaking a plugin and you will be fine.
But I hear your point, coming from other DAWs to Mixbuss sometimes shows you this kind of things that we need to get used to from scratch.

Like the lacking of undo when you tweak the Mixbuss eq on 32c for example. I miss the Ctrl-Z hehe
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
(05-10-2021, 09:08 PM)PBuryk Wrote: @Mixbususer33 -

Yup! X42 is the developer I was referring to.
BTW... X42 is THE authority over on the Ardour Development side so you will NOT get a BS answer from him!
Also... Dingo is probably THE best person to discuss MB/MB32C on a MAC with.

Cheers!
Patrick

Thanks Patrick, good to know :o) 
regards
(05-11-2021, 06:14 AM)Pi_K Wrote: Agreed in this last post.
Dingo always answering nicely and knownledgly (?)

About topic, yes its annoying but instead of buying a fadeport or whatever just get use to do an extra click to the background after pressing spacebar when you're tweaking a plugin and you will be fine.
But I hear your point, coming from other DAWs to Mixbuss sometimes shows you this kind of things that we need to get used to from scratch.

Like the lacking of undo when you tweak the Mixbuss eq on 32c for example. I miss the Ctrl-Z hehe

Hi Pi K,
as you say, life goes on  ... but it is a rather strange issue as it also affects Harrison's own plugins here on Windows and in general other DAWs I work with don't have this problem either with 99,9% of the many plugins I own. So hopefully they will address this....
regards